STAFFWORKS

STAFFWORKS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GOOD PEOPLE
MAIL SORTER (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2014
STABLE EMPLOYMENT,THE PEOPLE ARE HARD WORKING AND FUN TO WORK WITH.
Job was okay
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2014
*Constant movement
*Learned about some machinery
*Managed well
*Palletizing
*Taking a break
Did not like this type of work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJuly 13, 2014
The hardest part of this job was standing on my feet on a concrete floor with steel toed shoes daily.
Terrible work assignments
Company (Former Employee), HerkimerJuly 1, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: no benefits. no regulation. few laws to protect employees.
Temp agencies should be used as a last resort, they are essentially cattle-farms exploiting the poor and desperate.
Better off looking for work on your own
NA (Former Employee), New Hartford NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: na
Rude and unfriendly staff. The employees at Staffworks in New Hartford and Rome NY should be fired. They are the most incompetent people that I ever had to deal with. I went to Columbia Place Associates and they found me work right away and I was hired on .
bS dont work for them
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), North Syracuse, NYApril 29, 2014
Harasment for the supervisor buch of back stabing people. dont go here very under payed
Excellent staff, not always excellent temporary work
Temp Worker (Former Employee), Seymour, CTApril 19, 2014
Pros: immediate assistance with job search
Cons: long drive, temporary placements not ideal.
Staffworks is a Temp agency, and I can say nothing but positive things for their staff. However, the jobs I was placed in would often be quite far (1-2 hour commute) and would not pay as much as i would have liked ( minimum). The most enjoyable part of my job was the artistic aspect that it had - though our creativity on projects was extremely limited. – more... However the least enjoyable part of the job was the extreme lack of equipment given to the painters. We had 4 chairs for a maximum of 12 artists, with very low tables, which meant stooping over the prints for 4-5 hours at a time causing very stiff backs. it was an easy fix that just never came to pass unfortunately. – less
staffworks has done absolutely nothing for me
Rome Staffworks (Former Employee), never got one assignmentApril 3, 2014
Pros: nothing
Went to them in December. The Rome office has not given me one assignment! The girl there has an attitude problem when ever I request she apply to a job for me. They do not let you apply on their website and if you do and they don't feel your qualified they get rid of your application. They suck!
You are brought in and switched
Temp (Former Employee), IndyMarch 28, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: all of the above
DO NOT GO HERE! They will waste your time with great job opportunity with a downtown location and MDA. You are brought in and switched into the MDA call center job. The job is HIGH turnover, of cold calling and begging for money. They offer a GROUP INTERVIEW, EVERY TWO WEEKS!! That is the turnover rate! Be ready to spend 2 1/2 to 3 hours’ worth of junk – more... paperwork and FAKE testing. They do not offer work to older people and people who do not meet their ideas. The 3 people in the office lie, are rude and will never tell a straight answer. I see from other reviews that do not offer direct deposit and every week you have to pick up a check in the office during the time you are at work and have no way of picking up a check. When I was called back by old guy. Who wanted me to LIE on my resume to meet his needs. I asked about the mystical downtown location that I was brought in for and then switched to MDA; he told me, "because, I was full time student (which I am a full time student online,) that I have no business working 40hrs a week." I once again asked about the downtown location, he told me that downtown was paying $9.00hr and MDA was $12.00. This could not be the 1st being asked because he knew what the net pay would be a week. SCARY! When I asked about direct deposit, he began to become upset and want to know who told me that in the OFFICE. I told him that I read all my info online and became very very upset and thus began the rude, yelling. I told him, do not contact me again. He told me that, “I was not welcome to work for his amazing company and all the reviews are all wrong, even if my info did come from 5 different sites.” I would say not. – less
An overall day at work was very comfortable.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Garland, TXFebruary 7, 2014
My job was to assemble, pack and load. Management was great and this was an easy company to work for.
Kept me busy
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 9, 2013
jobs were plentiful while I was working for this staffing firm. Had a very friendly job counselor.
temp agency
temp agency worker/various positions (Former Employee), Seymour, CTNovember 11, 2013
Pros: they work for you
Cons: limited resources
very hard working agency was able to learn a different type of manufacturing process
Great staffing company that took my home life into consideration
Quality control / Financial Support Specialist (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: many job opportunities
Cons: payscale was more on the low side
Employment at staffworks consisted of various temporary jobs, so they varied from clerical positions to customer service positions. The management at Staffworks were very helpful and quick to help assist me in finding new employment at times I needed it the most.
Non reliable
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Rome, NYAugust 12, 2013
Staffworks is poorly reliable to finding a steady job.
Temporary work depending on job
Temp to hire firm
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee), Indianpolis, INAugust 9, 2013
Pros: no interaction from my direct supervisory tema
Cons: temp to hire
A typical work day was interesting although there was not any interaction with the supervisory team for the placement firm I was working for only the supervisory staff of the company I was placed at.
This was just a tempory job I took for extra income. But I did enjoy working for Suburban Propane
Customer Service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 23, 2013
Pros: it was part time
Cons: it was evening and weekends
Retrieve customer phone calls for sales leads, inquires, complaints, payment processing, sending request for emergency delivery, services, update account information.
Long Hard Days
Production/ Sales (Former Employee), Norwich, NYJune 8, 2013
Pros: the choice to work by yourself or work with others
Cons: layoffs
Staffworks was a great job, I really liked it most of the time. It was a lot of repetition that isn't for everybody, but I enjoyed it. You had a chance to work with groups and by yourself all day.
Some mornings you would learn how to build new products and how they worked, what was new and up-and-coming.
The hardest part of the job was that when they – more... were low on shipments and didn't have enough work for all of us, there were layoffs and you never knew when you were going to return to work. – less
Temp Service
LABOR WORKER (Former Employee), West Allis, WIMay 20, 2013
Pros: work was available
Cons: no schedule, friends were sent out to work first
I enjoyed working for Staffworks, it is a temp service and it is first come first serve basis
Cold climate warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMay 7, 2013
A normal day i get on my forklift and move finished pallets to they destination
Don't even bother
Apparently Unemployable (Former Employee), Norwich,NYApril 25, 2013
Pros: there has been none
Cons: they don't even try to help you
I went months ago to have them promise they could get me work the very next week in a very well known plant in the area,just to be still waiting for any work,any where months later. You call or stop in every week to hear the same answer that there is no work,but this being a small town you hear from friends that their friends who just walked in,were – more... hired from SW for jobs that you have been waiting to work at. It seems they want the less desirables knowing they won't work out or can't pass a drug test and will have to keep going back to SW for a job,having them keep taking a portion of that paycheck each pay week.
They don't even try to find you something if your decent in dress and appearance or have the education. I'm not alone as I have talked to neighbors and friends that they are going through the same problems with this agency. Don't bother,it's not worth your time! – less