Our client, one of the largest suppliers of heavy building material to the construction industry in North America with operations across Canada and USA, is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor for one of their production plants in Edmonton, Alberta area.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the ideal candidate will have an industrial maintenance background as well as be a ticketed Millwright and/or a dual ticketed Millwright/Welder and/or a Mechanical Engineering degree. You will also have the ability to lead and direct a team to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, personnel, quality and efficiency.
This exciting position offers a competitive annual salary, comprehensive benefits package and relocation allowance.
- Plan, schedule work scopes, coordinate, and supervise all work requirements associated with preventative maintenance, emergency repairs and day to day work orders;
- Review, identify and organize training requirements to develop the skills and capabilities of the maintenance team (comprised of mechanical and electrical trades people);
- Follow up with maintenance team during their assigned tasks on a regular basis to be sure work is performed in a safe and efficient manner, gather accurate estimates of repair time, crew size and costs of repair;
- Coordinate equipment lockout with production, other trades and contractors;
- Participate in the communication and coordination between Maintenance, Production, Management and other Functional groups within the Company;
- Manage and improve the plant’s overall preventative maintenance strategy such as Condition Based Monitoring and Failure Analysis programs and ensure compliance with safety, environmental, process and product quality standards;
- Investigate equipment failures and trouble-shoot problems;
- Cooperate with production personnel to ensure equipment uptime is maintained at the highest possible standard;
- Promote safe work habits and a safe work environment.
- Administer the collective agreement and company policies and procedures including those applying to absenteeism, grievance handling, and discipline.
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure continuity of operations, may be on a 24/7 basis.
- Any other duty as assigned.
- 5 plus years experience in an industrial manufacturing facility
- Millwright and/or a dual ticketed Millwright/Welder and/or a Mechanical Engineering degree
- Experience in Cement/Concrete facility is an asset
- Expert in maintenance systems and overall manufacturing operations
- Supervisory experience required preferably in a unionized environment.
- Experience with maintenance scheduling software is an asset (Kronos, SAP etc.,)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of safe work practices and safety regulations.
Please forward your resume in word document format by email.