Staffinity Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Network Security Administrator for a full time opportunity located in Toronto, ON. The Network Security Administrator position is a key member of the Network and Delivery Services Team who is responsible for network security administration, monitoring, ongoing network security analysis and troubleshooting consistent with service delivery requirements. The position will provide technical experience and expertise in preventing, responding to, and resolving network security related problems. The successful incumbent will be a strong problem solver, with excellent organization and interpersonal skills. In addition, this person will have excellent documentation skills and be team player. This is a very small team that designs, implements, and administers all IT security related functions, so the successful candidate for this role must have a vast amount on knowledge and experience in IT Network Security.
** An absolute must is experience with Checkpoint firewalls and Blue Coat proxy. The other areas of security exposure should include IPS (Tipping Point ideally), IDS, Anti-spam, VPN, and Wifi. Starting salary will in the range of $75,000-$95,000 and include a bonus, pension and benefits package.
- Design, implement, and administer security structures and appliances to support the information and data security needs of internal and external networks and systems, providing 24x7x365 support for security in production systems as necessary
- Install, configure, and administer hardware and software systems that provide appropriate network security functionality
- Implement upgrades, repairs, modifications, and replacements of network security devices and/or software
- Monitor and assess security compliance through regular review of technical specifications, configurations, logs, scripts, etc., and conduct regular security checks on connections (internal/ external) and systems to identify vulnerability
- Review operation logs and event console activity to identify potential security-related events, determine cause of such events, and recommend respective counter measures
- Responsible for compiling, reviewing, reporting and completing monthly KRI (Key Risk Indicator) reports with respect to network security and network systems
- Communicate network security exposures, misuse, or noncompliance situations to management, and execute appropriate incident response procedures approved by the management
- Install, configure, and support all networking security hardware including cabling
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved security software/hardware/devices
- Assist in maintaining and testing business continuity/disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures necessary to recover services in the event of a declared disaster
- Configure and maintain security Information Management (SIM) solution. Assist other teams in development and report generation
- Configure, maintain and administer the proxy and remote access solutions for all locations
- Handle other duties as assigned by IT Management
- Hands-on sill and technical proficiency in network security-related hardware and software, network security assessment, security penetration and vulnerability testing, network and host-based intrusion detection, intrusion prevention system, firewalls, VPN, SSL, TLS, PKI, cryptography, Proxy Servers, Anti-virus, and Anti-Spam
- Working knowledge of security tools used in supporting multiplatform environments, risk assessment procedures, authorization methodologies, authentication technologies, and security attack pathologies
- Undergraduate degree in a related IT discipline, or equivalent related job experience
- A minimum of 5-10 years of working experience in support of a large scale, mission critical enterprise security infrastructure, and demonstrated excellence in implementation, administration, and troubleshooting complex, comprehensive enterprise level networks
- Related security and networking certifications are a plus
Indeed - 9 months ago
Staffinity helps qualified individuals find jobs with a wide variety of companies and industries all over Canada. We specialize in...