Staff Management

Staff Management Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Assembly line work
ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2013
Getting things done in an orderly fashion and on time was a good day.
So far So good
worker bee (Current Employee), Bennington,VtMarch 19, 2013
Pros: interesting people and all the o/t i can handle (right now)
Cons: on your feet for long periods of time
i have been working for 3months now and i am VERY happy with my job both the people i work with and the job i do.
Good work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, MSMarch 4, 2013
My shift always changed so it was always different. I just learned a little more about Uncle Ben's rice. The managers were very nice people. My co-workers were very different than what I am used to but i adjusted quickly. The hardest part was working with a few people but as I said, I adjusted quickly. The most enjoyable part was completing a full work – more... day. – less

– March 7, 2013

They told me there was no work on my shift and sent me home. Next day I got a call from SMX accusing me of doing something wrong. Instead of asking me about the situation they terminated me without even listening to my description of the situation. Terrible bordering on illegal labor practices.

HORRIBLE!!!
Trucking Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2013
The job duties are very simple and easy to learn, yet the knowledge of upper management in little to now! I have also been false hired being promised a long term jopb and now being told, "its a temp job"!!!

– March 7, 2013

The managers were not organized.They would hire too many temp. workers so each worker would only get 2 days labor per week.

– March 20, 2013

Try getting to know what there needs are. Get to know the management instead of saying how little they know. You can always learn something from someone. Always remain teachable and coachable. They are in there position for a reason. Respect and honor is how you climb the ladder! If you think you know everything and talk down to people you will always remain at the bottom. Show them you want the job. Give them a reason to want to keep you permanent! Think about it if someone was telling you how little you know and was negative would you want to give them that raise or hire them permanently? Just some things to think about. I truly wish you well!

Steady Workpace
Line Operator (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: shifts
Constant movement
learn how to move in a quick pace
communicate well with management and coworkers
Fast-paced and Energetic Environment
Lead Manager, Client Implementation (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2013
Staff Management is a great company for an individual seeking experience in project management and general HR functions. THey are a great team to work with, and a very dedicated and passionate management team.
Not very professional managing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Campbellsville, KYFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: paid bills
Cons: no job security regardless of how long you've worked there
Until someone actually gets hired to amazon full-time, your job security is at a constant risk for even the smallest mistakes. If it's not perfection; then you are not kept for long. I worked there for 8 months, cross trained in almost every outbound department they have and 1 inbound and they still didn't keep me around though my scores were among – more... the highest. They don't keep you up to date on policy changes or hours remaining. If you could get hired straight to amazon; you are much better off. Though it is the best paying job in my area; the management is very unprofessional. – less
Company tells associates what they want to hear.
Material Processor (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Ottawa, KSFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: working with other co-workers and the public
Cons: no benefits, and no notices of layoffs.
Associates were promised to be hired on full time, however if an associate was not in the click they were not considered. Management and supervisors were not on the same page. They would each tell associates a different instruction thus causing much termoil on the floor.
stressful at time long breaks fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Tunkhannock, PAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: long lunch breaks, and a few other breaks when the machines break down.
Cons: running around a fast paced environment can become sweaty and over whelmed at times.
I did really enjoy working here it was alot of fun. The people are great extremely family oriented. Flexible work hours and days. I would absolutely recommend working here to anybody at all. Thank you for making it such and enjoyable place to work.
pretty good
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Paterson, NJJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: good places they send you to work at
Cons: lately this temp agency been slow
staff mangement is a good agency if you in the paterson nj area to good for work.
Busy
Bundler/ Machine Operator (Current Employee), Skokie, ILJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: good workplace
Cons: slow months
Packing up car parts getting them ready for shipment. Changing filters, plastic, fixing minor problems. Applying the right amount of pressure, heat, and sealing time to avoid having rework. The co-workers are great! Made lots of friends. Not really a hard part to the work when trained properly. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting my work done.
good place to work
Line Worker (Current Employee), Champaign, ILDecember 26, 2012
overall a good staffing team and management would be nice to make a better salary as a line worker
my job is a very productive job
Assembly Line (Current Employee), Greenville, MSDecember 16, 2012
Cons: healthcare
busy, I've learned to work smarter not harder, the management is very professional. my co-workers are reliable, there not really a hard part. the most enjoyable part is getting up knowing I have a job.
amazon spartanburg sc
warehouse worker (Former Employee), spartanburgNovember 27, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
worked for smx at amazon plant thought it would but a great job it was till about 25 of us were let go for no reason and given a letter that state peck season was over but had not even started yet and every day new people have came in since we were let go so my thing is why let the people go that have been there 2 months learning and busting ... to – more... bring in more this was crazy I have still not got a reason yet for really letting those people go an myself I thought they were loooking for workers not slackers !!!!!! if the peck season will over why you'll call me back every week for a month to go back to the same place as if I had never been there they don;t no who has are is worked where or is working are not – less
fast pass job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 19, 2012
Pros: the shifted i worked.
Cons: i liked the money i made.
I liked working there.they had work for me to do and try to keep the employees there the hole shift.
They have no sense of being a team.
Group Lead (Former Employee), Champaign, ILOctober 9, 2012
Pros: work for 2 days and off for 2 days
Cons: when its your day to work you no matter holiday or weather and holiday pay.
You have to stay with the good ol crew. Once you stop playing their games your on the outside not even looking in.
Never Again
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hebron KYSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: weekly pay check
Cons: point system is ridiculous...don't. appreciate their workers
They don't care about their workers that's why they stay hiring. Their Attendance policy sucks....you get 1 1/2 point for missing a day and you get a half of point if you clock in after 2 minutes your shift starts. They give you no grace period. If you clock in a minute after lunch..they point you.They try to blame it on the company but they have a – more... say in it too. You get 6 points they fire you. So if you have kids or a life...this is not the job for you. They also have they favorites in the company too – less
it's a ok place to work could be better
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: flexibe work times
Cons: it's not work on a regular basis
it's a very fast pace job you must be in good shape to succeed.it's also very warm inside building
Always worked on a temporary basis.
Masking, Paint Inspection, Assembly (Former Employee), Nashville, ILSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: learned valuable skills, met a lot of wonderful influential people, opportunity to work with higher management
Cons: worked as a temp, no benefits, no fmla.
It wasn't a bad place to work but, would have liked the opportunity to have been hired directly through the company.
Learned A lot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2012
Learned a lot but there was no room for advancement. I was able to learn the ins and outs of a call center.