Staff Management

Staff Management Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
nothing good to say about this company
Material Handler (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management.
drive a forklift in shipping or receiving or loading lines.

I have gotten more practise on a forklift.

Management was very poor.

co-workers were good to work with. P.G.W. had a in house temp agency called Staff Management . So the P.G.W. workers made the Staff Management workers do there job as well. If you were Staff Management staff you would also be blamed if P.G.W. workers made a mistake. Very unprofessional. It was not a nice place to work sorry to say.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with P.G.W. management and P.G.W. workers expecting me to do P.G.W. workers jobs as well as my own job. I had to prove myself innocent multiple times because of the P.G.W. lies.

I liked driving my forklift it is a great job with high responsibility,
It is good place to work but the hours are less for the temporary staffs.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Delta, BCJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: not enough hours
This is my first warehouse job and first day when I entered inside the warehouse it was amazing for me, because it is so neat and clean. I am in packing section., they have very systematic method for every single activity. I learned the perfection. It involves lot of physical work so it is a paid gym to me
A company run by a team of bunch of "Mickey Mouses"
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), MississaugaNovember 7, 2013
Pros: good facility to work at, "caring" environment (not sure smx/amazon), good hours, decent pay..
Cons: too many chiefs, point based system, airport style check out, very disorganize, unprofessional supervisors and individuals who want to act as supervisors but lacking of power
A typical day at work would be like being able to stand for 10-11 hrs/day to do stowing work. I was recently employed as an Amazonian temp stower. I had to go through a horrendous exit check point. I get the fact that they have quite high value items such as electronic devices: high premium cell phones, computers, etc. But, come on... Am I at the Airport/ at a warehouse? Every time I needed to pick up my personal belonging such as a sanitary pad (I sometime forget to take one out and put it in my pocket), I had to go through the stupid checkout, lunch, break 2, and going home...WOW!
Co-workers were nice and friendly, management on the other hand, hahaha what a joke! I was supposed to sign an employment agreement, but they claimed that "it got lost" Am I kidding? Okay there... The orientation day was extremely hillarious as the management indicated that if you do this wrong, you are fired, if you do this, you are K. O!...Ouch...
Point system with Amazon... that is even hilarious, if you are late x point will be put on your file, if you are suddenly sick... oh, oh, another point in my file... if I have an exam... oh, oh, another point in my file... if the bus breaks down, oh, oh... another point in my file.. literally every single thing was a bad point... Furthermore, a problem solver guy acted like he was the manager and CAN write me up for something that I was not sure that I did wrong... WOW!
oh.. oh... another big bomb points in my file... I AM out! GLAD that I DID! Point based system--- hmmm... am I applying for an immigration here? CANNOT have a stable life balance... LOOKED – more... too good to be true!! If I had to choose working there/my education, I would choose my education, which is what I CHOSE (my education)! – less
Afternoon shift, good people as a whole
Supervisor assembly (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: long hours, no benefits, few opportunities for advancement
typically the day starts with review with day shift supervisor and discuss production needs for the night. We have a diverse workforce so sometime patience is key. We have an excellent team of supervisors. The hardest part of the job is when our suppliers fall short of our needs and we have to send people home giving them a short work week when they all want the hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having an good production shift where all our customers needs are met
Part time work, poor pay, disorganized management.
Associate (Current Employee), Alliston, Ontario, CanadaMarch 31, 2013
Pros: a lot of time off !
Cons: a lot of time off !
Our typical day of work starts out with us wondering if we will have a day of work...management never seems to know if we will have raw materials to work with. Logistics is so poor we usually end up getting asked to work stat holidays to catch up. Management also claim to be poorly informed about raw materials by the host company, we rarely work a full week. Benefits are non existent at the Canadian operations unlike the U.S. operations where employees may choose to buy into a benefits plan. The Staff office itself is staffed by unqualified personnel who cannot seem to fill the simplest payroll requests. All in all, the most disorganized company I have ever worked for.