Staff Management Employee Reviews in Canada

nothing good to say about this company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMarch 22, 2016
drive a forklift in shipping or receiving or loading lines.

I have gotten more practise on a forklift.

Management was very poor.

co-workers were good to work with. P.G.W. had a in house temp agency called Staff Management . So the P.G.W. workers made the Staff Management workers do there job as well. If you were Staff Management staff you would also be blamed if P.G.W. workers made a mistake. Very unprofessional. It was not a nice place to work sorry to say.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with P.G.W. management and P.G.W. workers expecting me to do P.G.W. workers jobs as well as my own job. I had to prove myself innocent multiple times because of the P.G.W. lies.

I liked driving my forklift it is a great job with high responsibility,
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management.
Great Management and Employees
Pre-Primer/Primer/Lace Press (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Each day starts with a safety meeting that includes all employees. Employees then go to their stations and inspect their work area and make note of any defects, and report them when necessary.
Once the line is ready, all employees must keep a reasonable pace to reach specified quotas for each quarter of the shift.
I learned how to spot defects in glass, and how to lead and coordinate up to 4-5 employees on days when our line was not running.
Communicating with co-workers is difficult give the conditions of work, but when the opportunity did arise I found it very easy to get along and get assistance from co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye. Aside from that, the job was easy to learn.
Most enjoyable part of the job was that they are willing to train you on any and all jobs available in the plant when the opportunity shows its self.
It is good place to work but the hours are less for the temporary staffs.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 2, 2014
This is my first warehouse job and first day when I entered inside the warehouse it was amazing for me, because it is so neat and clean. I am in packing section., they have very systematic method for every single activity. I learned the perfection. It involves lot of physical work so it is a paid gym to me
Pros
decent salary
Cons
not enough hours
A company run by a team of bunch of "Mickey Mouses"
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  MississaugaNovember 7, 2013
A typical day at work would be like being able to stand for 10-11 hrs/day to do stowing work. I was recently employed as an Amazonian temp stower. I had to go through a horrendous exit check point. I get the fact that they have quite high value items such as electronic devices: high premium cell phones, computers, etc. But, come on... Am I at the Airport/ at a warehouse? Every time I needed to pick up my personal belonging such as a sanitary pad (I sometime forget to take one out and put it in my pocket), I had to go through the stupid checkout, lunch, break 2, and going home...WOW!
Co-workers were nice and friendly, management on the other hand, hahaha what a joke! I was supposed to sign an employment agreement, but they claimed that "it got lost" Am I kidding? Okay there... The orientation day was extremely hillarious as the management indicated that if you do this wrong, you are fired, if you do this, you are K. O!...Ouch...
Point system with Amazon... that is even hilarious, if you are late x point will be put on your file, if you are suddenly sick... oh, oh, another point in my file... if I have an exam... oh, oh, another point in my file... if the bus breaks down, oh, oh... another point in my file.. literally every single thing was a bad point... Furthermore, a problem solver guy acted like he was the manager and CAN write me up for something that I was not sure that I did wrong... WOW!
oh.. oh... another big bomb points in my file... I AM out! GLAD that I DID! Point based system--- hmmm... am I applying for an immigration here? CANNOT have a stable life balance... LOOKED
  more... too good to be true!! If I had to choose working there/my education, I would choose my education, which is what I CHOSE (my education)!  less
Pros
good facility to work at, "caring" environment (not sure smx/amazon), good hours, decent pay..
Cons
too many chiefs, point based system, airport style check out, very disorganize, unprofessional supervisors and individuals who want to act as supervisors but lacking of power
Afternoon shift, good people as a whole
Supervisor assembly (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 3, 2013
typically the day starts with review with day shift supervisor and discuss production needs for the night. We have a diverse workforce so sometime patience is key. We have an excellent team of supervisors. The hardest part of the job is when our suppliers fall short of our needs and we have to send people home giving them a short work week when they all want the hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having an good production shift where all our customers needs are met
Pros
great co workers
Cons
long hours, no benefits, few opportunities for advancement
Part time work, poor pay, disorganized management.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, Ontario, CanadaMarch 31, 2013
Our typical day of work starts out with us wondering if we will have a day of work...management never seems to know if we will have raw materials to work with. Logistics is so poor we usually end up getting asked to work stat holidays to catch up. Management also claim to be poorly informed about raw materials by the host company, we rarely work a full week. Benefits are non existent at the Canadian operations unlike the U.S. operations where employees may choose to buy into a benefits plan. The Staff office itself is staffed by unqualified personnel who cannot seem to fill the simplest payroll requests. All in all, the most disorganized company I have ever worked for.
Pros
a lot of time off !
Cons
a lot of time off !