Stabil Drill Employee Reviews

Great employer with great benefits
Dispatcher/ Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2016
I worked for Stabil Drill for 8 years and it has been a great company. They treat their employees very good by offering a 401k plan, great insurance, benefits, and a safe working environment.
lively and fun company to work for.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 29, 2016
a good working environment and friendly co-workers.
very good safety oriented company.
caring and friendly management.
good understanding and well behaved supervisors.
Was a good job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mills, WYJanuary 4, 2016
Since the oilfield has slowed down, times are tough. This job was not the worst I've had, but has shown no signs of improving anytime soon. Upper management has been really good to me, although there is no room to advance in the local company branch. Good experience and good pay when you can work a full time position.
Stabil Drill
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKJanuary 11, 2016
Great place to work. Unfortunatley with the price of oil and gas, I have recently been let go. I would definitely work there again given the opportunity. I started in the shop as a shop hand and after just a month was promoted to Dispatcher. Dispatchers duties are as follows, taking orders over the phone or via Email. Getting jobs together and ready for shipment. Shipping and receiving. Forklift and overhead crane operating. Keeping up with and maintaining inventory. Whether it be by getting tools reworked by machinists or ordering stock from other locations. I learned a lot at Stabil Drill about the ins and outs of Bottom hole assemble. Working with customers to make sure they get the correct tool on location on time.
The co-workers there were great, I got along with everyone. Hardest part of the job was the on call weekends, but that's just part of the job. The best part of the job was the guys. We all got along well and cut up and told jokes. Good working environment when everyone gets along.
Pros
Occcasionally vendors would bring in free lunches or Stabil Drill would do cookouts
Cons
On Call Weekens
Long Time Career
laborer (Former Employee) –  Broussard Landing, LAMay 23, 2016
Great place to work, and I enjoy it fhuwefwefi3qjwefgwe8fwfwbguflwBIWLRGWYRFWEIYRKWGBRIwlgewyiirgfw3yifwebyrf ufhweurfwerfwegegi3w
forklift
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 15, 2015
its always work everyday from when u start tell you finished a lot of teammates but the teamleads are ok on some days just got to keep working u will be fine
Work environment was family oriented.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 4, 2015
Work environment was like "family" and everyone enjoyed working here. It was fun to go to work and it was a productive day.
machinist real good for a entry level person to learn oilfield
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAApril 20, 2015
prep to cut connections by measuring ds1 api connections to cut n turn outside diameter learned how to run manual lathe the management is horrible coworkers are great
Pros
made real good money
Cons
not family based company
work ethic
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKApril 6, 2015
this company is good for a small company that has close group people and small task list you have very limited things that you have to worry about management at floor level will take good care of you
Pros
relaxed management
Cons
may have hours cut
A family Company
Forklift operator, Welder helper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TxJuly 28, 2015
I loved working there I didn't like the transfer I made to the sister Company Warrior Energy Services. I was with Stabil Drill for 2 1/2 years and loved every day of it.
nice place want to learn oil field
Shop hand (Former Employee) –  casper, wyomingOctober 14, 2014
load and load trucks with drilling tools for oil field. management in improvement co-workers nice to work with looking for tools in winter outside was rough learning about oil field was great
Pros
good health care learning oil field
Cons
cold in winter being outside
great people to work with and benefits were great
Welder (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 6, 2015
We would get to work at 6a.m. heating tool up to be worked on. Then prep the station we will be working at, once the tool has been heated to desired temp I would begin the welding process that the work order calls for. The co-workers are amazing its like a family they show love n respect to everybody. The hardest part of the job would b getting started early in the morning, having to adjust to the weather and all that. The most enjoyable part would be working with those guys and also payday.
It is a good company to work for.
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 1, 2015
Stabil Drill is a company that respects it's workers and treats them like they are valuable and essential. I enjoyed my job there a great deal. I had a wide variety of tasks to accomplish and each one was worth doing.
Pros
The job is challenging yet fun.
Cons
The price of oil cost me my job.
great workplace
Private Baseball Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 20, 2014
Learned to work and sell in a great business setting. The management staff helped us learn things that normal employees would not need to know. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was learning on the go and having a great time doing it.
Stabil Drill
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 7, 2014
My day would start at about 3:00pm. I would get to work and that was the most busiest hour of the day. I would start loading and unloading trucks. Then after I had got all the trucks out of the yard then I start to sort through the tools that had came back from the oilfield. The ones that were used went to inspection and the ones that were not used went back on the racks by sizes. I would sometimes finsh about three in the morning so I would and help paint, or grind tools that needed to be finshed. The worst part of the job was staying up so late and by the time you got home the sun was shinning in your window.
Get place to work.
Corporate Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2013
Great company should have never left. Management great to work with. Trusted my judgement and was very successful with late customer base of 218 customers.
Awesome Job
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2013
I worked here for a good while. The staff was nice and well mannered. Great experience.
Pros
fast advancement
Cons
shift changes
Productive work environment
shop hand (Current Employee) –  Midland TXNovember 8, 2012
Enjoyable work environment, no opportunity in wage increase
Pros
coworkers were willing to help
Cons
management
Introduction To Oilfeild and Manufacturing
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING/MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Broussard,LANovember 13, 2012
In charge of making sure all orders for night crew where pulled, labeled, and met all specifacations requested by customer before pickup.
Pros
work during college, oilfeild experience
Cons
night work
ok
Shop Hand/Help (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 7, 2014
pretty ok
co workers were weird
typical day at work
summers are hot and winters are cold

4.4