St. Michael’s Health Group is seeking a full-time (38.75 hrs/wk) professional to help coordinate fund raising activities and special events.
Located in Edmonton, the Coordinator is responsible for assisting with fund raising campaigns, grant-writing, special events and donor management to support St. Michael’s Health Group. Reporting directly to the Director, Fund Development and Communications, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching potential granting agencies/sources locally, regionally, nationally and internationally and completing their applications;
- Participating in the development and implementation of fundraising events across the corporation;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new and existing fundraising campaigns;
- Working with donor database management software, donor profiles, donor histories, contact management and gift follow-up;
- Assisting in the maintenance of the annual donor wall, as well as other recognition strategies;
- Liaising with the media and other members of the community to develop mutually beneficial relationships with community businesses and other non-profit groups;
- Assisting in the preparation of media communications including the development of news releases, public service announcements, promotional articles about St. Michaels’, media kits, and other communication tools as they pertain to fundraising and public relations of the organization
- Maintaining a comprehensive and up-to-date database of resident and client consent forms
Qualifications: The ideal candidate has prior experience in fund development with a non-profit organization, demonstrated leadership and personal integrity and has the ability to build strong relationships. Candidate must be a quick learner with the ability to manage multiple projects, demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills, has creativity and initiative and be a self-starter. Courses in Fund Development and marketing are preferred. Strong computer skills, including high proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe In-Design and use of donor database software such as @Ease are desirable.
Compensation: St. Michael’s offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Please forward résumé stating salary expectation to:
St. Michael’s Health Group
7404 - 139 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5C 3H7
Phone: (780) 472-4521
Fax: (780) 472-4516
Visit our website at www.smhg.ca
St. Michael's Health Group is a healthcare organization that provides long term care, supportive housing, programs and services to the...