St. Thomas University

St. Thomas University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The best student job
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Miami Gardens, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: tuition discount
Cons: schedule
I love this job, every body was nice. I learned so much about books and citations.
Fun place to work at while it lasted :)
Admissions Processor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: the time off we were given while still getting paid.
Cons: compensation.
A typical day at work, menat getting everything done, but having fun at the same time.

I learned not to take my job so lightly and not be absent so much.

The management was easy-going, but a bit rude.

My co-workers were nice, but it was genuine. I determined that later on down the road.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with frustrated students – more... who didn't understand the admissions process.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the time off we had. It's a school so it was closed on Major Holidays and many other occasions and it was still paid.

Haven't come across another job like that one :( – less
A big university with lots of opportunities to learn.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 28, 2014
Working in the office and helping filing and documenting.
The most enjoyable learning new things. The worst was no chance for promotions.
Very Fun working environment.
Admissions Office(Clerical Work) (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 11, 2013
Had to type labels for packages to be sent out to students. Answer phone calls from undergrad students and get their information to send them information about the college. Was fun working for the college that I was attending. Worked in the Admissions Office. Mr. Perry was a great man to work for. He done a lot for me while I was there. Co-workers were – more... fun to work around, and that was my most enjoyable part of the job! Also tour some students around campus. – less
Empowering and Productive
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Miami FloridaSeptember 21, 2013
A typical day for me is to prepare and present those concepts and theories that answer the objectives for the week and create those opportunities or projects that will allow me to share my leadership experiences with adult learners who are seeking a Masters in Health Service Administration or Business Administration degrees. I have taught over 30 different – more... subject areas, mostly focusing on financial management, quality and outcome analysis, and organizational leadership behavior of health care organizations. My experiences as a leader in healthcare is always incorporated.

I learn a great deal of information by empowering others to share their experiences and knowledge of their current work industry, ethical ,and view of current world issues, especially regarding health care.

Management with great leadership practices are key in the workplace for me. Opportunities for growth and development is in the forefront of such leadership practices. This encourages excellence and commitment.

My co-workers and I are engaged and believe in excellence and therefore continue to build on those skills or performance measures that will promote the best outcomes for others.

The hardest part of the job is making sure that I am able to reach all learning styles, cultures, and needs by reviewing their goals, reading, researching, preparing the right Powerpoint presentations and creating the right project to ensure comprehension and application of concepts immediately in the workplace.

The most enjoyable part of the job is observing how well students are able to apply discussed concepts, experiences and knowledge to address real healthcare issues. – less
I was a very good learning environment
Internship (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: very friendly work environment
Cons: it was only and internship so i couldn't stay longer
I spent very little time here, but I got to see what college life could be like. I was responsible for putting up job openings on the schools web site for the students. I also did a lot of filing. I didn't work with to many other people except for my supervisor but she was very pleasant and informative.
Easy going
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami Gardens, FLMarch 15, 2013
Good place to work and attend school all at the same time. You can make your own schedule so you are able to get your studies in.
STU
Assistant Director /Budget Officer (Former Employee), 16401 NW 37 AvenueJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: no leadership
A typical day would be hectic and very different from my previous positions. Leaned alot and wish to continue learning. Co-workers are olay nothing to talk about. Cafeteria not the safest.
Everday was something different
Director of Students and Housing (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: working with students.
Cons: working in the residence halls meant many nights of not sleeping
Responsible maintaining the residence halls on campus. Preparing budget for facilities, repairs, purchase of new equipment, hiring of staff. Also trained and supervised the staff. Adjudicated all campus discipline.
Workstudy
Work Study Tele-counselor (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 23, 2012
this was a great workstudy position that i held in the admissions department at my university. it taught me about office management and great customer service both on and off the phone
calm
Library (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 2, 2012
Pros: helping students and staff with any of there problems
Cons: n/a
Well manner. learn alot about different cultures everyday. managment is very nice. co- worker are very well dress and people person, hardest part of job is stocking books. most enjoybalbe part of the job is managing students and staff accountings, troubleshooting
Great environment awsome place to grow as a professional
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Miami Gardens, FLMarch 10, 2012
Pros: awesome benefits, free tuition for employees and depenedents
Cons: its hard to advance in the company or get promoted
STU offers a great benefit package, job security and encourages employees to advance in their education. The company is understanding with employees concerns and issues, the company creates a sence of familiarity among employees and students.