St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very interesting place to work and I've learned a lot about the hospital process.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: Staff and management very supportive.
Cons: No guaranteed amount of work hours.
I has been a huge learning curve learning about the hospital procedures. Every one here is really nice and supportive. I have enjoyed the challenge of learning a new job and I am happy to have this experience. Unfortunately, at this time there is not any room for me to advance to a full time position due to the number of qualified staff with more seniority.
Management focused
Nurse (Current Employee), dirrect careMarch 14, 2015
Pros: small community, close to work, good wage
Cons: no staff support, eap terrible, staff very catty, gossipy and not supportive, managers not staff supportive
Have worked here for 10 years and have had 6 managers therefore impossible for continuity of departmental issues. Hospital wants people work no matter if sick due to there strict sick policy. Employees are interviewed and harassed when using sick and/or Emergency days that are part of our benefits and rights as employees.
Our department has issues retaining staff due to management and difficult staff. Staff not supportive of each other.
Management heavy workplace
RN (Current Employee), St ThomasNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great patient population
Cons: see above
As title states, management heavy(not only their weight) who spend most of their time in meetings followed by chatting in the halls with their Tim Hortons coffee. This facilities' PRIMARY objective is to push the blessed FOUNDATION to raise money for the "Hospital" which is then allocated to interests of MANAGEMENT not "patient focus" as they use a regular buzzwords. Get on the inside track and you too can enjoy the "Free Ride", if not, be prepared to work your butt off!
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits and high wages.
Cons: working nights sometimes.
I enjoy working at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital. I do sterile and non-sterile compounding. I also do order entry and deal with narcotics. Order entry was a part of my job as well.
Professional Learning Environment
Contract - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONMay 12, 2013
Pros: supportive employer on all levels
Cons: compete with "part-time" nurses for administrative roles.
Fast paced, multitasking, time sensitive work day.
Learned to fine tune work skills to support a variety of Managers.
Management was very supportive with training and resources.
Co-workers were supportive in sharing knowledge.
Hardest part of job was working in a confined office space.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the Managers and Staff. I was able to utilize all my previous office skills and newly acquired job skills from my recent college course.