St. Paul Travelers

St. Paul Travelers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced environment with a great staff that helps keep me motivated
Unit Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJune 5, 2014
I enjoy coaching and developning my staff. That is the most rewarding part of my job! Making them more successful in their role which ultimately makes the organization more successful is always a highlight.
company great, oppurtunities abound
Claim Adjuster / Administrative Asst / Claim Spec (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2014
LONG and BUSY
immediate management terrible
had to learn claim adjusting on my own...sink or swim
Best job I ever had
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
All ways different.
How to run a mail and supply room.Being a Facilities Coordinator learned a lot about telecommunications work.
Great management.
Great co-workers.
Leaving everyday.
Coming back to work the next day.
gained experience but negativity won over
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: big brother
Call Center
Very numbers driven
The culture is awesome if it was followed through
penalizing workers for doing their job because everything is scheduled right down to bathroom breaks
Fast paced
Insurance Sales- Personal Property and Auto (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: down sized our office
At Travelers we handled all of your personal home and auto insurance needs. I spent most of my day getting information from the client to build a quote based on the type of insurance they needed. I was licensed in multiple states and was able to quote and sale in each those states.

I found out from working for Travelers that most people are not insured – more... to the correct amount on both their home and auto policies. It made me up mine from the state minimums.

The hardest part of the job was when it would come to educating people on the need to up their coverages and getting them to understand why this is important. Most people feel that they have had the same coverage for 20 plus years and why change now. After a little bit of explanation they would eventually understand and see that I was correct. Having them understand and obtain the correct coverage ended up making the hardest part in to a rewarding part. Just knowing they had what they needed to cover them. – less
Intense desk job
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary
Cons: very corporate, rigid, productivity
Work in a cubicle all day, can miss patient contact, nice co-workers.
Great Company to work for
Operations Specialist- Claims (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 19, 2014
Claim support for Workers Compensation, Auto Liability, Auto Damage, First Party Medical and Total Loss. Love the people I work with. I've learned so much working in Claim Operations.
Friendly Atmosphere , good life/work balance, excellent technology
Senior Technology Team Lead (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 16, 2014
Pros: technology/work atomoshpere/benefits
Cons: increases very poor to none, bad management
Working directly with Business, Co-workers were excellent to work with. Advancement to new technology was very hard to get involved withl
Get place to work. Very stable job
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Melville, NYMay 16, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: once your in insurance, your stuck
I love my time there. The only reason why I left was because i am looking for something out side of the insurance field
Fast paced driven to perform company
Senior Risk Control Consultant (Current Employee), Centerton, ARMay 8, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: micro manages your work
Travelers is in my mind the premier insurer of choice for contractors. They are selective about who they insure and then professional in their consulting efforts for the benefit of the client.
Nice working environment
Property Adjuster (Former Employee), Melville, NYMay 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough time off
Good Management, and good co-workers. Company seems to care about their employees.
fun and fast paced
Operations specialist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: fast paced and always had something to do. there was not a dull moment
Cons: the relationship between the adjusters and their team assistants were not that tight knit
A typical day of work consisted of: reviewing emails, completing and setting diaries for specific adjusters, sending off benefit notices, calculating payments, requesting medical records, setting appointments, documenting and scanning, faxing, creating stipulations and compromise and release packages, contacting COBC and WCIRB, and various team meetings

I – more... learned how to work well with others and in a fast paced supportive team environment.

Management was always helpful and would stop at nothing to give advice and help out when needed.

The hardest part this job was having to cover overload work from sister offices

the most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. they always rose to the opportunity to help one another out. – less
Lots of travel and seeing new processes and product manufacturing.
Senior Risk Control Consultant (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: good in house training and information availability, good mileage and good comradery between the consultants.
Cons: length of report and short timeline to complete it.
A typical day at work would include contacting policyholders to schedule a visit. Then travel to multiple policyholders each day to observe their operations and make recommendations to help the policyholder prevent losses. I learned how many products are manufactured, different company cultures and loss prevention efforts.The hardest part of the job – more... was coordinating multiple policyholders to meet on the same day at times that are good for them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the communication between Risk Control, underwriters and claims when preparing to do a visit or to discuss the visit afterward. – less
Loved my 7 years with Travelers!
Claim Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: felt fortunate to have had the experience
Cons: no cons for me
There were no typical days. Each day provided an enjoyable challenge.
From management to co-workers made Travelers feel like my second family.
The hardest part as well the most enjoyable was the constant work. The day was over before I knew it.
Fun to work with
Java Developer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 22, 2014
• Responsible for development of the application using Struts framework, Java Web Services Restful Services (JAX – RS) as Business layer, SQL at the model and Hibernate ORM tool in the data access layer.
Auto Field Appraiser
Auto Field Appraiser (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2014
Field Appraiser for seven years covering primarily central Indiana.
Also assisted with claims in Michigan, Ohio and Kentucky along with CAT duty.

Completed damage estimates, supplements along with total loss evaluations and disposal of salvage.

Additional duties included accident scene investigations and investigative support to adjusters, bodily – more... injury

representatives and fraud investigation.

I was one of eight top performing Indiana appraisers recognized as the best team in the region for overall quality of

estimates, productivity and customer care service. – less
Great opportunity for advancement
Account Executive (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2014
Travelers Insurance provides their employees with a great opportunity to advance their career.
great work environment
Customer Claims Representative (Current Employee), Houston TxApril 8, 2014
take first last for claim professionals. Isssued billing info to agents and customers who wanted one time payents and assisted agents with billing problems. accepted over the phone payments
Enjoyed the challenging work and its variety.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 7, 2014
Pros: work varied and challenging
Cons: some pettiness among staff
I worked at Travelers for 21 years. The work changed as technology changed over the years. I enjoyed the work very much. Downsizing the company caused some of the departments to shrink or close. Our department (Risk Control) was closed in TN, with all that work going to Home Office. Since I had enough years I retired when the department closed.
Great Place
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Management is very helpful. Great Mobility and opportunity to grow

About St. Paul Travelers

Running a business is a risk The Travelers Companies will insure. While it does offer personal auto and homeowners insurance, the – Read more