St. Paul Travelers

St. Paul Travelers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Consultant, Business Intelligence Business Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Worked at this company several years and enjoyed most of the years I worked there. Would have liked to retired from this company.
Great company for internship
Strategic Planning & Execution Intern (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 19, 2015
I had a blast.

My team was amazing, nurturing and displayed a family spirit with each other. Personal growth is a must.
Supportive management and great opportunities for advancement.
Good Management
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2015
Working for Travelers as a whole is a wonderful experience. The only thing I would advise is if you are looking to be promoted quickly it will not happen. There is a lot of red tape to go through.
to much balony
Support specialist (Former Employee), inside the buildingAugust 11, 2015
Something is wrong there. I choose to find a job I liked more. Management was way off . We had to bring paper towels in to the kitchen to wear jeans on Friday. They were too cheap to buy paper towels for the kitchen! That should sum things up.
Good company with moderate benefits
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYAugust 5, 2015
Work environment is positive, but most positions within the company (excluding management) are repetitive and tedious. Everything is measured and calculated to determine your advancement. Time utilization is closely monitored. Not a company for everyone, but there are some positive things such as generous PTO, full benefits and good flexibility for time off when requested.
Good Place to work
Analyst - Corporate Finance (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 25, 2015
Very good place to work, offers lots of opportunity. decent work life balance Not the best area to work in, Hartford doesn't offer much in the form of lifestyle
This was a very good company to work for and would probably still be there if I had not been laid off due to decrease in claims in assigned area
Claim Representative/Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Leland, MSJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Working mostly independantly out of my house
Cons: On call 7 days a week
I was a insurance claims adjuster and handled multi line claims with specialty on investigating, evaluating, negotiating and settling bodily injury claims.
Each day was different depending on new claims. I never new if I would be in office or in the field each day. I negotiated claims with attorneys and claimants each day and would review insurance policies, determine coverage, issue any denial or coverage issue letters and issue settlement payments. I did all the clerical duties myself as I worked out of my house.
The hardest part of job would to have set up 5-10 appointments in the field and then when I was meeting with someone I would get another claim and required to make contact within an hour.
I would assist other claim representatives with legal and claims evaluation.
We had a good group of employees and supervisors. I was laid off after 26 years, and 2 company mergers, as were most of my co-employees I worked with all these years.
great place to work
Work WC Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2015
I have been working for travelers for 5 years. Good company, with great value. Career advancement will depend on which department you work in, and who you know. Ultimately if you have good results, you will be advanced.
Great Compensation
Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: work environment, very micromanage
Great benefits, however there is ALOT OF micromanaging.... Pays very well however, you will most definitely work for every dollar the second you arrive up until departure. Working under pressure is a must, you either sink or swim.
fun place to meet people
Sales Counselor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: training program, people
Cons: sales
If you like sales it was a great opportunity. Also you have the available to make good money. Plus they put you through a great training program. But if you don't like sales then this probably isn't the job for you.
It's a paycheck, not a rewarding career
Claim (Current Employee), NortheastJune 16, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Miserable place to be
Extremely limited chance of advancement. Some have been here for decades and still have no chance of being anything other than an "individual contributor". The company just moves existing managers around instead of promoting anyone. Layoffs, layoffs, as more and more work is outsourced, either offshore or to other vendors/locations. Morale is in the toilet. Leadership doesn't care as long as the cogs keep turning - and that's all you will be - a cog in the machine. Only thing keeping me here is the money & benefits. Honestly, I hate going to work every day.
Awesome Company
Claim Manager (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Training, Experience Management
Cons: Huge Workload
Great benefits, extensive training, integrity, honest, and focused on building top talent. Offers bonuses, stock options, and competitive pay increases. A great pool of talented, very smart employees. Travelers is always looking for ways to do things better. A great place to retire.
Productive workplace
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, thorough orientation program, good location
Cons: No breaks, high stress level to produce high results, high case inventory
Flexible hours are available with Managerial approval.
High case inventory > 60 files
Weekly /monthly Manager case reviews
Professional standards are upheld
Expected excellent case management and UR management
Pleasant physical environment

Continuing education onsite
Diversity, Customer Service Driven
claims professional (Current Employee), houston texasJune 4, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great co-workers, fun professional environment
Cons: workplace / life balance
Management has a phenomenal open door policy, Unit managers are always looking for was to encourage employment envelopment. Typical word day is the atmosphere of an inbound callcenter / customer service department handling calls that range from reporting claims, inquiring on status of claims and general information pertaining to policy coverages . The job itself is fairly easy but can become overwhelming during high call volume. Job Work / Life Balance is very limited considering the requirements / commitments needed in order to be successful in claims customer service
I enjoy my job!
Claim Handler (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMay 21, 2015
I really enjoy my job. My only complaint is that they do not currently offer work from home opportunities, which is very unfortunate as many other insurance companies offer this.
Wonderful Job Experience
Account Manager Underwriter (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Short handed
Answer calls to assist with questions or take payments from insured.
Underwrite North Carolina Assigned Risk Workers Comp policies assigned to us by the North Carolina Rate Bureau.
Process changes, cancellations, invoice all within state guide lines.
Working in this department has taught me about workers comp policies.
We had several teams in my department handling many different states. I am a team player and work very well with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is being short handed.
I love the customer service and investigative work that I perform.
Good company
Claims Support Specialist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMay 6, 2015
This is a great job if you are ready to move up in a company. The people are great, management is great. Hardest part of the job.
Claim Adjuster
Claim Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 27, 2015
If you like a challenge, then this is the job for you. The workload is dependant on the weather. Pray for good weather. Other than that, you make your own schedule.
Would not recommend
Commercial Transportation Claim Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2015
Enjoyable co-workers, poor management, excellent training and continuing education. This would not be a company I would invest a life long career at.
Organized, Not honest or open
Collector for RMS an IQOR Company (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 22, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: No benefts
A typical day at RMS was busy, I have learned no matter how hard you tried and how well you thought you were doing if you were not liked it sucked.
There are not any words to describe my manager, upper management Ill rate as A, my co-workers were fantastic but had different levels of knowledge so the buddy system training they offered could use re-thinking of a better system when it came to training,The hardest part of the job was calculating the premium with an audit it always had to be precise to the penny.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the clients and the challenge.

1 2 3 4 5

About St. Paul Travelers

Running a business is a risk The Travelers Companies will insure. While it does offer personal auto and homeowners insurance, the – Read more