St. Paul Travelers

St. Paul Travelers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Team Leader - Surety Collections
Supervisor-Collections (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2015
This company is no longer in business.

At the time I was with them I worked in Surety Collections in the accounting department, first as a Sr. Collections Analyst and then as a Team leader.

This was a very great company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
AGENCY UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), Houston TexasFebruary 9, 2015
A great place to work at with plenty of opportunities open to grow within the company. Training was always well done and staff and management were easy to work with. There was always a positive atmosphere.
Travelers
Account Executive (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day consisted of reviewing applications and quoting coverage's for Technology risks. I learned the workings of many different types of Technology companies.
Steady, Stable and a great place to work
SAP FI/CO Consultant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 1, 2015
Travelers is a great place with talented people and good work. customer and investor focused. Good work environment, compensation and work life balance.
Family Oriented!
Account Management Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 28, 2015
A day never went by when I didn't feel as if I was surrounded by family!
Productive and enjoyable work place
Business Insurance Marketing Assistant (contract) (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: downtown
Cons: parking downtown is very expensive.
The fellow employees were great, there were a lot of employee events and opportunities to do community volunteering with various groups. Opportunities for professional development.
Productive and Fun Place to work.
Business Analyst (contract position) (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Highly energized environment at a fast pace. Really brings the best out of you. Good team work and knowledgeable colleagues. Work environment healthy. Good, efficient, and friendly management team. Though demanding tasks with deadlines working was enjoyable and not stressful.
Left years ago and people are still having issues there
Auto Damage Appraiser (Former Employee), Richardson TxDecember 23, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: job security
Management is ran by the good old boy system or buddy buddy. In order for you to advance or even keep your job, you must associate yourself with certain people.
Forget about a personal life or home life. You will be overworked and burned out.
Good place to gain Case Management experience
RN Medical Case Manager (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CADecember 21, 2014
Very busy and productive work environment. Good teamwork.
A sales company, with no one from a sales culture.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 15, 2014
Pros: base salary was acceptable.
Cons: the cons are clearly noted in the review.
The notion of work/life balance was kind of humorous at Travelers. Few, if any of my fellow Sales Execs ever felt like we were paying the proper attention to our families simply because the company jumps from on panicked initiative to another, never really ending one, just stacking more on top. What was the end all, be all focus during our usual scrambling mid year meetings, became just another 'priority' as they would heap more on us month in and month out.

Management is all about product, and rarely employs people from a sales culture. Sadly, when your clients are all about the sales culture and you have little expertise in management, you fail to generate much enthusiasm or trust.

Bonuses, which I'd always earned at other companies, were usually tangled into so many qualifiers, field execs could rarely meet those requirements. In the 4 years I was with them, our region only paid 2 or 3 Sales Execs, and those bonuses amounted to less than $4,000. By contrast, previous employers had been paying out $15,000-40,000.
Coordinator
University Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 15, 2014
I was responsible for coordinating all recruiting efforts. This was a great company to work for.
I went there to get my work done.
Claims Support Specialist (Former Employee), Middleboro, MADecember 3, 2014
I enjoy working with the people. You always had a lot to get done. Where there is a will there is a way to get is done.
fun workplace
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MINovember 19, 2014
Pros: not enough help
Cons: benefits
great company to work for. excellent training and great dealing with customers. a valuable work experience. company closed in det, mi where I was working otherwise I still would have been there
Their Initial Treatment of the Employee Made Me Quickly Fiercely Loyal
Training (Former Employee), WashingtonNovember 18, 2014
On the whole, the organization is the most amazing place to work for. Excellent advancement opportunities. However two things make it a major risk if consider working there. Firstly, unless you are in a home office role (Hartford, CT or St Paul, MN) your overall experience is almost ENTIRELY dependent upon the quality of your manager. Not all managers at Travelers are worth anything. Some are downright horrible and their employees suffer. I was fortunate to have the most amazing manager so my experience was amazing on the whole. Secondly, and more gravely concerning, the company, like most large 40k+ employee Fortune 100 or 500 companies, are beginning to value efficiency and machine like consistency from their employees that they feel can only be achieved, cost effective anyhow, by outsourcing, new automation, or more rigorous "best practices... thus eliminating the value on the human element of the jobs. My opinion is that the human element, not completely consistent ever due to the fact that we are humans, is the most critical element that separates out the men from the "trained monkeys." Our ability to adjust and adapt to ever changing circumstances and make nuanced and thoughtful decisions that best cater to our end customer whomever that may be is the single most critical element we can contribute and taking the freedom to adjust on a case by case basis away from the employees cripples them, demoralizes them and takes away their self worth and relegates them to the same level as machines and/or trained animals. Travelers, like many large corporations today, has succumbed to this temptation and this "disease" is running rampant through the entire enterprise.
Good Challenge
General Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2014
I would work here for my entire career. It is wonderful company.
Great Experience
Econometrics and All Lines Analytics Intern (Former Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 4, 2014
As an intern, I felt very welcomed by everyone who worked there. Everyone was friendly and always willing to help you out when they can.
Stable company, continued financial growth
Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PANovember 4, 2014
Pros: financially stable company
Cons: very conservative company, makes employee retention difficult at times
Travelers is a very stable company and continues to grow financially. We are all focused on the bottom line and to increase value for shareholders.
For Travelers, I worked as a claims auditor.
Claims auditor (Former Employee), Matteson, ILOctober 31, 2014
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
I enjoyed worked at Travelers as a claims auditor and giving reports to the trainers so that the trainers can update all of the processors or help in training.
Travelers Insruance
Manager Diane Nichols (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
positive work environment, multi lines investigations completed.
Great compensation/Benefits
Claims Dispatcher (Former Employee), Naperville, ILOctober 23, 2014
I thought this was a good place to work but I didn't see any room for growth.

1 2 3 4 5

About St. Paul Travelers

Running a business is a risk The Travelers Companies will insure. While it does offer personal auto and homeowners insurance, the – Read more