St. Paul Travelers

St. Paul Travelers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Would not recommend
Commercial Transportation Claim Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2015
Enjoyable co-workers, poor management, excellent training and continuing education. This would not be a company I would invest a life long career at.
Organized, Not honest or open
Collector for RMS an IQOR Company (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 22, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: No benefts
A typical day at RMS was busy, I have learned no matter how hard you tried and how well you thought you were doing if you were not liked it sucked.
There are not any words to describe my manager, upper management Ill rate as A, my co-workers were fantastic but had different levels of knowledge so the buddy system training they offered could use re-thinking of a better system when it came to training,The hardest part of the job was calculating the premium with an audit it always had to be precise to the penny.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the clients and the challenge.
There are worse places
Claim Professional (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: unreasonable expectations, no work/life balance
The company pays well but there is no work/life balance. Lots of room for opportunity if you perform.

They aren't rigid about when you come and as long as you arent hourly. However, you are expected to work until your job is done. Being that everyone has enough work for 2 there are a lot of early mornings, late nights and weekends. This additional time isn't to get caught up on everything but rather to stay above water.

If you make a mistake - depending on who is watching will decide your fate as to whther you'll be shunned for life or if it'll be forgotten tomorrow.

Overall - it's a good place to learn the business and it pays well but you can't stay (in claim) long term.
Very first job in health insurance industry and was very well trained along with others that had not experience in that field.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Very good training program
Cons: The Grand Rapids Office Soon Closed Within 5 years after it opened.
Received extensive training on basics of payment of claims. Became familiar with ICD9 codes CPT4 codes, 1500 claim forms along with all other forms of referrals, certifications, coordination of benefits. etc:

Medical terminology was trained.
Don't work here unless you want to watch your job go to India.
Business Analyst Level (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 6, 2015
Don't work here unless you want to watch your job go to India. Ten managers to every employee. Other than that it is a fine company to work for.
great pay/benefits but little room for growth
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), new yorkApril 1, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, peers
Cons: no room for growth/movement, empty promises
Travelers has an excellent benefits package including a handsome salary and time off package. This has allowed me to be flexible with my family time. The environment however, is very stressful and negative. Everyday is a battle between doing the right thing and giving people what they want. There are often very angry customers that you have to deal with. Once in while there is someone that is grateful for the service you provide and that is rewarding, but that is few and far between. There is little room for growth and/or movement. Management is hard to find most of the time therefore they are little help. We rely on our peers to get our questions answered.
Great pay. Great benefits. Unbearable bureaucracy.
Underwriter (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2015
For the most part, the job is fun and enjoyable... as long as management does not intervene with your daily work flow.

The training has plenty of room for improvement.
Friendly, respectful and fun place to work
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits and job culture
Overall, my experience at Travelers was good. Management and my co-workers were easy to get a long with and were always very helpful, no matter the situation. I learned a lot, both about my job and myself. I gained a good understanding of how different business units work together and how a company as large as Travelers stays organized and functional. The hardest part of my job would have been learning all of the different in's and out's of insurance. That being said, Travelers had a great training program for all new hires, so once I completed the training I was fully prepared to do my job at a high level. The most enjoyable part of my job would have been working with people who truly cared about me and were easy to get a long with. Also, my managers really gave me the tools to advance professionally by giving my jobs and projects that allowed me to learn and be challenged.
Great Company
Sales- Personal Lines (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great company
Travelers is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The management, wages, available work shifts and too many more benefits to speak of.
Challenging and interesting work with excellent colleagues
Medical Unit Manager (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: daycare, health club, cafeteria onsite, company choir, time off for volunteer work.
Cons: onsite parking is limited.
Collaboration and teamwork are necessary when working in claims and the culture at Travelers reflects that value. The work is challenging and the colleagial atmosphere enhances our ability to provide optimal claim outcomes.
Team Leader - Surety Collections
Supervisor-Collections (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2015
This company is no longer in business.

At the time I was with them I worked in Surety Collections in the accounting department, first as a Sr. Collections Analyst and then as a Team leader.

This was a very great company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
AGENCY UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), Houston TexasFebruary 9, 2015
A great place to work at with plenty of opportunities open to grow within the company. Training was always well done and staff and management were easy to work with. There was always a positive atmosphere.
Travelers
Account Executive (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day consisted of reviewing applications and quoting coverage's for Technology risks. I learned the workings of many different types of Technology companies.
Steady, Stable and a great place to work
SAP FI/CO Consultant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 1, 2015
Travelers is a great place with talented people and good work. customer and investor focused. Good work environment, compensation and work life balance.
Family Oriented!
Account Management Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 28, 2015
A day never went by when I didn't feel as if I was surrounded by family!
Productive and enjoyable work place
Business Insurance Marketing Assistant (contract) (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: downtown
Cons: parking downtown is very expensive.
The fellow employees were great, there were a lot of employee events and opportunities to do community volunteering with various groups. Opportunities for professional development.
Productive and Fun Place to work.
Business Analyst (contract position) (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Highly energized environment at a fast pace. Really brings the best out of you. Good team work and knowledgeable colleagues. Work environment healthy. Good, efficient, and friendly management team. Though demanding tasks with deadlines working was enjoyable and not stressful.
Left years ago and people are still having issues there
Auto Damage Appraiser (Former Employee), Richardson TxDecember 23, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: job security
Management is ran by the good old boy system or buddy buddy. In order for you to advance or even keep your job, you must associate yourself with certain people.
Forget about a personal life or home life. You will be overworked and burned out.
Good place to gain Case Management experience
RN Medical Case Manager (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CADecember 21, 2014
Very busy and productive work environment. Good teamwork.
A sales company, with no one from a sales culture.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 15, 2014
Pros: base salary was acceptable.
Cons: the cons are clearly noted in the review.
The notion of work/life balance was kind of humorous at Travelers. Few, if any of my fellow Sales Execs ever felt like we were paying the proper attention to our families simply because the company jumps from on panicked initiative to another, never really ending one, just stacking more on top. What was the end all, be all focus during our usual scrambling mid year meetings, became just another 'priority' as they would heap more on us month in and month out.

Management is all about product, and rarely employs people from a sales culture. Sadly, when your clients are all about the sales culture and you have little expertise in management, you fail to generate much enthusiasm or trust.

Bonuses, which I'd always earned at other companies, were usually tangled into so many qualifiers, field execs could rarely meet those requirements. In the 4 years I was with them, our region only paid 2 or 3 Sales Execs, and those bonuses amounted to less than $4,000. By contrast, previous employers had been paying out $15,000-40,000.

1 2 3 4 5

About St. Paul Travelers

Running a business is a risk The Travelers Companies will insure. While it does offer personal auto and homeowners insurance, the – Read more