St. Paul Travelers

St. Paul Travelers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Medical Malpractice Firm
Temp Secretary (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
The was a Medical Malpractice Firm. Was not there very long.
Very good company to work for.
Inside Property Claims Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2014
Provided superior customer service by handling inquiries and requests via telephone and correspondence to satisfy customer needs and ensure file quality. Completed all inspections or note the loss including accurate scope of damages & written estimates saving over $100,000 in annual losses.
I would avoid this company if possible
Total Loss Adjustor (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: no breaks, work through lunch, mandated overtime, lack of diversity, no support from management
In the area, for insurance companies the pay is slightly more- but I assure you it is definitely not worth it. The work varies and when a catastrophe happens the company is never prepared so the employees have to bend over backwards. Prepare to do lots of overtime or kiss your job goodbye. A gang of employees will be hired at one time and then people – more... just drop off, and the rest are left to pick up the pieces.

Management has no clue what going on and the jobs change often. They love to tell you they don't have a crystal ball, and yet in the next instance the whole workflow changes. Also, they don't respect the years you have put in. Senior employees get laid off left and right, doesn't matter if you were the first or last one hired.

Co-workers and peers are great, BUT the environment is so tense you could expect to hear dramatic whispers and even tears in the bathroom. The employees are all angry and hate it.

Also- if you are ethnic, be prepared. You will not be able to go further and you will be pushed out. Very few remain, there really is very little diversity there.

Be careful who you choose to make a friend- very cutthroat. – less
Difficult job with great benefits
Workers Compensation Claim Handler (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 20, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: difficult to take breaks or get up from your desk
Manage 150 or more claims at a time. You will learn a great deal about time management and how to most efficiently manage your day to get the most important things done. The benefits are wonderful and you get a ton of vacation days. It is a very challenging job and you have to have the right kind of personality to work in claim - especially work comp. – more... The claims stay open for months if not years and it is difficult to feel like you have accomplished anything. It is a good feeling when you finally get to close a claim and have a good outcome. – less
Travelers
First Party Medical Claim Representative (Current Employee), PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, very good training
Cons: lack of job security
Travelers is an excellent company overall. The salary and benefits are outstanding and the training provided is done well. Travelers promises opportunity and growth however, they are constantly omitting job positions or combining several positions into one, thus creating less jobs. For the past several years Travelers has been reducing the number of – more... claims representatives and managers as well. The job itself is desirable. The claims representative position, which requires excellent customer service in a very fast paced environment, is a rewarding job. There are very specific guidelines that the employee must follow and is graded on in order to always improve customer service and overall claims handling. In short, the only downfall of Travelers is that they are downsizing. – less
Fast paced company.
Outside Property Claims Rep (Former Employee), WyomissingJuly 9, 2014
This place was make it or break it on speed and turnaround. Keeping up the pace day over day was very stressful but it could be done.
Not Interesting
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2014
Great job security but not the most interesting place to work. It is good for young people getting experience, but not really well integrated with Hartford headquarters.
Large turnover
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJune 17, 2014
Pros: work from home, benefits.
Cons: job security
Work from home receive claims, call insured, set appt, scope loss and write an estimate of repair. It always feel good to hand a check to a customer for the repair of damages.
Fast paced environment with a great staff that helps keep me motivated
Unit Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJune 5, 2014
I enjoy coaching and developning my staff. That is the most rewarding part of my job! Making them more successful in their role which ultimately makes the organization more successful is always a highlight.
company great, oppurtunities abound
Claim Adjuster / Administrative Asst / Claim Spec (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2014
LONG and BUSY
immediate management terrible
had to learn claim adjusting on my own...sink or swim
Best job I ever had
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
All ways different.
How to run a mail and supply room.Being a Facilities Coordinator learned a lot about telecommunications work.
Great management.
Great co-workers.
Leaving everyday.
Coming back to work the next day.
gained experience but negativity won over
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: big brother
Call Center
Very numbers driven
The culture is awesome if it was followed through
penalizing workers for doing their job because everything is scheduled right down to bathroom breaks
Fast paced
Insurance Sales- Personal Property and Auto (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: down sized our office
At Travelers we handled all of your personal home and auto insurance needs. I spent most of my day getting information from the client to build a quote based on the type of insurance they needed. I was licensed in multiple states and was able to quote and sale in each those states.

I found out from working for Travelers that most people are not insured – more... to the correct amount on both their home and auto policies. It made me up mine from the state minimums.

The hardest part of the job was when it would come to educating people on the need to up their coverages and getting them to understand why this is important. Most people feel that they have had the same coverage for 20 plus years and why change now. After a little bit of explanation they would eventually understand and see that I was correct. Having them understand and obtain the correct coverage ended up making the hardest part in to a rewarding part. Just knowing they had what they needed to cover them. – less
Intense desk job
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary
Cons: very corporate, rigid, productivity
Work in a cubicle all day, can miss patient contact, nice co-workers.
Great Company to work for
Operations Specialist- Claims (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 19, 2014
Claim support for Workers Compensation, Auto Liability, Auto Damage, First Party Medical and Total Loss. Love the people I work with. I've learned so much working in Claim Operations.
Friendly Atmosphere , good life/work balance, excellent technology
Senior Technology Team Lead (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 16, 2014
Pros: technology/work atomoshpere/benefits
Cons: increases very poor to none, bad management
Working directly with Business, Co-workers were excellent to work with. Advancement to new technology was very hard to get involved withl
Get place to work. Very stable job
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Melville, NYMay 16, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: once your in insurance, your stuck
I love my time there. The only reason why I left was because i am looking for something out side of the insurance field
Fast paced driven to perform company
Senior Risk Control Consultant (Current Employee), Centerton, ARMay 8, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: micro manages your work
Travelers is in my mind the premier insurer of choice for contractors. They are selective about who they insure and then professional in their consulting efforts for the benefit of the client.
Nice working environment
Property Adjuster (Former Employee), Melville, NYMay 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough time off
Good Management, and good co-workers. Company seems to care about their employees.
fun and fast paced
Operations specialist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: fast paced and always had something to do. there was not a dull moment
Cons: the relationship between the adjusters and their team assistants were not that tight knit
A typical day of work consisted of: reviewing emails, completing and setting diaries for specific adjusters, sending off benefit notices, calculating payments, requesting medical records, setting appointments, documenting and scanning, faxing, creating stipulations and compromise and release packages, contacting COBC and WCIRB, and various team meetings

I – more... learned how to work well with others and in a fast paced supportive team environment.

Management was always helpful and would stop at nothing to give advice and help out when needed.

The hardest part this job was having to cover overload work from sister offices

the most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. they always rose to the opportunity to help one another out. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About St. Paul Travelers

Running a business is a risk The Travelers Companies will insure. While it does offer personal auto and homeowners insurance, the – Read more