Hours of Work: Part Time, Approx. 20 - 25 hours per week. Must be available for early morning, afternoon and/or late evening shift
Reports to: Community Service Supervisor
Date Posted: March 1, 2013
Application Deadline: March 15, 2013
Responsible for providing safe and reliable transportation to clients of St. Paul’s Centre for medical appointments, Day Programs, shopping, delivery of meals, and other essential purposes.
- Provide driving services to clients attending early or evening medical appointments, Day programs and other activities
- Assist clients to board and exit vehicles and ensure all passengers are safely seated and secure
- Collect and secure service fees
- Work with the service team to ensure services are delivered in timely, caring, and safe manner
- Deliver meals to community clients in a timely manner, visit clients briefly, maintain friendly contacts, and encourage healthy eating and healthy living
- Complete the client safety check form when delivering meals.
- Assist client to open the food package and prepare for eating
- Assist clients to complete meal order forms and submit meal order reports on a weekly basis
- Maintain service records and reports
- Perform other support duties
- High School graduate with OSSD, or equivalent
- Post-secondary diploma in Social Services or equivalent an asset.
Skills & Experience:
- Hold valid Ontario Driver’s License and with good driving record
- F Driver’s License considered an asset
- Knowledge of Ontario Highway Traffic Act
- Work or volunteer experience in social services in multi-cultural communities
- Knowledge and experience working with frail or cognitively impaired seniors
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform accurate filing and record keeping.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good customer service manner and observation skills
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Other languages considered an asset; such as Arabic, Armenian Cantonese, Farsi, Greek Mandarin, Tagalog, Tamil, etc.
- Criminal Reference Check required
- Clean driver’s abstract required
Indeed - 12 months ago
- 5 days ago
Labour Ready, a TrueBlue Company
- 6 days ago
Truck Driver AZ
- 3 days ago
We are a caring, client-focused not for profit organization, dedicated to improving the quality of life of seniors in the communities we...