St. Paul's L'Amoreaux Centre supports healthy aging by providing client-centered housing, programs and services that meet the needs of diverse older adults.
Hours of Work: Part Time, Approx. 20 - 25 hours per week. Must be available for early morning and late evening shifts
Reports to: Community Service Supervisor
Date Posted: November 25, 2013
Application Deadline: December 9, 2013
Respond to: Human Resources Coordinator / Fax: 416-493-3391
Responsible for providing safe and reliable transportation to clients of St. Paul’s Centre for medical appointments, Day Programs, shopping, delivery of meals, and other essential purposes.
- Provide driving services to clients attending early or evening medical appointments, Day programs and other activities
- Assist clients to board and exit vehicles and ensure all passengers are safely seated and secure
- Collect and secure service fees
- Work with the service team to ensure services are delivered in timely, caring, and safe manner
- Deliver meals to community clients in a timely manner, visit clients briefly, maintain friendly contacts, and encourage healthy eating and healthy living
- Complete the client safety check form when delivering meals
- Assist client to open the food package and prepare for eating
- Assist clients to complete meal order forms and submit meal order reports on a weekly basis
- Maintain service records and reports
- Report any service related issues to Transportation & MOW Team Leader
- Provide back up to department staff when absent
- Perform other support duties
- High School graduate with OSSD, or equivalent
- Post-secondary diploma in Social Services or equivalent an asset.
Skills & Experience:
- Hold valid Ontario Driver’s License and with good driving record
- F Driver’s License required
- Knowledge of Ontario Highway Traffic Act
- Work or volunteer experience in social services in multi-cultural communities is preferred
- Experience with transporting older adults to appointments is preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with frail or cognitively impaired seniors
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform accurate filing and record keeping.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good customer service manner and observation skills
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Other languages considered an asset; such as Arabic, Armenian Cantonese, Farsi, Greek Mandarin, Tagalog, Tamil, etc.
- Criminal Reference Check required
- Clean driver’s abstract required
Please submit your application quoting the position you are applying to in the subject title, by Monday, December 9.
No phone calls please. We thank you for your interest in applying to St.Paul’s L’Amoreaux Centre; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 7 months ago
We are a caring, client-focused not for profit organization, dedicated to improving the quality of life of seniors in the communities we...