St. Paul's Hospital Employee Reviews

Work place summary
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 July 2017
Great place to work! We workcare. in teams. Fast paced at times. learned different techmiques of deliverying heath care. I enjoyed people who get to leave satisfied.
Pros
Enjoyment work of working with patients and staff.
Cons
Long hours! But enjoyable.
Good Hospital
Provide an administrative support (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 May 2017
good hospital. very friendly staff and people. it is in a good location in the center of Vancouver Downtown. Needs some work done, but excited to see what the new hospital will be like.
Managers do not stay long difficult to have consistency
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 March 2017
St Paul's Hospital was a good experience for my learning of a new aspect of nursing but management turned over frequently so hard to gain a sense of security
Pros
sekf scheduling
Cons
patient mix and new management frequently
nice staff
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
kind staff

flixible leaders sometime

supportive to staff.

workload sometime brutal, the hardest part of the job.

Management is fair to the staff.
Pros
kind staff
Cons
long hours, expensive parking
Productive workplace where I was able to experience a variety of nursing skills.
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 January 2017
I have worked at St. Paul's Hospital for 15 days for my preceptorship. It was a valuable experience that I could know what my strengths and weak points are. Since I am not originally from Canada, I could also learn Canadian work styles and could see how much they respect patients with different cultures as it is multicultural country. Even nursing career is physically hard job, I enjoyed all the time here because compliments and greeting of thanks from patients made me think that nursing is worthful career and nursing is right for me.
great place to work and learn
Policy Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2016
developed close relationships with some amazingly dedicated professionals. everyone is very busy and very helpful.
Fun place to work with
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2016
Very Productive and fun place to work with since I get to enjoy so many different people to work with. I get to experience so many different people and paitents to work with
Na
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2016
I started in aug 2015 as an casual. worked full time till Dec but on call since jan 2016, and no call. Hopefully they will call me again but I just hate the wait and I'm one of those people who hate sitting home.
Challenging and Supportive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 November 2015
St. Pauls Hospital is challenging because of it's diverse population of patients. On our unit (7th Medicine) we find ourselves looking after seniors suffering from dementia, people suffering from mental illness and substance use disorders and a wide variety of medical problems. I am always happy to go to work because of the incredible teamwork exhibited by my colleagues and by the incredible support and presence of our manager.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
Sometimes understaffed.
Good Office and Good Boss
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 October 2015
I was the office's sole administrative assistant; it was a good job and was very beneficial to me because it allowed me to perfect my customer service, phone, and other communication skills in a high-pressure office with lots of responsibilities.
Pros
Good Office
Cons
Tough Work - Very busy

Want to know more about St. Paul's Hospital?

Ask a question
Very enjoyable job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 September 2015
great place to work, with very hard working people
I learned a great deal about problem solving and patient (customer) care.
Challenging yet rewarding.
Environmental Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 September 2015
A typical day at work would entail being assigned to different areas and units of the hospital; Our duties as an employee was to sanitize, clean patient area, floors, walls, bathrooms.

What i liked the most about my job were the patients that i would meet along the way and was able to make their day brighter with even something as simple as a smile and a hello when cleaning their room.

What i disliked most about this job is all the politics, gossip, and negativity that circulated amongst the employees.
Pros
good benefits and union
Cons
The politics
enjoyed the contact with other staff and patients
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 July 2014
work included cleaning and sanitizing patient's rooms, caring for plants, supplying fresh ice water, changing bedding.
Staff was treated with respect and courtecy.
Since there were mostly women in our department,gossip was common, and i learned not to involve myself.
I have always had a healthy , positive attitude toward any type of work, and like my work.
Pros
working in a clean environment, within working distance from home.
Cons
Being exposed to unkind women's gossip.
My workplace experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2013
I started working at St. Paul's hospital last November 2011. With all the pharmacies that I went through this is the best one I love. I enjoyed very much working with my colleages and I learned so many skills that I didn't learned in the community pharmacies. My coworkers are very good people and very easy to work with. Though sometimes there are few that are sometimes tough but it's just a matter of how you deal with them. The management is so good. So far, they are giving us good benefits. Since I worked in this hospital, I didn't find any hardship in my job and I enjoyed most of the time whatever shift I gonna take each day.
Pros
It is a government hospital with full benefits
Cons
If I can't make my exam to be regulated on 2015, I'll be layed off
Best Place to Work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 February 2013
I have been at St. Paul's Hospital in Saskatoon for 8 years. I have loved every minute of it. The staff is like family. The patients say they can feel and see it. We genuinely care for one another.
The hardest part of the job is watching a patient pass. The best part of the job is watching people walk again, or even just go home.
Pros
family centered
Housekeeping
Housekeeping-AIDS related ward (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2013
Loved working within the hospital environment at St Paul's especially in labor and delivery
Pros
great work expereance
Cons
layed off
Overall I enjoyed working with this company.
Aid & Porter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2012
I enjoyed my work place because management systems was excellent, my co-workers were very co-operative and always willing to teach or explain about the work. Always getting the chance to update or inservice anything related to the work. Sometimes get run out of time to breaks because of busy; may be short of staff or increased patients. Eventhough I enjoyed my working with my co-workers and management.
Best hopitals to volunteer in Vancouver
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 July 2012
Staff at St. Pauls Hospital was very friendly and hard working. Volunteers were treated well and a sense of contribution and appreciation was always there between the staff, patients and the volunteers.
Pros
peace of mind.
Productive and a great learning experience
Booking/Program Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2012
My typical day at work would consist of booking appointments, answering calls, calling patients, filing, creating new charts for patients, faxing, managing loose reports and doing completions.

I learned what I never learned in school, which was how to communicate with patients. I learned of the many different types of people that need professional health care.

My co-workers were all supportive, friendly, and caring towards each others, as well as the patients.

The hardest part of the job was probably the commute. Since I live a little far from the hospital.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the whole learning experience and getting along with my co-workers, as well as the feeling of being able to help others.
Pros
friendly working environment.
Cons
commuting was far.