St. Mary's Hospital

St. Mary's Hospital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good position
Medical Records (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: going up and down stairs almost all day long
Serving charts to various clinics, filing, administrative work
Productive yet laid back fun atmosphere
Master Data Team Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: atmosphere, free lunches and bbq's, cheap vending machines
Cons: location
- Process requests in SAP, SAP maintenance, Manage emails and clients
- I'e learned SAP, better time management, excel
- Coworkers were friendly, everybody did their job and had fun doing it
- Management was more hands off and laid back (as long as you did your job)
- Hardest part of the job was process truck routes because there was so many steps and – more... the smallest mistake can have a huge impact
- Most enjoyable part was processing all the requests for the day within that day and being able to leave early – less
A nice place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee), NJJuly 7, 2014
People are friendly and welcoming. The culture is diverse.
A good place to work
Staff RN Medical/Surgical/General Surgery/Trauma (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJuly 7, 2014
Great coworkers. Administration could focus less on patient satisfaction scores and more adding additional nursing staff.
It is a very fast pace working environment and I have learn a lot.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 2, 2014
I really enjoyed working at this place only is that I would preferred some more challenging.
pet therapy
Pet Therapist (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 1, 2014
I loved working with patients with my dog. I was not paid and volunteered 294 hours in the year I was there.
Staff Nurse
Staff nurse (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 27, 2014
Accept patients directly from surgery. Assess and medicate as necessary. Work directly with doctors, educate families
Wonder O.R. team and management
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2014
I done clinicals at this facility. I enjoyed being here. This place runs like a well oiled machine.
Very good hospital to work for
Medical Record Analyst (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 18, 2014
Pros: small hospital
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited
The employees are very good people to work with and for. The HIM department is very energetic and always changing
great learning enviroment
RNPACU (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hrs no lunch
It was a great place to learn.We had a super trauma group,all the surgeons and neuro intervention Dr;'a were top notch.I love all the people in ancillary depts.,radiology,ct scan,pharmacy.I miss that the most.the best part of the was the patients,families,and teaching.
Productive, fast-paced and good team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJune 14, 2014
Pros: parking is only $1 a day, 401k plan
The unit has a 26 bed capacity. There are normally 5 nurses working, depending on census. Many times I am the charge nurse. I assign nurses patients, make changes if needed as the shift goes on. While in charge I also carry my own patient assignment of 4-6 patients. On a typical day, the unit will admit about 4-8 new post-op patients just on 3-11 shift, – more... which is the shift I work. We also admit new patients from the Emergency Department. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment, manage my time On really busy days, we will admit 10-12 new patients on the 3-11 shift. My co-workers are great. We work very well together as a team. If anyone seems overwhelmed, there is always someone that will help out. The hardest part of the job is trying to give each patient the attention they deserve, while being efficient and managing your time between each patient. Every patient expects that you meet their needs in a timely manner and that can be difficult sometimes. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I love what I do! I love being a nurse and caring for people when they need it most. Also, working on a med-surg unit allows me to care for a variety of patients. – less
wonderful company
Unit secretary (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work/life balance
I worked here for 9 plus years, this is a company that believes in advancement.I started as a Cna and after only being ther for 2 months was asked to train as a unit secretary, also trained as a unit assist , and then trained as a telemetry watcher,this is an excellent company to work for if you want to enhance your skills.
poor review due to management issues and personality conflicts
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 13, 2014
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: management
Enjoy the overall working with patient's however morale is low in this office and management treatas coworkers poorly.
FUN AND PRODUCTIVE
Volunteer (Former Employee), NEW YORK, NYJune 10, 2014
• Interact and corresponded with hospital patients
• Monitors safety of children during activities, Play with patients in playroom, Escort patients to playroom
Loved it here
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJune 10, 2014
I can't complain about this position I enjoyed and learned a great deal here.
Excellent experience
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Centralia, ILMay 29, 2014
A typical day at work at St. Mary's would be to follow up with day shift about anything that might pertain to our shift that evening. Complete any lab draws that come up during the shift and do any send outs to resource labs. Respond quickly to any emergency calls that we should receive. About and hour before shift ends we start wrapping up what paperwork – more... or computer work we may have to do, catch up 3rd shift on what they need to know for their shift. The hardest part of my job is seeing the families and loved ones in the emergency calls. Most people have been in a situation like that so you know exactly how they feel and it's a feeling you wouldn't wish on anyone. – less
Pros and cons in working for St. Marys hospoital
Certified Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 27, 2014
Pros: fairly decent pay and benifets
Cons: management at present
I have been in this job for 20 years. The management at present leaves a lot to be desired. My coworkers for the most part are great. The hardest part of my job at the moment is dealing with all the politics of management. I love the actual work of my job because I am forever learning. We the advancement of medical technology it is so interesting.
Productive Place
Registrar (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYMay 27, 2014
very busy hospital, wonderful coworkers. good hours
very clean , well organized place
Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Athens, GAMay 24, 2014
Pros: i am very competent at my job.
Cons: the pay rate has not changed.
I have just started working for this business. I am continuing to do the same job that I did at the other job that I had previously, which is, Office Administrator.
Productive and fun.
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2014
Pros: everyone was nice with a smile
Cons: missed the patients when they left.
I enjoyed working for SSM. They believe in what they stand for and do for the people. Loving, kind, and very compassionate. I enjoyed living the mission.

1 2 3 4 5