St. Mary's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Hospital to work at!!
Float RN- Intermediate/ CCU/ICU/ER (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 20, 2016
Management and co-workers are awesome. Staff are up beat, willing to help when needed. If I were in the area to work again I wouldn't hesitate to go back here. I left to follow my fiancé to his work as a pharmacist out of state.
Pros
Great people
Not a happy Place
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABJanuary 30, 2016
The staff is great to work with but bullying comes from management and trickles down to a few staff. Even a manager has been bulled into quitting by a staff member,
Pros
Excellent staff and physicians
Cons
Bullying is encouraged from management
good staff good hospital to be a patient in good working experience
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Great hospital to work in.....Management is great. working experience excellent.....a typical working day was form 8 am. till 4pm. or later. We collected blood samples and then analyzed them for irregularities. We would then take the completed test results to the floors where the patients were and return to the lab for more of the same all day. We occasionally were called to take out patient blood samples or run to ER. to perform a phlebotomy and return to analyze this sample immediately for the ER department. We worked most of the day in the lab on blood specimens from out or in patients. There was a lot of microscopic work done on blood samples during the day also. There were many frequent requests to run to a specific floor to obtain a blood sample for an immediate assessment. We also took heel blood samples from the babies in the nursery to make sure they were healthy and if not then many more trips to the nursery for more samples from the infant. But most of the day was spent in the lab working on blood samples for various tests specified by the doctors.
Pros
developed a good work ethic of punctuality accuracy and diligence in test performance
Cons
it was wonderful to see a patients results improve over the course of days or weeks.
It was my stage
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 8, 2015
I was not paid for this as it was part of my school program.
I got the chance to see how the hospital runs, and how a typical day of a doctors life is.

I called patients for their interview, entered their information in the system, I was left alone for an hour in the front desk of the doctors office just to test how ill deal with the incoming patients.

it was a delicate environment to work in as I was working in the neurology department.
Fast paced, limited employee respect
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Suited for a single person. Aked alot from one person, and got minimal help when asked. Very micromanaged. Needed more qualified people for doing the work.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
long hours, limited family time
The actual job I was hired for was Medical Secretary
Pathologie - secrétaire médicale (Former Employee) –  LaboratoriesSeptember 8, 2015
Typically, I would coordinate the "Tumour Conferences" which entailed the presenting of New cancer pts by the oncologists.I Coordinated with pathology, other hospitals + transcription of all reports, letters, stats., purchases for dept. Most difficult part was having to cancel pts' appointments after they were called. Loved doing transcribing of doctors' dictations. Plus I transcribed for 2 other dept. Nephrology, Cardiology. Phones and appts. were entered. Although I did work with other employees the main part of my job was working without supervision autonomously. This was appreciated by the doctors as they depended upon my accuracy in the reports.
Pros
Medical Transcription
Cons
Having to call pts to cance appointments.
Intense, high adreneline position
Patient Registration Clerk (casual) (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABJuly 8, 2015
Working at St. Mary's Hospital was nothing short of exhilarating. The experience I gained only added to the knowledge I came in with from working in other medical facilities.
The employees who I had trained under were very knowledgeable and showed the patience needed in order to properly train an individual in a highly stressful environment.
The hardest part of my job was working late and having my teenage daughter take care of herself, without me being there. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with and somewhat getting to know the amazing employees I had the privilege to work with, I can only hope I left a positive impression with my co-workers at St. Mary's.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
The late hours
st marys is a reliable place to volenteer
Emergency Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  kitchener onNovember 24, 2014
staff are friendly and the position builds character.it feels good to give back to the community. staff appreciate having a volunteer on hand.
Pros
free tim hortons coffee
Cons
can be boring
Enjoy assisting individuals with their needs
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener OntarioSeptember 13, 2014
I am a volunteer at St. Mary's Hospital. I assist patients as they enter the hospital and ensure they are taken to the appropriate area requested by the Doctor.

Interaction with individuals that require patience and caring is a highly enjoyable part of the job
out patient clerk
Senior Outpatient Clerk (Former Employee) –  lacombe, cote des neiges, qcMay 26, 2014
very fast paced, helping retrieve files for patients being seen in outpatient clinics, the management was tough but fair, co-workers were great, hardest part of the job if you could not find a patient's file because it was misfiled, you knew it could be urgent if it had to go to the emergency. Knowing you made a difference and helped people.
Pros
good atmosphere, helping people, you had to be on top of your work.
Cons
very stressful at times.
Good position
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2013
Serving charts to various clinics, filing, administrative work
Pros
good hours
Cons
going up and down stairs almost all day long
Productive yet laid back fun atmosphere
Master Data Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
- Process requests in SAP, SAP maintenance, Manage emails and clients
- I'e learned SAP, better time management, excel
- Coworkers were friendly, everybody did their job and had fun doing it
- Management was more hands off and laid back (as long as you did your job)
- Hardest part of the job was process truck routes because there was so many steps and the smallest mistake can have a huge impact
- Most enjoyable part was processing all the requests for the day within that day and being able to leave early
Pros
atmosphere, free lunches and bbq's, cheap vending machines
Cons
location