St. Mary's Hospital

St. Mary's Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
out patient clerk
Senior Outpatient Clerk (Former Employee), lacombe, cote des neiges, qcMay 26, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere, helping people, you had to be on top of your work.
Cons: very stressful at times.
very fast paced, helping retrieve files for patients being seen in outpatient clinics, the management was tough but fair, co-workers were great, hardest part of the job if you could not find a patient's file because it was misfiled, you knew it could be urgent if it had to go to the emergency. Knowing you made a difference and helped people.
Good position
Medical Records (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: going up and down stairs almost all day long
Serving charts to various clinics, filing, administrative work
Productive yet laid back fun atmosphere
Master Data Team Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: atmosphere, free lunches and bbq's, cheap vending machines
Cons: location
- Process requests in SAP, SAP maintenance, Manage emails and clients
- I'e learned SAP, better time management, excel
- Coworkers were friendly, everybody did their job and had fun doing it
- Management was more hands off and laid back (as long as you did your job)
- Hardest part of the job was process truck routes because there was so many steps and – more... the smallest mistake can have a huge impact
- Most enjoyable part was processing all the requests for the day within that day and being able to leave early – less
Provide clerical support and assistance in a healthcare setting whenever the need be.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, MNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great place to work with alot of team efforts to make it a go.
Cons: always short on staff but always worked out fine. budget an issue.
1. Answer phones, schedule tests, work with the charge nurse regarding staffing issues and help answer questions those families my have.
2 .Helping staff with timecard issues at any given time of the day made it very interesting.
3. Ordering supplies for the needs of the patients while providing any additional support if needed.
4. We always have a – more... variety of co-workers on staff- need remember we are all different and no one is the same.
5. New staff were always a challenge. But one thing I always said was that we were all new once. We need to give them support and to be as helpful as possible in a kind way.
6. The hardest part in my job was that I would have many people asking me for things at the same time and I would have to multi task in many different times of shift.
I loved keeping busy in my job. I am not one to sit around and do nothing. – less
Decent place for a CNA to work
Hospital (Former Employee), janesville wiOctober 20, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
For the most part working at this facility you are staffed appropriately. I learned a lot about being a good CNA. Management then was a little touch and go, we had many new management on my unit in my time there. Co-workers were great!
giving flu shots
Medical Volunteer (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: met a lot of nice people
Cons: needs to be more clean
At St. Mary's Homeless Shelter i would give out flu shots to the people that are in need. I've learned that you should be appreciative with everything you got because one day it can all go away in a quick second. Helped me see everything in life different and be more appreciative.
Great place to work!
PRN/PAS (Current Employee), Janesville, WIOctober 14, 2014
I enjoy the atmosphere, co-workers and their Mission.
I enjoy the pace in the ED, along with the interaction with patients.
I've learned to become very proficient with the EPIC system and continue to learn something new every time I work.
Productive workplace
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management could use some improvements such as professionalism and respect
A typical work day consist of gathering the materials I will need for my job tasks. I get an assigned area to clean. Since I been at St. Mary's, I have learned about different types of viruses and diseases I didn't have knowledge of before. The management is pretty much like every other management. There are good managers and there're the other type – more... of managers. My co-workers are fun and make the work environment exciting. It's not really a hard part about my job; It may get busy sometimes but nothing hard about it. I really enjoy building relationships with the patients. – less
great place to work
EMERGENCYROOM CLERK (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILOctober 10, 2014
Pros: everyone was team players
Cons: sadly hosital was closed down
this hospital is no longer open, but it was a great place to work, they valued their employees and patients
Great support Staff
On Call Staff Technologist (Current Employee), Passaic, NJOctober 8, 2014
Pros: toll reimbursement
Cons: distance
Very good support staff and help from upper managment.
Amazing Co-Workers and hospital enviorment.
Excellent communication and people
Concierge (Former Employee), West Palm BeachOctober 6, 2014
This a very nice place to work. Most of the people who work here are friendly. I enjoyed interacting with the patients and being able to do my job without constant supervision.
Wonderful team of co-workers
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COOctober 1, 2014
St. Mary's laboratory employees are a great team to work with. Overall I enjoyed my time at St Mary's and wish I were still there. Husband's job relocation is the only reason I left.
ED Tech
ER Technician (Former Employee), Passaic, NJSeptember 24, 2014
Assisting in the ER. performing EKGs, Phlebotomy, Temperatures, Blood Sugar testing, and maintaining patient comfort.
ER in a small county
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Leonardtown, MDSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: alot of work to do and friendly staff
Cons: prn hours as usual in a hospital
typical work for an admissions personnel, in ER and general admissions for a county hospital in a rural area
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTSeptember 15, 2014
very nice work environment. The people are generally very nice.
I probably work here again. getting to help people is a very good feeling and feels the whole day was worth it.
Receptionist (Former Employee), LondonSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: training provided
Cons: no cons
I was working as a receptionist on a work placement. I enjoyed working there as I got the training to work as a receptionist. The staff and management were really helpful.
rewarding job with great fullfillment
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COSeptember 8, 2014
Typical day at work was fast paced,as our department served 11 operating room suites. The hardest part of this position was physically keeping track of over 1,000 instrument sets
Fast paced OR
OR/Surgical Nurse (Former Employee), Passaic, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: for 30+ years worked under the most amazing nurse manager.
Cons: position eliminated with new owners, new manager inexperienced in management of or.
Fast paced OR , run by Anesthesia Dept, along with input from Administrative Assistant, who over rode the RN in charge! Tended to be confusing at times but as long as the cases were done, surgeons were satisfied. Not always the case though due to input from personnel who should not have had any input at all.
I enjoyed working part-time in a challenging environment.
medical discharge planner intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: no pay
I learned a lot from my clinical supervisor and applied my talents to my subsequent social work jobs.
fun workplace
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee), isle of wightAugust 31, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: difficult patients
booking in patients, not everyone has the same problem, was bullied by 1 co-worker but didnt let it affect the job ever.
the most enjoyable part of the job when when I had to help patients with their enquiries.

1 2 3 4 5