ST. LOUIS BAR & GRILL Employee Reviews

organized
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
Very upbeat restaurant, very universal menu the bar and grill always had something for everyone! great atmosphere and friendly management. I always recommend st louis
Fun place to work accompanied with an amazing staff
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  2050 yonge st20 May 2017
The workers at st. louis bar and grill are all very kind and helpful. Moreover the work load is not as stressful as you would think for a regular fast paced restaurant.
Fun place to work
Supervisor, Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
Great restaurant to work at. Fun staff, good menu, great customers. Not open too late so having this as a part-time job was perfect during school or weekends.
St.Louis Bar & Grill
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB4 May 2017
A typical day at St. Louis Bar & Grill would consist of a lot of frustations. The atmosphere was like a sports bar; hence, always busy and hectic. The management was awful and i don't suggest working there. Around a dozen people got fired without notice or 2 weeks pay, via Email.
Pros
Fast paced, steady, and great atmosphere
Cons
No hours, bad management, a lot of complaints
Great atmosphere and fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 April 2017
St. Louis is a high volume restaurant/bar requiring excellent and efficient customer service. Effectively able to work in a fast-paced and high-demand environment while maintaining positive and professional interactions with customers and other employees.
Pros
50% off food
Fast paced fun environment
Guest First Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
St.Louis is a very comfortable restaurant to work in with lots of regulars. The regulars create stability within the chaotic nature of the industry. As a part of the management team I have developed more skills and I am very thankful for that aspect of my position.
Pros
Ability to create relationships
Cons
good
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2016
great place to work. loved being to interact with different kinds of sports lovers. Management was very friendly too and always helpful when it was a busy rush.
Fun, fast paced environment and great people.
Server (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ON16 June 2016
Fun and fast pasede environment ALWAYS. Leanred to multitask on a new level. Management was awesome. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was to short hours, worked nights. Loved the people.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Extremely useful job while in university.
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
I have worked at St. Louis for most of my university career and the flexible hours have allowed me to attend classes regularily and earn a decent income. The company knows how to appreciate its staff and offer growth opportunites.
Pros
Good tips
Fun
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2016
Cool, skills learned. Learned to deal with unhappy customers in a professional and effective manner. Communication skills strengthened.
Good experience
Hostess/Busperson (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2015
Working for St. Louis Bar and Grill has given the opportunity to improve my customer service skills and work in an environment where hospitality is paramount.
Cons
short hours
Fun , Corporative and Rewarding workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 May 2015
Although the shift is lengthy (on average 7-8 hours into the late night), it is a great place to work with our small team of workers. In working at this particular St. Louis location, we are small but we are a happy family. Everyone gets along so well and is always willing to help one another out without any conflict and problems. Our Bosses/ Managers are the best. They love to let us know that they appreciate us and always encouraging to work harder and up sell ,up sell and up sell. The hardest part of the job would be working very late into the night especially after a very long day shift, but it is worth it because of all the interesting and fun conversations that I engage in with customers. The absolutely most enjoyable part of the job would be talking with the regulars about everything, some have actually grown into being friends with.
Pros
Small location, high turn over
Productive/Fun work place
Kitchen Manager/ Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  808 Yorkmills Toronto,ON20 January 2015
Working at St Louis Bar & Grill is where I found my passion for cooking, it brought out my inter chef.Management/Owner is awesome they make you feel like you are part of a big happy family. A typical day at work would be maintaining a clean kitchen,food has to out in a certian time, doing inventory. The hardest part of the job is just to get up in morning to go in for the opening shift.
Pros
Long hours, fun work place, free food
fun place to work at with very caring staff
Part-time Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississuaga,ON19 January 2015
working on Tuesdays is the most difficult part of job as wings are at half price and there is no tuesday when the restaurant is not full for all the time. So working on tuesday is a real big deal and i am the only person to work on all tuesdays the day i joined this job
Friendly staff, great work atmosphere
Bartender & Waitress (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 December 2013
The management gave me the opportunity to improve my interpersonal and customer skills by promoting me and allowing to work behind the bar in the licensed establishment.
Pros
50% discount on purchased food, always approachable and helpful management
Cons
Not always busy
Great Customers and excellent staff!
Performer (house musician) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 November 2013
This place is like an episode of cheers, everyone is very friendly the food is great and the staff were a pleasure to work with!
Pros
Exposure in the Burlington area
Cons
Open Late
St. Louis Bar & Grill
Cook inside the kitchen (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2013
Easy job with decent to good co-workers. Decent managing but getting the schedule you want is hard since the faculty is understaffed at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing a rush even though the hardest part is getting through the rush.
Pros
Free food & drinks
Cons
Great environment, and great place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 June 2013
Opening the kitchen at St. Louis I've learned how to move quickly and efficiently given the time allotted.
Even though I've been only working there for a short period of time I've come to understand that there is a lot of work that needs to be done to keep the things running smoothly. Management does a great job ensuring that we have the necessary tools and equipment perform our jobs successfully.
With any job the hardest part would be if there someone decides not to do their job, which in turn would make the job harder because now have to do your job and finish the job that the previous co-worker did not do.
Working with the staff and the chemistry that we've built over the brief time is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 May 2013
A typical days work was going in and checking the sales of business in all aspects as to food and beverages.making sure that the place was clean and able to produce quality merchandise and immense pace, Interact with staff and customers. Dealt with money transactions beginning and end of shifts. I learned that the power of of words an tone can change the state of any individual regardless of their days outcome. Also learned how to sell profits to make the business flourish. Management was stern but opened and easy to communicate with. Co-Workers would either come and go because they were not suited for the details of the position and those who stayed were good at what they did and made business profit. Hardest part of the job was to maintain a positive outlook when the business was slow due to either weather or turn of the season. Also to manage a staff that also didn't want to work. Even having to relief staff from their shift because the amount of staff was more then needed for the amount of business bringing in. Easiest part of the job was communicating with customers and dealing with any aspect that may have arose.
Pros
Learning Experience
St. Louis Bar & Grill Review
Line-cook & Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON & Fairview Mall, ON9 March 2013
Good management, great people to work with. Pay was satisfactory. Workload was fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST. LOUIS BAR & GRILL. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3