St. Louis Bar & Grill Employee Reviews

hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 February 2018
never received proper seated break or lunch times for any of the employees. Management was rude and would just sit in the office the entire shift. No empathy when something in your family life popped up, required you to work anyway
cheap
Co-op (Current Employee) –  markham18 January 2018
they cut off employee discounts because of the rise in minimum wage. theyre good with scheduling. easy to move up in within the restaurant. employees are easy to get along with
Great staff, fun place to work and play!
Day Bartender/ Bar Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 January 2018
St. Louis is a great place to work, my day to day has always been pretty fun, there is a really good crew of regulars and staff to make the day go by. There is always something to do which is nice because I need to stay busy. Unfortunately, since the minimum wage increase the owner has implemented many changes that have actually made it so I am making less money than I was before, and with the amount they have cut some of the other staff's hours I have much more work to do in the same time frame. The culture of the restaurant is changing and morale is way down, the manager is awesome but his hands are tied. I have been with this company for a long time and I love it but I am ready for a change.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 January 2018
Busy and great opportunities to make money serving here. Staff is really nice and made alot of friends while serving at St.Louis. Management was not the best as they were very catty and like to start drama between the girls. I loved the theme nights we did and the kitchen is always so nice and are always willing to help you out if you have made mistakes.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Bad management
Fun and enjoyable learning experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2018
This was my first serving job and i enjoyed meeting so many amazing people from my coworkers to my customers. I learned that i enjoyed being a server because it gave me the opportunity to showcase my hospitality skills and i was constantly interacting with new people.
Pros
tips
Cons
late hours
eh
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON12 November 2017
no training given to staff first time servers are given huge sections of 13 + tables or expected to server large tables( 12 people and up ) as well as the rest of the tables in your section . If they see you struggling to keep up with the work load you will be terminated .
other servers are rude and mean to each other and drag the rest of the staff into there drama. The servers are encouraged to flirt with customers .( during my first week i had a customer grope me in front of management who did nothing )
Pros
tips
Cons
rude staff bad management creepy old men
Great environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Great management, staff and customers. It was always a fun and good working environment. Everyone always worked as a team to have a productive work day.
Great place with amazing staff
Bartender, Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
A nice pub with great food and better drinks , owner and staff are great , the patrons are always treated like family. The hours are great and they are flexible with days off
Overall great experience
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
Management was great. Coworkers and overall atmosphere very positive. Management was very flexible and respected employees. Overall attitude and atmosphere were very pleasant and I loved working there. I had no previous serving experience and received thorough training.
organized
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
Very upbeat restaurant, very universal menu the bar and grill always had something for everyone! great atmosphere and friendly management. I always recommend st louis
Fun place to work accompanied with an amazing staff
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  2050 yonge st20 May 2017
The workers at st. louis bar and grill are all very kind and helpful. Moreover the work load is not as stressful as you would think for a regular fast paced restaurant.
Fun place to work
Supervisor, Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
Great restaurant to work at. Fun staff, good menu, great customers. Not open too late so having this as a part-time job was perfect during school or weekends.
St.Louis Bar & Grill
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB4 May 2017
A typical day at St. Louis Bar & Grill would consist of a lot of frustations. The atmosphere was like a sports bar; hence, always busy and hectic. The management was awful and i don't suggest working there. Around a dozen people got fired without notice or 2 weeks pay, via Email.
Pros
Fast paced, steady, and great atmosphere
Cons
No hours, bad management, a lot of complaints
Fun working environment
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2017
Typical day for me is cleaning up tables and making sure cutlery and napkins, etc were filled before my shift. We had small check list of duties to do within our hours and before we leave and start. I learned a lot of people skills with this line of work. Management was perfect as I was going to school and worked part time nearby my school. Workplace culture was enjoyable as I had a good crew of people working with me. The hardest part of the job was managing large tables (15-25 people) on my own as I just started waitressing and learning that year. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and socializing with customers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
Great atmosphere and fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 April 2017
St. Louis is a high volume restaurant/bar requiring excellent and efficient customer service. Effectively able to work in a fast-paced and high-demand environment while maintaining positive and professional interactions with customers and other employees.
Pros
50% off food
Fun place great people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2017
Great work place u learn a lot once again the people that works there are really kind and helpful the supervisors are really great helpful and funny as well
productive and comfortable workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 January 2017
Typically at wok the atmosphere and culture is fun and uplifting

The hardest part of the job is managing where to seat customers when its busy at dinner hours

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and working with uplifting people on the job
Pros
Meeting different types of people daily
Cons
Tiring
I love this place!
Bartender/Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Probably my favourite job ever! Their food is great, their head office is great, the whole culture is great! Truly a pleasure to have had worked for them.
Great job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 December 2016
this is a Great job for any young adult or collage student the hours are great always competitive pay the serving staff share there tips with the cooks management is great and always there to help you
i never would have left if i did not have to move city's for school.
Pros
Pay, hours, environment, management
Best Job/Bosses I have ever had
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 December 2016
St. Louis being a franchise chain means that every one that you go to will be different. The menu will generally stay the same but the people never will. This particular St. Louis was run by two of the hardest working and yet most laid back individuals I have ever met. They walked the razor's edge between "Fun work boss" and genuine friend with perfect balance. The work wasn't very hard and the atmosphere was welcoming and warm.
Pros
Free Meals, Fantastic Management
Cons
Low starting pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Louis Bar & Grill. Our community is ready to answer.