St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton

St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton Employee Reviews in Canada

Solid Employer
SOCIAL WORKER in the Forensic Psychiatry Program (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2016
SJHH has an excellent culture, salary and benefits. If you have high integrity and an excellent work ethic, you will be rewarded.
St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton is a great place to work. Multiple opportunities to grow with the company and develop new skills.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 18, 2016
Staff and management at St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton are supportive and welcoming. They are eager to provide education and mentor ship to new staff in order to achieve a strong foundation of knowledge.
Fast-paced, friendly and hard working enviornment.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 16, 2016
During my position within this company not only was I continuously learning but I was always able to further my career path with in work education days. Management and co-workers were always friendly and worked in a team oriented way to ensure all tasks were completed.
Great experience for my career.
EXTERNSHIP - Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time at St. Joseph's and would definitely recommend this hospital to others. Since St. Joseph's is a teaching hospital, the atmosphere is very friendly and patient focused. Staff was very helpful in teaching me the Administration/Medical Affairs demands that are required on a daily basis. I would love to work for St. Joseph's in the future.
Great place to work.
Biomedical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Working at St. Joseph's was the best job experience I've had. The people in my department were welcoming and friendly, and I would be happy working for St. Joseph's again in the future. My manager was especially helpful and supportive on future endeavors, and I still keep in touch with my old coworkers.
Pros
Good Schedule, Friendly Company Culture
Cons
Little Upward Movement
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
No I do not wish to complete this section at this time. Maybe in future, but not now. More words here for requirement.
I would just like to continue on now indeed.ca...
Registered Nurse - Nursing Resource Team (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 25, 2015
St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton is an excellent place to work. The management seem to really care about what is going on with their staff. There is a family like atmosphere to this organization.
v ery clean and spacious
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 12, 2015
fun work place, interesting co workers lots of work always. miss alot of lunch breaks due to high demand. of overtime work to be done
Pros
modern instruments
Cons
busy pharmacy
Great experience for my career.
RN (Former Employee) –  CMHSJuly 18, 2014
Offered education and had conferences you can attend at hospital. Very friendly and supportive staff, management/supervisors. Very busy but rewarding with the group I had experience with. Committees are a good learning experience. I enjoyed this hospital very much and it led me to career advancement.
Pros
teaching hospital
Cons
need more incentives-tim horton cards, free lunch/coffee often.
It is OK
Reseach (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 12, 2015
Busy,
not a lot
self-centered
Very friendly and hard working
meeting all request and deadlines
challenges and working with different people
Pros
never get fired
Cons
never get promoted
Worst Work Culture I have ever encountered
RN (Former Employee) –  HamiltonMay 24, 2013
Management in Nursing from top to bottom evidences very little caring for staff in the way they speak to them, deal with them, and handle them. Brought many new nurses on board as part time with promise of ''full time hours" that neer materialized. Nurse Managers want to only discuss positive things, never the hurdles or issues needing to be fixed. Lots of old-timers around who resent outsiders with experience. Lots of backstabbing tolerated.
Pros
interesting patient population mix
Cons
management styles and attitudes
Redevelopment of New Hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 24, 2013
Very positive workplace.
• I am the day to day point of contact for coordination of all construction related activities involving outside vendors such as Plenary, PCL, Honeywell, architects, IO and MOH
• Receive, log, distribute, follow up and file all project related construction documentation/drawings
• Work with Ebuilder, prepare weekly payroll
• Assist team members in documentation of responses and any correspondence between hospital and contractors
• Purchasing and manage day to day activities of the project office
• Analytical and planning skills with a proven track record for prioritizing and strategic planning.
• Prepare meetings, take and distribute minutes
• Provide day to day support to the entire Redevelopment team; arrange meetings/presentations when required
• Responsible for preparation, issuance and follow up with team for project related documents such as Design Revision Requests, DRR's, NDRR's, Variations, Transmittals, Advice Notices, RFI's, and all project related documentation
• Act as project librarian, maintaining database of all submissions, plans, and construction progress photos, plot construction drawings upon request
• Assist with the coordination and processing of incoming invoices
• Assist with coordination of all construction site visits and safety training
Pros
seeing the completion of the new hospital
Great working Enviroment
Admin Support - Occupational Health Office (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 14, 2012
Staff is great, helpful, work is balance and very supportive, enjoy helping others.
Pros
recognition services
Cons
need more extracurricular events, there use to be a lot years back

4.3