St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton

St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience for my career.
EXTERNSHIP - Co-op Student (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my time at St. Joseph's and would definitely recommend this hospital to others. Since St. Joseph's is a teaching hospital, the atmosphere is very friendly and patient focused. Staff was very helpful in teaching me the Administration/Medical Affairs demands that are required on a daily basis. I would love to work for St. Joseph's in the future.
Great place to work.
Biomedical Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Good Schedule, Friendly Company Culture
Cons: Little Upward Movement
Working at St. Joseph's was the best job experience I've had. The people in my department were welcoming and friendly, and I would be happy working for St. Joseph's again in the future. My manager was especially helpful and supportive on future endeavors, and I still keep in touch with my old coworkers.
Registered Nurse - Nursing Resource Team (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 25, 2015
St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton is an excellent place to work. The management seem to really care about what is going on with their staff. There is a family like atmosphere to this organization.
v ery clean and spacious
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: modern instruments
Cons: busy pharmacy
fun work place, interesting co workers lots of work always. miss alot of lunch breaks due to high demand. of overtime work to be done
It is OK
Reseach (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: never get fired
Cons: never get promoted
Busy,
not a lot
self-centered
Very friendly and hard working
meeting all request and deadlines
challenges and working with different people
Great experience for my career.
RN (Former Employee), CMHSJuly 18, 2014
Pros: teaching hospital
Cons: need more incentives-tim horton cards, free lunch/coffee often.
Offered education and had conferences you can attend at hospital. Very friendly and supportive staff, management/supervisors. Very busy but rewarding with the group I had experience with. Committees are a good learning experience. I enjoyed this hospital very much and it led me to career advancement.
Worst Work Culture I have ever encountered
RN (Former Employee), HamiltonMay 24, 2013
Pros: interesting patient population mix
Cons: management styles and attitudes
Management in Nursing from top to bottom evidences very little caring for staff in the way they speak to them, deal with them, and handle them. Brought many new nurses on board as part time with promise of ''full time hours" that neer materialized. Nurse Managers want to only discuss positive things, never the hurdles or issues needing to be fixed. Lots of old-timers around who resent outsiders with experience. Lots of backstabbing tolerated.
Great working Enviroment
Admin Support - Occupational Health Office (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 14, 2012
Pros: recognition services
Cons: need more extracurricular events, there use to be a lot years back
Staff is great, helpful, work is balance and very supportive, enjoy helping others.
recreation review
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 5, 2012
I enjoy very much working for St. Josephs healthcare Hamilton. I find it very hard to get a permeant position which is why I am looking elsewhere for employment. Other then that, its fantastic