St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton

St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton Employee Reviews

Productive ,fast paced location
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 February 2018
Excellent work timings that provided a sufficient work life balance .
Amazing place to learn and grow , with friendly staff and co-workers.
Good Managers who taught me a lot.
Fantastic.
Public Relations and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 January 2018
St. Joseph's has a great culture of like-minded and hard-working people. I always enjoyed going in in the morning and always felt like I was doing something different , which isn't always easy to find.
Productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 November 2017
The workplace is well maintained and the employees are friendly. The clients are nice too, they're easy to please. The management cares for employees and clients. They also benefits for the full time employees.
Pros
The short shift is good for students like me, because you only have to work every shift.
Cons
Limited schedules for short shifts.
hospital wage
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 September 2017
fast paced, hospital wage, fair benefits, not a lot of opportunity for growth or advancement, shift work, at times management support is lacking, support from co-staff is great for the most part
It's always a pleasure to work at the hospital
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2017
Management are very supportive, staff works together as a TEAM. love working 12 hours shift. Learn different units and oriented with different hospital settings.
Pros
Availability are given based on the available shift and hours of choice
Cons
Wages should increase
secretary
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 June 2017
learned various tasks beginning out of high school, working in personnel department, audio visual department, learned photography, learned how to become a member of work force
Clear job expectations
Temporary Clerk - Patient Information (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 April 2017
I enjoy going into a job that has clear expectations. I challenge myself to leave my desk clear every night. To accomplish all that I can every shift. Although my training exceeds the role expectations there is significant satisfaction in completing the job.
Cons
Lack of available, inexpensive parking
Excellent Place to Work with a Remarkable and Supportive Staff
Full-time Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 February 2017
I have been working at this hospital for several years now and can report a high level of satisfaction overall with the job itself, pay, and wonderful staff members.

The recent cutbacks to the hospital has unfortunately affected many departments; however, I am certain that our group will adjust to the changes and come out stronger as a result.

I am proud to be part of this hospital.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Pay
Cons
Restructuring uncertainty
Alright
Crisis Intervention Worker (Former Employee) –  Off site5 February 2017
I enjoyed many years in my career until new management changed things up for the worse in a program that was running like a well oiled machine. I was one of almost an entire program of individuals who were weeded out. And in true hospital fashion, only 4 months after being let go, jobs are being posted for a position I was and am more than qualified for. They will pay people out on severance and then hire newbies - great use of our healthcare system dollars.
I did appreciate many good years there though. I loved the salary and benefits and my team was great!
Pros
Move up quickly on the pay grid
Cons
Being heard by anyone in management
Great benefits
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  LTC9 January 2017
Been working here for 8 years. Used to work in float team and loved it. Most coworkers are nice and helpful. Benefits are great. Pay is good. Have to pay a ridiculous amount for monthly parking.
productive work enviorment
Intake Cousellor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 December 2016
the staff and mgmt. are well rounded in the field of helping with the clients that are looking to help themselves with the issues that have brought them to the facility as they are given the chance through programs offered with the counselors and staff
Pros
the staff is excellent
Cons
some staff are to abrubt with clients needs
Inclusive environment dedicated to the well-being of it's patients
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 December 2016
St. Joseph's healthcare is a welcoming, inclusive environment with incredible staff dedicated to promoting positive mental health among it's patients.
No comments
Network Systems / Desktop Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 December 2016
Average employer.
Busy and fast paced work environment.
Job work / life not balanced.
Great learning / teaching organization
New building opened in 2014
Good place to work BEFORE budget cuts
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 October 2016
Great place to work with great people. Not so great management, with little to no job security currently. 8 year waiting list for parking and very limited parking downtown. Hospital's strategy is to hire way too many part-timers to offset paying overtime to full-timers so you have no scheduled hours.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No parking, constant cuts to staff
Good wages/cold staff
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 October 2016
I loved my job at St.Josephs for the contact with patient care. The down side of this job after 4 years of working 12 hr shift along side staff that clearly weren't happy within there own job made the atmosphere on the floor a negative one. One can only have so much negativity around them for so long. I left on my own will to work more independently in a community setting doing the nursing part of my job great free from the negative faces and remarks around me.
Pros
Great hands on total primary care
Cons
12hr negativity from other staff
Good place to work and learn
Registered Nurse - 7 Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 July 2016
12 hours day/night shift. great coworkers, great management, very busy and heavy workload. learned a lot of nursing skills
St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton is a great place to work. Multiple opportunities to grow with the company and develop new skills.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 June 2016
Staff and management at St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton are supportive and welcoming. They are eager to provide education and mentor ship to new staff in order to achieve a strong foundation of knowledge.
Fast-paced, friendly and hard working enviornment.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 May 2016
During my position within this company not only was I continuously learning but I was always able to further my career path with in work education days. Management and co-workers were always friendly and worked in a team oriented way to ensure all tasks were completed.
Solid Employer
SOCIAL WORKER in the Forensic Psychiatry Program (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 March 2016
SJHH has an excellent culture, salary and benefits. If you have high integrity and an excellent work ethic, you will be rewarded.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2016
No I do not wish to complete this section at this time. Maybe in future, but not now. More words here for requirement.
I would just like to continue on now indeed.ca...