St. Joseph's Health Centre Employee Reviews

challenging, fast-paced working environment in typical day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 September 2017
I recently took a Working Mind course on effectively supporting excellent psychological health in the workplace by effectively balancing professional/personal time. I would like to work in an atmosphere that supports this philosophy.

I like working in a setting that recognizes hard dedicated workers with management that also supports this and a work/life healthy balance.

The most enjoyable part of my job is supporting employee health, health promotion (vaccination, counseling, triage, sharing community supports) and working in a clinic setting.
Pros
clinic peer supports/ongoing learning opportunities
Cons
short breaks, unsupported work/life balance
Enjoyable work environment
Clinical/Administrative Assistant to the Chief (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2017
Great place to work with lots of chances for advancement. Very quick paced office with a great deal of multitasking needed. Learned lots of skills to succeed. Fellow colleagues great to work with.
Pros
great benefits and vacation plan
Cons
could be very stressful at times
Friendly, encouraging environment
F.R.A.M.E. Program coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 July 2017
I very much enjoyed the time during which I worked at St. Joseph's. The people were a pleasure to work with. I found them to be helpful with any questions I had and that I could effectively expand my abilities while there.
the most enjoyable part of the job
General/Orthopaedic Sugery Unit - Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is their paperless documentation system. Although patients do have paper chart, everything is available on their online work station. New doctor orders or changes can be made quicky so if you work here, make sure to keep checking in a timely manner.
Caring place of work
Dietary Aide/ Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 May 2017
Working part -time would love to expand my hospitality skills further.
Presently working part-time as a medical clerk and a temp agency for hospitality placements.
Pros
Food is love
Cons
Part-time
Fast paced and friendly
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada29 March 2017
Working with nurses and clinical members in the NICU and Labour and Delivery unit. It was essential to work as part of the team to achieve our goals in a very busy environment. There was always a happy atmosphere working with several different cultures and backgrounds. The most enjoyable days would be when our sick babies would be discharged to go home. The most difficult days would be when one of our babies suffered complications and did not make it. We all felt the loss and helped support each other through it. The management team were very supportive and offered an "an open door policy" throughout the hospital.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Working in a safe and friendly environment
Cons
12 hour shift work. Working on holidays. eg. Christmas Day
Productive and Educational workplace
Biomedical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
Hands on environment that helped create understanding for ongoing medical problems. Strong culture established from top of management which lead to strong work ethic.
productive workplace with great people
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
I enjoyed volunteering for the hospital and all the people I was able to help on a daily basis
I learned a great deal about customer service, retail, and cash training. I was taught how to manually balance a till, open and close the shop as well as manage the shop on my own for multiple hours at a time.
The hardest part of the job was getting close to the amazing people from the hospital and not being able to assist them more
I loved every part of the job !
Pros
the lovely people
Cons
nothing
Overall summary is satisfactory
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2016
Very challenging, learn to deal with diversity, enjoy working with upper management respect subordinates and vice versa. projects such as isolation clean up but serving patient, public, visitors and staff.
St.Josephs has the best environment and team management
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
Every day was full of challenges and tasks but we have an excellent team work and co operation with each other. All together our task to serve people with love and care to try our best to make them calm and comfortable.

I have learned numerous new hospital software application to run the office smoothly. St. Joseph's is the best educating organization.
easy paced enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and making a real difference in their lives.
Nursing staff are amazing and the Doctors care about their patients.
Pros
easy pace
Cons
politics
Decent place to work
Operating Room Attendant (HCA) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
The hourly pay is great but it's hard to find a permanent position in this hospital. They will continue to renew your contract but that doesn't guarantee you will be there by the end of it.
Place in Transition
Emergency Physician Navigator / Flow Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2015
Emergency department is probably one of the busiest in the GTA, yet no one is ever happy with wait times. Management is making some changes in hopes of addressing the issues. However, for now people are not happy.
Having fun and being productive at the same time.
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  30 The Queens Way Toronto21 September 2015
My day start at 6 am usually very busy sick calls staff replacement etc. Learn something new almost daily, on the job training new standard for infection control. New changes in management at time different promotion staff moving on due to new opportunity, my coworker we meet daily just to review and to keep each other informed of changes. hardest part of the job is not be able to spend time on each unit or to follow-up with each staff members. most enjoyable part of the job is to teach /mentor staff and watch them grow.
Pros
being recognized for a job well done
Cons
working long hour when needed part of the job.
Amazing hard working enviornment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
Great place to work. Environment is very friendly and full of hard working health care providers. Clients are well taken care of and attended to accordingly.
Best Community Teaching hospital
Charge Nurse on shift basis (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2014
Enjoyed teaching and helping parents with their critically ill babies and finally going home. Great feelings of accomplishment. I learned patience, endurance, strength to overcome difficult and anxious parents.Co workers are supportive.
Pros
Preceptor/Mentor; Heallth Teachings ; 5 Days off in between shifts
Cons
Day & Night Shift
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2014
The employees are pleasant to work with and the hospital is very organized since it is an older hospital. The building itself is very old so the air circulation or the look is not the greatest.
Pros
Good Pension, not-so-good health benefits compared to other businesses
Cons
Poor air circulation and older building
A great place to work
Medical Records Clerk and Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2013
I give it an A for its management and I would like to go back to work there someday in Toronto, possibly as a Medical Secretary.
MRI Technologist Intern
Intern MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2013
A typical day of work would include screenig patients to make sure that they are safe to enter the MRI scanner. Then I would explain the procedure to the patient stating (length of scan, any preparations, etc.) I would set up an intravenous if it was a contrast injection exam. The I would perform the procedure using the MRI scanner and talk to the patient in between scans. The hardest part of the job is keeping on schedule, and helping the patient get through claustrophobia moments. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients and other health care professionals
All in all an enjoyable and interesting work experience with a half-decent pay rate and mostly nice people.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2012
I give St. Joseph's a 4/5 with the one drawback being I was denied the option of working from home when my husband became ill and therefore was forced to submit my resignation.
Pros
interesting work.
Cons
commute.