ST. JOSEPH'S HEALTH CENTRE Employee Reviews in Canada

St.Josephs has the best environment and team management
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
Every day was full of challenges and tasks but we have an excellent team work and co operation with each other. All together our task to serve people with love and care to try our best to make them calm and comfortable.

I have learned numerous new hospital software application to run the office smoothly. St. Joseph's is the best educating organization.
easy paced enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and making a real difference in their lives.
Nursing staff are amazing and the Doctors care about their patients.
Pros
easy pace
Cons
politics
Decent place to work
Operating Room Attendant (HCA) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
The hourly pay is great but it's hard to find a permanent position in this hospital. They will continue to renew your contract but that doesn't guarantee you will be there by the end of it.
Place in Transition
Emergency Physician Navigator / Flow Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2015
Emergency department is probably one of the busiest in the GTA, yet no one is ever happy with wait times. Management is making some changes in hopes of addressing the issues. However, for now people are not happy.
Having fun and being productive at the same time.
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  30 The Queens Way TorontoSeptember 21, 2015
My day start at 6 am usually very busy sick calls staff replacement etc. Learn something new almost daily, on the job training new standard for infection control. New changes in management at time different promotion staff moving on due to new opportunity, my coworker we meet daily just to review and to keep each other informed of changes. hardest part of the job is not be able to spend time on each unit or to follow-up with each staff members. most enjoyable part of the job is to teach /mentor staff and watch them grow.
Pros
being recognized for a job well done
Cons
working long hour when needed part of the job.
Amazing hard working enviornment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work. Environment is very friendly and full of hard working health care providers. Clients are well taken care of and attended to accordingly.
Best Community Teaching hospital
Charge Nurse on shift basis (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2014
Enjoyed teaching and helping parents with their critically ill babies and finally going home. Great feelings of accomplishment. I learned patience, endurance, strength to overcome difficult and anxious parents.Co workers are supportive.
Pros
preceptor/mentor; heallth teachings ; 5 days off in between shifts
Cons
day & night shift
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2014
The employees are pleasant to work with and the hospital is very organized since it is an older hospital. The building itself is very old so the air circulation or the look is not the greatest.
Pros
good pension, not-so-good health benefits compared to other businesses
Cons
poor air circulation and older building
A great place to work
Medical Records Clerk and Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2013
I give it an A for its management and I would like to go back to work there someday in Toronto, possibly as a Medical Secretary.
MRI Technologist Intern
Intern MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2013
A typical day of work would include screenig patients to make sure that they are safe to enter the MRI scanner. Then I would explain the procedure to the patient stating (length of scan, any preparations, etc.) I would set up an intravenous if it was a contrast injection exam. The I would perform the procedure using the MRI scanner and talk to the patient in between scans. The hardest part of the job is keeping on schedule, and helping the patient get through claustrophobia moments. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients and other health care professionals
All in all an enjoyable and interesting work experience with a half-decent pay rate and mostly nice people.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2012
I give St. Joseph's a 4/5 with the one drawback being I was denied the option of working from home when my husband became ill and therefore was forced to submit my resignation.
Pros
interesting work.
Cons
commute.
Making a difference in someone's life
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, On.September 5, 2012
Answer calls promptly
Team work
St. Joseph's Health Centre is a long-term care facility for seniors and others
Horticultural Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 4, 2012
-team meetings with Recreation staff to plan outings and activities

-gardened indoors and out one-to-one or in small groups
-cooked/prepare/consumed produce grown on site by residents
-made crafts from plant materials
-provided basic botany classes for interested participants

-management was supportive and critical when necessary and very well-versed in this field

-co-workers were also supportive and easy to communicate with

-one of the most challenging aspect was to encourage and guide residents in late stage dementia
-this was an internship and as such had a demanding scholastic component - I learned to to research papers and essays again

-the most enjoyable part of the job was providing stimulating activities for people who otherwise might be spending the last days of their lives sitting in a chair in isolating circumstances
Pros
-physically and mentally stimulating, many lovely people, fun
Cons
-it was difficult for me to move and speak slowly, time limited job
Fantastic learning experience
Orthopaedic surgical team (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 4, 2012
Everyday was a medical learning experience. Pleased with the overall staff and honoured to provide my knowledge.
Pros
fantastic medical staff
Very productive and Fun Experience
Orthopaedic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2012
Gained knowledge in applying and removing dressings, assessing condition of the wound prior to further treatment. Consulting with physicians for further orders when problems were identified. Interacting with other departments (medical records, radiology, service coordination) to obtain the resources needed to assist in patient care, charting, documentation and maintaining accurate notes and records, and establishing effective helping relationships with patient and family.
It was an excellent place to work: friendly, learnt a lot and improved my skills at work.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 19, 2012
The management was excellent and very supportive. Excellent benefits was given and the work environment was very friendly and exhibited a characteristic of team players.
Good listener, and very helpful towards achieving assigned goal.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, less staff.

4.4