St. John Knits Employee Reviews

Manager had no idea what she was doing
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IL16 November 2017
Awful hours
Very cut throat with being commission
Everyone hated everyone
Awful return policy
Manager did not care about theft
Favorites were always chosen and gave more benefits
The Client Counts
Personal Styling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 October 2017
Working at the Boutique is a great learning experience. The culture is that of any environment with multiple personalities. Connecting with clients and delivering was the ultimate goal.
Pros
Embraces ideas for growth of your business
Cons
Teamwork coaching can be an asset
Money can be made!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL23 June 2017
I received training on CRM, which I had never used before. This program is extremely useful for client and sales information. Luckily, I also received great pointers from other associates on selling tips, which in most commission based jobs, this doesn't happen.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long time to reach the next level of leadership
Good comany
Product Development for Griffith & Gray Knit Lines (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA20 June 2017
Allowed me to take my 20 years of experience and apply it to one of the top manufactures of women clothing. They were big on innovation and design. the culture was a little snobbish but that was what that business is about.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
Job insecurity
Fun place to work, management put too much pressure on employers
WARDROBE SPECALIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NY18 June 2017
Great place to work, learn a lot but no room for growth. Management isn't great, doesn't really know how to be a leader. Makes employers anxious instead of motivated.
Good environment ,very productive.
Maker maker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA13 June 2017
While at that company I feel like we still can improve things more but overall it good place to work at.Some times I feel it like I was at my own home
Consistent and stable work environment.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 April 2017
St. John provided a stable and focused work environment. The team was seasoned with a strong sense of client service. As a niche brand St. John was consistent in its offerings and defined its image. It was a nice environment with family values and pride in its products.
Great Place To Work
Store Manager, Retail (Former Employee) –  New York9 March 2017
I enjoyed my time with the brand. The people are helpful and want nothing more than for everyone to succeed. A healthy work life balance, which is nice considering our line of work.
Pros
Great partnerships, close teams
Don't waste your time!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florida30 June 2016
A terrible company to work for -management is awful and only looking for you to do something wrong! No training, hostility among other salespeople, not a friendly place.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
Fun Place to work
HR Jr. Benefit and Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA10 June 2016
The position I had at St. John Knits was great. Everyday there was something new to do. Co- Workers were amazing they were all so helpful. I learned so much at SJK and I'm ready to use my skills elsewhere.
Okay place to work but mangers do not help you
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA8 April 2016
If you work as a driver, good luck. The work is fairly easy but your co-workers are heavy slackers. They send you to LA to do drop off and pick ups and that is where the hard work is. At times it is very stressful and you are on a deadline. Your boss will seem like he is there to help you, but is really just killing time. He makes decisions at times that seem logical to him, but in reality are horrible. If you decide to work here, just be ready for the stress that comes with it.
Productive and driven workplace
Retail Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA1 February 2016
As an intern I learned a lot about the whole Operations process for Boutiques and Outlets. The company is motivated and driven.
Affective
CRM Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA6 January 2016
It was unique work experience
I learned how to look at big picture
I learned how to use database and reach clients

My coworkers were amazing, they helped a lot.
My manager was so helpful.

Hardest part of the my internship that I had to present what I learned last day of the my internship.
Working for St. John Knits
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA4 November 2015
When I get at work I started my get my work done. I learned that I can always do three task at once like type in the computer while I am on the phone and someone is talking to me. The management is great my boss always had a smile on her face and said good morning each and one of us. And she also brought us lunch. My co-worker is always help every one of us even if it not there department. The hardest part of my work is tried to make deline but I always manage. The most part of my job is what I love to do is data entry.
Pros
free luch and friendly co worker
Cons
short lunch
Key Holder
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NY29 March 2015
Worked for them as a Key Holder for a short time. The company cares nothing about their employees only about making their numbers. Store Managers are scared to speak up because they are deathly afraid of losing their job. Management is constantly changing along with sales and promotions. District Managers are never heard or seen??? Very happy to quickly find another position with a reputable company that values their employees.
Pros
Occasional reward bonuses.
Cons
Volatile working environment due to low pay, having to rely on commission in order to make money, work culture and value, no job security
Talented and fun employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine Califormia13 November 2014
St. John is filled with super dedicated and talented people. I have the upmost respect for the young women in Sales and Marketing who work so hard and believe in the beautiful product.
apparel
fashion
marketing
management
Great People to work with
International Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA23 August 2014
I really enjoyed every aspect at St. John Knits. The people were great along with the daily tasks.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  A6 August 2014
At St John I am resposible for coaching and assisting Wardrobe Specialist to efficiently and effectively build and maintain their individual selling such they are providing sales to the store. I over see the shipping and receiving, operations and customer service. The hardest part of this job is the slow pace that we encounter during certain times of the year. The best part is the relationships that I have made with both my staff and clients.
The Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta13 June 2014
The typical day's exp. is waiting on a conference call to see who has been axed. Common practice to take away a persons livelihood without a care in the world. They spend thousands of dollars on new manager training only to completely wipe out 90% of them in the first year alone. I have never worked for such a conniving and manipulative company in my entire life. The everyday practices are demeaning and borderline abusive. They use tactless and relentless mind torture maneuvers to "run" employees away. 'Awful"
Pros
Salary
Cons
Harassing, demeaning and threatening of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John Knits. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9