St. John Knits Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 30, 2016
A terrible company to work for -management is awful and only looking for you to do something wrong! No training, hostility among other salespeople, not a friendly place.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
Okay place to work but mangers do not help you
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 8, 2016
If you work as a driver, good luck. The work is fairly easy but your co-workers are heavy slackers. They send you to LA to do drop off and pick ups and that is where the hard work is. At times it is very stressful and you are on a deadline. Your boss will seem like he is there to help you, but is really just killing time. He makes decisions at times that seem logical to him, but in reality are horrible. If you decide to work here, just be ready for the stress that comes with it.
Productive and driven workplace
Retail Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 1, 2016
As an intern I learned a lot about the whole Operations process for Boutiques and Outlets. The company is motivated and driven.
Affective
CRM Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 6, 2016
It was unique work experience
I learned how to look at big picture
I learned how to use database and reach clients

My coworkers were amazing, they helped a lot.
My manager was so helpful.

Hardest part of the my internship that I had to present what I learned last day of the my internship.
Working for St. John Knits
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 4, 2015
When I get at work I started my get my work done. I learned that I can always do three task at once like type in the computer while I am on the phone and someone is talking to me. The management is great my boss always had a smile on her face and said good morning each and one of us. And she also brought us lunch. My co-worker is always help every one of us even if it not there department. The hardest part of my work is tried to make deline but I always manage. The most part of my job is what I love to do is data entry.
Pros
free luch and friendly co worker
Cons
short lunch
Key Holder
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2015
Worked for them as a Key Holder for a short time. The company cares nothing about their employees only about making their numbers. Store Managers are scared to speak up because they are deathly afraid of losing their job. Management is constantly changing along with sales and promotions. District Managers are never heard or seen??? Very happy to quickly find another position with a reputable company that values their employees.
Pros
Occasional reward bonuses.
Cons
Volatile working environment due to low pay, having to rely on commission in order to make money, work culture and value, no job security
Talented and fun employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine CaliformiaNovember 13, 2014
St. John is filled with super dedicated and talented people. I have the upmost respect for the young women in Sales and Marketing who work so hard and believe in the beautiful product.
apparel
fashion
marketing
management
Great People to work with
International Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 23, 2014
I really enjoyed every aspect at St. John Knits. The people were great along with the daily tasks.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  AAugust 6, 2014
At St John I am resposible for coaching and assisting Wardrobe Specialist to efficiently and effectively build and maintain their individual selling such they are providing sales to the store. I over see the shipping and receiving, operations and customer service. The hardest part of this job is the slow pace that we encounter during certain times of the year. The best part is the relationships that I have made with both my staff and clients.
The Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJune 13, 2014
The typical day's exp. is waiting on a conference call to see who has been axed. Common practice to take away a persons livelihood without a care in the world. They spend thousands of dollars on new manager training only to completely wipe out 90% of them in the first year alone. I have never worked for such a conniving and manipulative company in my entire life. The everyday practices are demeaning and borderline abusive. They use tactless and relentless mind torture maneuvers to "run" employees away. 'Awful"
Pros
salary
Cons
harassing, demeaning and threatening of employees
No possibility to grow.
Wardrobe Specialist-Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Forum Shops, Las VegasFebruary 17, 2014
Typical day at work is very boring.
Very slow Traffic.
Management changing every three months.
No possibility to grow , very low base pay,and big pressure to make
monthly goal ,which is the hardest part.
Co-Workers are good,but management does not appreciate them.
Pros
good co-workers and kitchen area.
Cons
management.
I loved working for this company
Stock Coordinator / End User Support (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 24, 2013
Best place to work.. The best people to talk to. They really take care of you here.
Pros
everything
Cons
because its a place for the rich, people can be rude and think they deserve special treatment.
Good Learning Opportunity
Wholesale Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 7, 2013
As an intern was exposed to a wide array of tasks within the wholesale department of an established luxury brand. Learned about product sell-throughs and its importance in determining a buy for major accounts. In addition participated in Market Week.
nice place to make some extra money
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2013
This is a place where you can learn a lot about retail and get some hands on experience with high class customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay is not so good.
BEST JOB EVER
WARDROBE SPECIALIST/KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  LAS VEGASJuly 17, 2013
Started as a Stock Associate in 2004 then got promoted in 2008.
Learned so much thing with this Company. Opening/Closing, Merchandising,Inventory,Wardrobe Specialist,Event Coordinator,Problem Solving and Clienteling. Management were
very helpful and supportive.
Run. Don't walk and steer clear of this revolving door people!
Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2013
A typical day involves waiting to hear who has been axed and wondering whether or not you will be next. You'll learn very little as training comes late and is minimal at best. Senior management is a joke. The CEO and Director of Stores might as well be six feet under. They're presence is virtually non-existent. Co-workers are great. Unfortunately you'll hate making friends, as firing people left and right are a habit at St.John. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of all of the rules that senior management makes up as they go along. The most enjoyable.... will be getting the hell out of here as quickly as I can.

P.S. Complaints against this company are in abundance. And don't even think about a bonus. They issue write-ups and final warnings like running water. So all of the real hard work that you do will never be rewarded.
Pros
co-workers.
Cons
senior management, benefits, discrimination, outdated systems, lack of communication.
A Challenge
Corporate Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaMay 10, 2013
Your fit in the culture is important. Very little opportunity for growth and creativity.
Pros
compensation
Cons
old school thinking
Mixed
Retail (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 14, 2013
Change in management created a challenging work environment. We sometimes wondered is today the day I am getting fired. Little positive feedback, lots of negative feedback. Managers get little support to create solutions to staff or staffing issues.
Pros
clothing allowance and pay
Cons
work environment
Excellent environment to grown in the fashion world
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 29, 2013
Managing this location was one of the most rewarding experiences, to be able to develop my staff in to stylist and our costumers in to loyal shopper of the brand. I also enjoyed the travel to other location to train my peer to develop the same result in there own locations.
Pros
10, 000.00 clothing allotment, travel, events
Cons
change in culture and values with new ownership.

2.8