St. John Knits Employee Reviews

Working for St. John Knits
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 4, 2015
When I get at work I started my get my work done. I learned that I can always do three task at once like type in the computer while I am on the phone and someone is talking to me. The management is great my boss always had a smile on her face and said good morning each and one of us. And she also brought us lunch. My co-worker is always help every one of us even if it not there department. The hardest part of my work is tried to make deline but I always manage. The most part of my job is what I love to do is data entry.
Pros
free luch and friendly co worker
Cons
short lunch
Okay place to work but mangers do not help you
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 8, 2016
If you work as a driver, good luck. The work is fairly easy but your co-workers are heavy slackers. They send you to LA to do drop off and pick ups and that is where the hard work is. At times it is very stressful and you are on a deadline. Your boss will seem like he is there to help you, but is really just killing time. He makes decisions at times that seem logical to him, but in reality are horrible. If you decide to work here, just be ready for the stress that comes with it.
Key Holder
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2015
Worked for them as a Key Holder for a short time. The company cares nothing about their employees only about making their numbers. Store Managers are scared to speak up because they are deathly afraid of losing their job. Management is constantly changing along with sales and promotions. District Managers are never heard or seen??? Very happy to quickly find another position with a reputable company that values their employees.
Pros
Occasional reward bonuses.
Cons
Volatile working environment due to low pay, having to rely on commission in order to make money, work culture and value, no job security
Affective
CRM Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 6, 2016
It was unique work experience
I learned how to look at big picture
I learned how to use database and reach clients

My coworkers were amazing, they helped a lot.
My manager was so helpful.

Hardest part of the my internship that I had to present what I learned last day of the my internship.
Productive and driven workplace
Retail Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 1, 2016
As an intern I learned a lot about the whole Operations process for Boutiques and Outlets. The company is motivated and driven.
A memorable life experience
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 2, 2012
I was employed by St. John Knits for an amazing ten years; about sixteen years ago, so I am sure things have changed since the time I was there. Working with such a prestigious fashion house and with talented designers gave me a life time of experience and set higher standards for any future employment.
St. John employees were given the creative freedom and tools necessary for the success of the company and the stores they served. The company was very driven and promoted its management from within. Compensation was earned and I did receive many raises during my employment.
What can I say, 10 years with St. John Knits I definitely give it “5 Stars” and still is one of the most affluent, well made, upscale products produced today.
Run. Don't walk and steer clear of this revolving door people!
Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2013
A typical day involves waiting to hear who has been axed and wondering whether or not you will be next. You'll learn very little as training comes late and is minimal at best. Senior management is a joke. The CEO and Director of Stores might as well be six feet under. They're presence is virtually non-existent. Co-workers are great. Unfortunately you'll hate making friends, as firing people left and right are a habit at St.John. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of all of the rules that senior management makes up as they go along. The most enjoyable.... will be getting the hell out of here as quickly as I can.

P.S. Complaints against this company are in abundance. And don't even think about a bonus. They issue write-ups and final warnings like running water. So all of the real hard work that you do will never be rewarded.
Pros
co-workers.
Cons
senior management, benefits, discrimination, outdated systems, lack of communication.
Passive aggressive work environment
Wardrobe Specialist / Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 17, 2012
The days are long and boring. The work environment is often hostile. The company overall is very poorly managed and there is little to no opportunity for advancement. Mediocrity is rewarded and hard work is ignored.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
terrible management
The Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJune 13, 2014
The typical day's exp. is waiting on a conference call to see who has been axed. Common practice to take away a persons livelihood without a care in the world. They spend thousands of dollars on new manager training only to completely wipe out 90% of them in the first year alone. I have never worked for such a conniving and manipulative company in my entire life. The everyday practices are demeaning and borderline abusive. They use tactless and relentless mind torture maneuvers to "run" employees away. 'Awful"
Pros
salary
Cons
harassing, demeaning and threatening of employees
Mixed
Retail (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 14, 2013
Change in management created a challenging work environment. We sometimes wondered is today the day I am getting fired. Little positive feedback, lots of negative feedback. Managers get little support to create solutions to staff or staffing issues.
Pros
clothing allowance and pay
Cons
work environment
A Challenge
Corporate Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaMay 10, 2013
Your fit in the culture is important. Very little opportunity for growth and creativity.
Pros
compensation
Cons
old school thinking
Excellent environment to grown in the fashion world
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 29, 2013
Managing this location was one of the most rewarding experiences, to be able to develop my staff in to stylist and our costumers in to loyal shopper of the brand. I also enjoyed the travel to other location to train my peer to develop the same result in there own locations.
Pros
10, 000.00 clothing allotment, travel, events
Cons
change in culture and values with new ownership.
No possibility to grow.
Wardrobe Specialist-Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Forum Shops, Las VegasFebruary 17, 2014
Typical day at work is very boring.
Very slow Traffic.
Management changing every three months.
No possibility to grow , very low base pay,and big pressure to make
monthly goal ,which is the hardest part.
Co-Workers are good,but management does not appreciate them.
Pros
good co-workers and kitchen area.
Cons
management.
BEST JOB EVER
WARDROBE SPECIALIST/KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  LAS VEGASJuly 17, 2013
Started as a Stock Associate in 2004 then got promoted in 2008.
Learned so much thing with this Company. Opening/Closing, Merchandising,Inventory,Wardrobe Specialist,Event Coordinator,Problem Solving and Clienteling. Management were
very helpful and supportive.
St. John Knits is well-known company
single needle (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2012
I worked St.John Knits for eight and half years.I was single needle.Sewing of sleeves,packet,collar and jacket.It was team work.I enjoyed it very much .I was laid-off last year.I really like getting back to working.
Pros
health insurance, 401k, vacations
Cons
2 breaks time per day
It was an interesting place to work. I really enjoyed woring with legal team even though it was tempoary.
(Consultant) Corporate Paralegal Robert Half Legal (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 28, 2013
I believe this would have been a great company to work for. My time there was only temporary so I did not really have the opportunity to really get to know the company. My responsibilities were right on track with my background. It was nice to be there and work in an area that I was familiar with. Given the opportunity, I would like to work there on a full time basis.
Pros
exposre to a new industry.
Cons
it was temporary.
apparel
marketing
management
Assistant Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  AAugust 6, 2014
At St John I am resposible for coaching and assisting Wardrobe Specialist to efficiently and effectively build and maintain their individual selling such they are providing sales to the store. I over see the shipping and receiving, operations and customer service. The hardest part of this job is the slow pace that we encounter during certain times of the year. The best part is the relationships that I have made with both my staff and clients.
Talented and fun employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine CaliformiaNovember 13, 2014
St. John is filled with super dedicated and talented people. I have the upmost respect for the young women in Sales and Marketing who work so hard and believe in the beautiful product.
I loved working for this company
Stock Coordinator / End User Support (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 24, 2013
Best place to work.. The best people to talk to. They really take care of you here.
Pros
everything
Cons
because its a place for the rich, people can be rude and think they deserve special treatment.