St. John Ambulance

St. John Ambulance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working with others and helping injured people
Medical First Responder (Current Employee), Port Moody, BCJanuary 13, 2014
We provide health care for people in public community events
We treat injured patients and take care of them until they are safe and secure
Community Involvement
Co-operative education student/Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2013
• First Aid training, CPR
• Community event first aider, perform first aid to anyone in need at any community events, rescued people who got into accidents until further medical assistance arrive
• Coordinate and manage events volunteer to the event hosts to best perform our skills to the events
Fun Work Place
St. John Ambulance Volunteer Medical Responder (Current Employee), Sydney, NSMay 28, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we help people.
Great people who go above and beyond.
Fun place meeting people who are nice and skillful and eager to help
First Aid volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2012
First aid jobs at big events happening at the city. Good thing is, most of the time, we were just there to watch, not a lot of people got injured when I was on duty.
We have our division meetings regularly to practice our first aid and CPR skills. Also we invited a lot of speakers from other St. John Ambulance Divisions to give us medical related talks.
Great way meet people and make a difference in the community.
Office Administrator/ Acct (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJuly 6, 2012
Never a dull moment! Always something new, fun, challenging, stressful,.... customer service related issues and always found a way to solve them. Building friendships and relationships with the clients and volunteers was amazing!
I learned what it's like to be part of a community.
I enjoyed working there beyond words!
The hardest part was leaving......
Management – more... was ok.....supportive and fun to work with – less
Lovely work.
Ambulance Driver / Attendant (Former Employee), Bicester, ENGApril 3, 2014
I was engaged in helping people get to there desitinations when care was required along there journey. Great job, Great support.
Volunteering & Paid Employment
Emergency Ambulance Officer / Divisional Officer (Former Employee), NeathJanuary 10, 2014
In this position I have the responsibility of overseeing a substantial part of my division. My job includes holding and organising meetings with relevant members and event organisers and drawing up action plans and systems in order to optimize the way in which the division works. It is also my duty to work with the treasurer in order to work out forecasts – more... of incomings from operations in order to budget for outgoings on operational equipment purchased. Volunteers and Staff overseen – 130. – less
Fun and informative volunteering
First Aid Volunteer (Current Employee), WolverhamptonOctober 11, 2013
St John Ambualnce allow you to visit events that appeal to you such as the Grand Theatre and the Molineux, and you get the oppurtunity to practice valuable first aid skills.
Great
County Cadet (Former Employee), Milton KeynesJune 9, 2013
I volunteered at the organisation before going to uni and have started up again. It has been amazing fun whilst being hard work, the hardest thing is staying calm in difficult situations and the most enjoyable is knowing that you help someone.
great place to work
Stores Manager (Former Employee), St John's, NLNovember 21, 2011
Pros: friends and conferences
Cons: the pay
made some great friends and the job was great as well. dealt with the general public everyday, either through the stores Dept or by teaching First Aid.