St. John Ambulance

St. John Ambulance Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible place to work
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good instructors
Cons: no help or back up from h/o when there are management issues.
I was employed with what I thought was a great organization, the office staff was cold, unwelcoming and unable to train you or spend any time wanting to. Mean to customers and staff, very unprofessional and when you spoke up or made suggestions you were not spoken to at all. The instructors were great, but current office staff are nasty to and about them as well as other members of the office ,and very unsupportive. Very bad management, no help, communication, backup, training,listening,working as a team,Unless your a friend then all is well.
Fun and rewarding challenge
Instructor (Current Employee), Kamloops and VernonDecember 18, 2014
Pros: keeps me up to date on first aid
Cons: not enough hours
I am a first aid instructor so for me a typical day involves teaching one of the many classes we provide.

I learn a bit about how people learn and what it is like to be an instructor. However, for me personally, I am constantly learning ways put the most information into people and keep examples interesting in ways I think my students will absorb.

I very rarely deal with co-workers because there is no team team; kinda makes me sad because I'm such a social person.

the hardest part of my job is dealing with, what from where I'm sitting, seems like excessive red tape.

The most enjoyable part of my job handing out a certificate to someone knowing I enabled them to save lives in their future travels.
Good Company
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, onNovember 27, 2014
Great Experience
Good Environment
co workers are great and flexible enviroment , great place to work and great pay!!!

Company is great no one bugs you as along as all tasks are competed.
Very large organization with administrative issues.
First Aid Attendant/ Instructor (Current Employee), Duncan, BCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: low renumeration
The St. John organization has been instrumental in both my personal and professional development.
It is through this organization I have developed my instructional capabilities.
In order to manage any organization of this size there will always be problems that arise due to it's sheer size. For the most part they have capable and adept people in place there that rise to meet all of the challenges.
The current Branch Manager I am working for is very good in that position.
Over the course of my time there I have been fortunate to develop several true friendships and everyone has a very positive attitude.
As for what the hardest part of the job is and what the most enjoyable part of the job is, they are both connected.
Having to deal with the public can sometimes be difficult, but on the flip side of the coin that is where the most job satisfaction comes from. Connecting with people and delivering to them the skill sets necessary to save lives is very stimulating and fulfilling.
Review of St. John Ambulance
First aid responder (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: lots of events, free food, lots to learn, new people to meet
Cons: re-evaluation every 3 years
All the members are really fun to be around and we learn a bit of first aid every two weeks.
Volunteer
Master of Ceremony (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
I only volunteered to MC for two of their annual inspections. It was a pleasant and fun experience volunteering for them. The people were very nice and helped answer my questions. Overall, it was a great experience and I recommend volunteering for them to anyone.
Working with others and helping injured people
Medical First Responder (Current Employee), Port Moody, BCJanuary 13, 2014
We provide health care for people in public community events
We treat injured patients and take care of them until they are safe and secure
Community Involvement
Co-operative education student/Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2013
• First Aid training, CPR
• Community event first aider, perform first aid to anyone in need at any community events, rescued people who got into accidents until further medical assistance arrive
• Coordinate and manage events volunteer to the event hosts to best perform our skills to the events
Fun Work Place
St. John Ambulance Volunteer Medical Responder (Current Employee), Sydney, NSMay 28, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we help people.
Great people who go above and beyond.
Fun place meeting people who are nice and skillful and eager to help
First Aid volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2012
First aid jobs at big events happening at the city. Good thing is, most of the time, we were just there to watch, not a lot of people got injured when I was on duty.
We have our division meetings regularly to practice our first aid and CPR skills. Also we invited a lot of speakers from other St. John Ambulance Divisions to give us medical related talks.
Great way meet people and make a difference in the community.
Office Administrator/ Acct (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJuly 6, 2012
Never a dull moment! Always something new, fun, challenging, stressful,.... customer service related issues and always found a way to solve them. Building friendships and relationships with the clients and volunteers was amazing!
I learned what it's like to be part of a community.
I enjoyed working there beyond words!
The hardest part was leaving......
Management was ok.....supportive and fun to work with
great place to work
Stores Manager (Former Employee), St John's, NLNovember 21, 2011
Pros: friends and conferences
Cons: the pay
made some great friends and the job was great as well. dealt with the general public everyday, either through the stores Dept or by teaching First Aid.