We are hiring a full-time cook/chef to add to our dynamic team. We are St. John’s Institute, located at 11024 – 82 Avenue. We are a unique residence, and an arts and culture facility that offers great food to our residents and in house catering to a diverse audience. We also offer extensive off-site catering for events of all types. Our residents are a younger demographic from around the globe, that appreciate great flavors, great cooking and a friendly creative environment.
Our Culinary Team
Our chefs are the front line ambassadors of the service experience we offer and represent our commitment to excellent food, great living conditions and a hub of cultural and artistic activities. We are looking for positive, like-minded candidates who take pride in their culinary creations and strive to be the best at what they do. We are looking for a great chef who has the same forward vision to join our team and promote our facility as one of the best to live in, visit or work in.
We promote and actively encourage a work environment that employees look forward to being a part of, where there is opportunity for growth and where further training is supported. The vibe is one of energy, activity, community and a great place to work. A positive attitude is definitely required. When you’re on, you’re the face of our organization. Our philosophy, “Never assume you’re not being observed”.
The Job Requirements
- Design and plan your own menu and related shopping list (either a breakfast and lunch shift or dinner shift)
- Prepare and serve meals that are well-balanced, delicious, visually appealing, innovative, creative and within the budget provided, to the residents and guests of St. John’s Institute.
- Cater events that require your menu specialties and service the event until the completion of food service.
- Handle, store, stock and prepare all food and food ingredients, in accordance with Food Safe Alberta Health Services
- Re-stock refrigerators, clean counters, tables, food storage areas, kitchen equipment and other kitchen/dining room equipment as needed.
- Starting wage: $18.50 per hour to potential increase to $20 per hour after six months
- Opportunity for growth
- Planning your own menu and working independently
- Opportunity to work with well-known chefs in the city of Edmonton.
If this sounds interesting, come in and see if we are equally interested. Please send a resume or apply within.