The Groundskeeper works with the Grounds team to maintain and enhance all exterior areas of the St. George’s School properties (two main campuses and several smaller residential sites). Grounds areas include playing fields (four), tennis courts (four), running track, parking areas, pathways, gardens and hard-landscaping (fences, retaining walls, etc.).
- 1 year experience with soft and hard landscaping.
- Horticultural and turf experience an asset.
- Irrigation experience is considered an asset.
- Pesticide applicators license preferred.
- High level of physical energy.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Commitment to an independent school work environment.
- Current Class 5 or higher BC Driver’s License.
- Key competencies and EQ in the following areas: self-awareness, self-management, empathy, social expertness, initiative, and accountability.
For a complete job profile and details on how to apply, please visit our website at www.stgeorges.bc.ca/careers.
Indeed - 12 months ago