Posting for Site Supervisor
Please submit interest letter and resume to Rosanna Lacalamita, Masci, Executive Director, St. Gabriel Child Care Centre by March 6th
Position: Site Supervisor/Coordinator
Site Supervisor/Coordinator position will be at one of the various sites (St. Gabriel, St. Gregory, St. Peters, St. Clement, or St Francis) and subject to rotation at Management’s discretion. Split shift hours will apply depending on the centre.
Reports to: Executive Director
The Site Supervisor of St. Gabriel Child Care manages and supervises the sites operations and the children’s educational program, with all inter-related components: physical plant, staff supervision and training, children’s programming, liaison with parents, host school, community resources, social agencies, students in training, volunteers and consultants and the Days Nurseries Act, Regulations and Centre’s Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for meeting with prospective parents to explain the enrolment policies/procedures and complete all required documentation including-, family child information, medical, collection of fees and record payments, prepares and submits to the Board of Directors all statistical information related to parent/child population including family enrolment status and children's progress reports.
- Prepares all statistical information for the bookkeeper/accountant: such as, salaries, hourly paid employees, absentee records, vacation entitlement, mileage, resignations, promotions and annual medical records. In addition to the occurrences of the Centre, i.e. sickness, accidents, fire drills, etc. as required by the Day Nurseries Act and Regulations.
- Maintains records/schedules as required by bookkeeper/accountant and approved by the Treasurer; maintains records of fees received from parents, prepares bills for same; and prepares all site bank deposits.
- Assists in the supervision of staff and assist in hiring new staff by being on the interview panel, conducting orientations and training, student field placements, and community services volunteers- conducts ongoing individual supervision, i.e. goal setting, staff development, counseling and annual evaluations, disciplines when required-, observes staff in activity room, participates in ongoing team meetings and parent interviews.
- Inspects Centre operations to ensure proper standards for food services and cleanliness are adhered to.
- Assists the Executive Director with monitoring and controlling the Centre's budgets; projects needs and maintains adequate supply of equipment and materials on a regular basis, locates, purchases and delivers supplies; submits to the Executive Director a requisition request order for purchases exceeding $500.00.
- With the Executive Director, projects the needs of the building repairs; projects the maintenance of the playground to ensure the safety of the children, submits to the Board of Directors, building maintenance and programs equipment estimates for annual budget, monitors expenditures to budget.
- Consults with other agencies, staff, students, parents, doctors, community health nurses, public health inspector, Early Intervention Supervisor, Community Health nurses regarding integration, case conferences, field practicum and other programs available to the child.
- Consults with M.C.S.S. program advisor regarding program and license and Community Support Services regarding children they have referred to the program.
- Responds to parents regarding various matters, ie. fees, medication, health, clothing, food, community services, etc.
- Ensures ratios are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for the nutritional requirements of the children are being met in accordance with the Day Nurseries Act and Regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that policies and procedures as set forth by Board of Directors are followed at all times.
- Ensures that the daily duties of the staff are being carried out as per the Day Nurseries Act and Regulations.
- Assists with the supervision, orientation, training, evaluation and discipline of the staff; and assigns staff to age groups.
- Ensures adequate supply of all necessary equipment and materials.
- Maintain health and safety procedures in accordance with prescribed policies, laws and regulations.
- Evaluates the program to ensure it meets the needs of individual children and the needs of the group
- Participate in assessment meetings with Supervisor and outside agencies and make program recommendations
- Solicits parent feedback regarding their child on a daily basis; listen to parental concerns and respond appropriately; act as a resource to parents regarding issues such as child development, age appropriateness, etc.; provide support and empathy to parents while maintaining a professional and objective relationship with them.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, that are in accordance with job responsibilities or necessary
- A diploma or Degree in Early Childhood Education from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory capacity, in a Day Nursery with children of the same age level.
- Two to five years experience in an Early Childhood Education program, working in an integrated setting with children of all age groups.
- Current Red Cross or Standard St. John Ambulance certificate in First Aid and Infant and Child CPR.
- Membership in the College of ECE.
- Certification with the College of Early Childhood in good standing.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Working knowledge of the Day Nurseries Act and Regulations.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Software.
- A clear Vulnerable Screening Police Check with no negative contact. This is to be resubmitted every two years at the centre’s expense at the discretion of the Director.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions regarding difficult situations based on knowledge of the Day Nurseries Act and the policies and procedures of the child care center.
- Private vehicle and valid driver's license.
- Familiarity with children's adaptive devices an asset.
- Calculator, personal computer, fax machine, telephone, photocopier.
- Basic tools necessary to perform minor maintenance and repairs.
Indeed - 20 months ago