St. Francis Xavier University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
good place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS6 November 2017
Typical day at work is to go in and do your chores, cleaning, etc. Breaks are good, most of the people are good to work with. For the most part, people get along with each other.
Pros
paid lunch
Fun and Easy
Lab Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS15 September 2017
Casual setting to relearn material from earlier courses. The staff are all lovely to work with and the hours are enough that you can still get coursework done.
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS20 May 2017
Great environment to coach in. Great place to work with great people to be around. Overall great atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone looking to coach.
Good Student Jobs
Student Marker (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS11 May 2017
Gives students a variety of employment opportunities. This allows for the student to interact with professors and other faculty members, and gives them a chance to expand their knowledge in their area of study.
StFX rewview
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Antigonish, NS1 May 2017
StFX is a great place to work. The atmosphere, values and goals of the institution make me proud to be a part of it. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Amazing school, many job opportunities
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Antigonish, NS10 April 2017
St Francis Xavier is great school. It provides many jobs, research and others for undergrad students. Allowing students with experience early on in their careers.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Antigonish, NS21 February 2017
I love my job as a Library Assistant. The Angus L MacDonald Library has taught me so much over the years and I am so happy to have spent the majority of my under graduate experience working there.
We Play Hard, and Work Harder
Audio Engineer (Current Employee) –  Antigonish, NS6 January 2017
St. Francis Xavier University is one of a kind, with the X-Ring being the third most prestigious ring in the world next to the Pope's ring, and the Superbowl Ring. The Gerald Schwartz School of Business has taught me more than I possibly imagined learning when I first started here several years ago.

I recently completed my music minor, learning from some of the most incredible music professors I have personally ever come across. It has been an amazing opportunity to study business here in Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
Pros
one on one lessons with professors that are completely flexible to your schedule
Cons
You have to be driven, nothing comes easy at this University
Interesting and fun
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Antigonish11 June 2015
Decent student pay for part-time work. An interesting job interacting with many people in a fun and relaxed environment
Co-curricular Employment
Plant and Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS8 November 2013
Fabulous employer, allowing me to work co-circularly while completing my studies. I provided animal and plant care and worked completely autonomously completing routine maintenance tasks.
Review
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS8 August 2012
A very good experience, good coworkers and a constantly posative environment. Will not soon forget.
Pros
working amongst the student population
Cons
several unionized employees with negative attitudes