Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement, the Associate Director of Development (ADD) is responsible for the leadership and management of all annual fundraising program, operations and donor recognition activities for the School. This position will work closely with a team of alumnae and annual fundraising professionals and ensure integration with communications and community relations.
The ADD will work closely with the Executive Director of Advancement and a Campaign Cabinet to develop, launch and manage the upcoming major gifts campaign. This includes the planning and implementation of campaign activity and the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts to the School. The ADD will also have his/her own discrete portfolio of major gifts prospects.
The ADD will oversee and build a strong operational infrastructure, including business processes, database management and financial planning. Database management responsibilities include the maintenance, documentation, use and support of computer-based Advancement information systems.
The ideal candidate is an effective relationship builder and communicator, analytical in terms of systems and business processes; and has the fundraising acumen skills to grow existing and develop new and dynamic fundraising programs. The successful candidate will be the individual who is looking for an opportunity to further develop their fundraising and major gift skills and lead a team of development professionals in building innovative programs for St. Clement’s School.
- Advance the School’s mission through the development of integrated annual and major gift fundraising programs.
- Work closely with the ED on the strategic development and launch of the campaign, including campaign cabinet recruitment and management, proposal development and prospect management.
- Manage and lead the development and implementation of a major gift campaign infrastructure in terms of database systems, tracking and report generation.
- Support the ED of Advancement and the Principal to ensure they have the tools they need to make cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls (this will involve research and proposal writing, strategy development and report generation)
- Lead the School’s moves management and prospect identification processes
- Cultivate, solicit and steward 10-25 individuals each year
- Develop, motivate, and manage a Development Officer
- Manage and support the School’s Advancement Committee, as well as other senior volunteer leadership to assist in seeking funds from the community.
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve the efficiency of current database systems and establish new protocols and procedures to support the on-going advancement activities of the School.
- Lead overall management of Raiser’s Edge software including updating database policies and procedures, keeping current on new releases and working with IT to deploy them, troubleshooting database issues with Blackbaud, monitoring the integrity of the data and overseeing data entry, data output and training.
- Lead the processes around advancement operations, including but not limited to: database management, research, proposal writing, stewardship reporting, and financial reporting.
- In partnership with the Associate Director of Alumnae and Donor Relations manage the development and implementation of stewardship programs and donor recognition events.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A university degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive fundraising experience, with demonstrated success in the management of annual and major gift fundraising programs.
- Demonstrated success in soliciting and cultivation prospects and closing gifts.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills including experience in goal setting, motivating, leading, evaluating and developing a capable team of professionals.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, presenting and implementing Annual Plans and developing concise recommendations for programs.
- Experience in collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, particularly senior volunteer leadership.
- Experience developing and managing donor recognition programs and stewardship.
- Proven ability to prepare and present brief and yet comprehensive reports or presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong IT skills and a willingness and aptitude to develop these skills; uses databases efficiently and accurately.
- Experience and technical expertise with Raiser’s Edge.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong professional presence.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive and results-focused, with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven finance and budgeting skills.
- Knowledge of CRA charitable donation regulations and Canadian tax implications as they pertain to charitable giving and planned giving vehicles.
- CFRE an asset.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We support and encourage ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities. As a condition of employment, a criminal record check is required.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward a letter of application and a detailed résumé by Friday, November 8th to:
Human Resources, St. Clement’s School,
21 St. Clements Avenue, Toronto, ON M4R 1G8,
To learn more about St. Clement’s School, please visit our website at www.scs.on.ca
St Clement’s is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.