Moore Agricultural Society – Home of the Brigden Fair
is accepting applications for a Secretary.
Successful applicants with this non-profit organization will possess the following skills & qualifications:
- Demonstrated computer experience related to MS Office - MS Word, MS Access, MS Publisher, MS Excel, internet, Bookkeeping, Webpage updates
- Strong communication, listening, interpersonal , organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be a team player, able to multi task with exceptional time management skills
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong work ethic, able to work independently
- Previous Agricultural Society experience would be an asset.
- Must be bondable
Duties will include but not restricted to:
- Type & proofread correspondence, forms, fair prize book & other documents
- Receive & forward telephone or electronic enquiries
- Maintain & prepare reports from manual or electronic files
- Sort, process and verify entries for Brigden Fair
- Compile data as needed
- Provide general information to public
- Photocopy, collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Carry out administration activities of organization
- Order supplies and maintain inventory
- Service office equipment and arrange for servicing in the case of major repairs
- Bookings of meeting, events, exhibition hall, follow up
- Bookkeeping skills would be an asset
- Secretarial Duties – eg) record and type minutes of Board and Executive meetings
Work conditions – Although a small office, can be a fast paced environment requiring exceptional customer service skills and working under pressure during times of tight deadlines. Interact with a board of directors.
Rate of Pay based on 30 hour week but will be required to attend additional evening monthly meetings and work extended hours necessary during peak periods (ie September, October , prior to and during Brigden Fair). Starting Salary $12/hr.
More detailed job description will be provided to those chosen for an interview.
How to Apply:
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
No Phone calls. Send resume and cover letter:
Moore Agricultural Society
2976 Brigden Road
Brigden, Ontario N0N 1B0
Re: Secretarial Position
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date is Friday, April 5, 2013.