St. Andrew’s United Church
1044 St. Georges Avenue, North Vancouver, BC
St. Andrew's United Church has been part of North Vancouver's community for 100 years. We are searching for a team-oriented, solution-minded person to help us grow into the future.
Position: Office Administrator
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am – 1 pm (20 hours weekly)
Salary: $18 - $20/hour commensurate with experience and qualifications plus United Church of Canada benefits
The position of Office Administrator requires an administrative professional with excellent problem-solving skills, superb organizational and time management skills, strong diplomacy and good common sense. Keen attention to detail, deadlines and results is imperative. Additionally, as this is a highly interactive role, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also needed. Working with the Accountant and Treasurer and assisting with the maintenance of the financial records of the congregation is an important part of this job.
The Office Administrator’s responsibilities include:
- Communicating with the public, renters, and members of the congregation by email, phone, and in person
- Office administration, membership database maintenance, and staff support
- Accounting support such as processing payable invoices, preparing cheque requisitions and cheques for signature, posting monthly financial transactions into Quickbooks, assisting the Accountant and Treasurer as required
- Room rentals and building management
- Previous office and accounting experience
- Highly proficient computer and social media skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); Quickbooks; Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphic programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Maintains staff and parishioner confidentiality
- Ability to be empathetic yet discreet, but not become pastorally involved
- Experience working in a non-profit organization with volunteers is an asset
Indeed - 10 months ago
We are a church community in North Vancouver in the midst of transition. We value our historical location and within our 100 year old...