St Paul's Hospital Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Had to be on my toes keeping track of everything that went on.
Unit Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Working with the public and doing the best at what my jobs were.
Cons: 12 hour shifts
A typical day at work was Sitting at the Clerk desk and keeping track of the patients that came through and making sure if any orders that were needed were complete by the end of my shift.
I also worked on the floor doing stocking, keeping the rooms stocked up with supplies, ordering supplied and porting patients to the wards or for tests.
I got along with all the staff and enjoyed the humor we shared.
Just working with the public gave me a learning experience building trust and confidentiality.
Always opportunities for growth
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2015
constantly learning in rapidly changing environments with proper support to staff members. Employees are valued and encouraged to attend courses and continue their education
Enjoyed support of coworkers and participating in holidays
Bed Booking/Admitting clerk (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 13, 2012
Pros: good health care benefits
Cons: shift work
I was well received at work and although hospital hours can be difficult I enjoyed the staff. I would admit inpatients and emergency patients. For five years I was the bed booking clerk and I had to confer between the nurses, doctors, patients and housekeeping. I learned so much, mainly medical knowledge and about social responsibilities. The hardest part of the job was not always being able to attend to patients needs. Also, I was very busy and sometimes short staffed. I loved working with people and being part of a team.