St Joseph's Health Centre Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
good management nice environment better pay. team work. looking after emplyee. ganing hood experiences. employable work place.
security guard (Current Employee) –  toronto28 February 2017
I personally feel it is great to serve in such type of organization. Where work place isdecent nice wellfare good management team work exist and good all benefit are given to guard. I feel this is good salary offered so far i have seen. I feel jappy to work in jospital meeting different people serving patients. It is an golden opportunity to join such good organization. Thankd.
Pros
not needed
Cons
not problem
Ok if you're working just fot the money
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
Trend to get rid of workers once they're a bit older and replace them with younger ones.
Management lacks knowledge and skill to be able to do a proper job. They cave into pressure to replace older workers with younger ones.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Once you're in your fifties you may be out of a job.
Nice community
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
People in the organization are by and large friendly and helpful until management decides to side with their own assistants and disregard human resources issues. Poor senior management and support, no accountability mechanism and highly political.
Pros
Nice community, some very good RNs, staff and patients
Cons
Long hours, poor management, toxic environment, poor pay in relation to work hours
Good work place
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Comox, BC7 January 2017
Busy and very productive office for small staff. Can be stressful at times due to budget and provincial cuts. Overall, good people and I would love to work with them again.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Provincial cuts
Hospital Workplace
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 November 2015
Typical Hospital Workplace. Long hours and understaffed. Very Clean. Organized. Decent amount of politics involved, but that is expected working within a hospital.
Community experience
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 September 2015
Great community sensibility but major staffing and management issues. Due to low income area, emergency is always packed. Building is due for many renovations and upgrades. Overall, good experience but highly do not recommend for personal long term satisfaction
Cons
Understaffing, and management issues
Great staff that helped nursing students
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
I enjoyed doing my clinical placements at St. Joseph's. The staff was extremely helpful and they made it easy for us as nursing students to learn. A typical day was just coming in, researching on our patients and getting morning report. Duties included any care that was needed, medication administration, participating in rounds that took place for an hour in the morning and reporting to our instructor, nurse we were buddied with and the physician.
Pros
Very helpful staff
Cons
Other students from other schools, sharing patients.
Outreach department
Junior Programmer- Outreach (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 October 2014
short staffed, overworked, expectations too high. not to mention no benefits or paid vacation. Of course this depends on your position, I've heard of higher-ups having all these important things.
Pros
Very nice friendly co-workers. everyone is lovely here
Cons
poor pay rate and no benefits
Great place to work with fabulous people
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2014
This was a great place to work. Co-workers were very helpful and both management and employees made you feel very special.

They are always striving to be better at what they do..