St John Ambulance Employee Reviews

nice but lonely
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St.Johns9 February 2018
Enjoyed working her . Learned a lot of different things and was trained in first aid and CPR. did not like that I was alone most days.
The person in charge needed better management skills.
Great Work Environment
First Aid & CPR (AED) Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 January 2018
Great Company, lots of opportunity for advancement and additional training.

Opportunities for volunteering and community service

Excellent benefitsm
Incredible work environment, extremely supportive
Business/Fund Development Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 January 2018
During my time at St. John, I always started the day looking forward to going to work. The people were not only outstanding, but happy to help a new time Summer Student.

I would highly recommend this job for any person looking for a upbeat job with wonderful people.
Pros
Sociable, underling, good hours, travel
Cons
N/a
Amazing opportunity, wonderful atmosphere
Volunteer, Toronto2015 Pan Am Games (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 January 2018
Volunteered during the Toronto2015 Pan Am Games - the volunteers were absolutely phenomenal staff, some of whom spent two years preparing for the games. Great coworkers, great environment. Would relish the opportunity to volunteer again.
Pros
Great networking, great staff, doing something good for the city
Cons
This was a frustrating job
Administrative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC12 January 2018
I would not work for them again as I found the upper management not very good or helpful. I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned lots. This was 9 years agao
Great Contract work
First Aid Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 October 2017
Great place, although they are non-profit so it's only contract work. The pay is fine based on a per-day, I wish they would offer full time position. A "typical day" depends greatly on the course you are teaching. It could be a One day course for 6 hours and up to 8hrs a day for a week.
Pros
Great workinghours
Cons
Limited full time roles
Good people to work.
CPR and First Aid instructor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 October 2017
Very friendly and approachable people who want and expect the best from who is instructing the various courses that are offered. Fascilitates a professional learning environment in and out of the classroom.
Pros
Casual work
Cons
Casual work
St. John Ambulance
First Aid Instructor (Occasional) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 September 2017
The pay is decent for a contract job. You can set your own schedule, but sometimes it is hard to get a branch to contract with you. They don't receive feedback from their contractors well. Sometimes have unrealistic expectations of the instructor and their target audience (incredibly fast-paced material in a short amount of time, many students are ESL and don't understand)
Management are not on the same page
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 August 2017
Detailed record keeping was not happening. Hopefully with new technology and new management things have changed. Unrealistic expectations and time frame.
productive
Instructor (CPR & First Aid) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2017
A great opportunity to teach something I am passionate about which is first aid and CPR. By doing so it has given me the confidence to handle pretty well any emergency situation.
Pros
teaching
Cons
no work
part time
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK14 August 2017
no recognition for performance , managers not helpful, isolated by location no support for training , no incentives for training advancement , old outdated equiptment
Pros
work alone
Cons
micromanager manager
Great Volunteer Experiences
Volunteer Outreach Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2017
A typical day at St.Johns Ambulance consists of 2 hours of learning, whether it is hands on/practical experience or its watching videos/ powerpoints. You learn a lot about first aid.
Pros
Free lunch
Set Your Own Hours
FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2017
Instructors determine how much they want to teach and when(day time, evening or weekend courses). Have branches and other teaching locations throughout the Peel/Dufferin region .
Volunteer Role
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
This is a volunteer role. You basically get out of it what you put into it. This includes training, teaching, offering up your skills and learning. The more you do, the better you feel.
Pros
Too many to identify
Cons
Nice facility, easy access with parking.
First Aid Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2017
New building built in the NE Calgary. Very clean with lots of room for conduct practical exercises. Plenty of parking for instructors. Classrooms are set up with computers and large screens.
Great experience.
First Aid Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON30 March 2017
Saint John Ambulance is a great experience for children. I volunteered in the youth group. We were given free courses, and got to go on outings with real MFR's.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Boring classroom
Great People!
First Aid and Health Care Provider Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
Fellow instructors demonstrate sincere interest and willingness to aid in the development of lesson plans to teach life-saving skills. A fun, dynamic & positive work environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low wages.
Great first job.
Maintenance and Cleaning Contractor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 January 2017
Multi-tasking position that required numerous positions to be filled in this twenty table bistro, including dishwashing, kitchen organization, and helping to maintain the restaurant's cleanliness and overall functionality
great place
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2016
worked here for almost 10 years now and still enjoy coming to work when i teach. great people and great instructors. not alot of mentoring but, still a great place to be.
Its Productive, and its fun to work with, people around here are so friendly
Glazier, Glass Finishing Machine Operator, (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB. Ca.17 September 2016
I've learned a lot of things while working in this company, the management are great, they introduce me very in work environment, they train me very well. About my co-workers, they were so friendly and helpful, we are watching each others back. and about the hardest part of the job is for me of course at first its kinda hard a little bit to memorize everything but as I've said if you have good people around you and train you well, you can conquer almost everything.
and for me the most enjoyable part of the job is first you must love your job, you must love what you're doing, enjoy it and brace it..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.