SSI Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
its ok
Market research interviewer (Former Employee), Davao City, P11January 30, 2016
I enjoyed this job because i am able to use my communication skills to foreign consumers.It enhanced my speaking skills
Fun workplace, not difficult work
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee), Praha, STJanuary 2, 2016
Cons: long hours
Well you cannot complain about working in here, but for those ones who work here full-time it might be very crucial as they work 12 -14 hours a day.
Develop applications to meet client needs.
Contract - Web Application Developer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Pros: flexible time periods for project development and completions status review.
Cons: small company with large client base for applicaiton request.
Review, Design, and Implement software applications and publish to production servers. Provide technical support to end users and document user training process for library research and best practice approach to resolve user related issues.
labourer (Former Employee), Redcar and Cleveland, ENGNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time at grove hill self build and made a lot of good friends and gained a lot of experience regarding the construction trade.
Shif Senior Chemist
Senior analytical chemist (Former Employee), TeessideOctober 25, 2015
A typical day at work included me organizing a team of analysts in a fast paced laboratory. I would calibrate various analytical instruments.
I learned many different analytical techniques.
SSI / CORUS - SHIFT TEAM LEADER/ SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Middlesbrough, ENGOctober 22, 2015
I used to work 12 hour shifts, 2 days 2nights which I enjoyed very much. I started as a labourer within British steel and progressed to be a shift manager. I enjoyed most parts of my job, working as a team or as an individual. I had a good team to work with and great support from my manager. I didn't enjoy the red tape and politics part of my job when I progressed to be the shift manager but that was just part of the role, other than that I really enjoyed my time in the steel industry.
production operator
Production Operator (Current Employee), Redcar, ENGOctober 20, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: 12 hour shifts
wanted to get into company for a long time finally did and the place went into liquidation, very good money and enjoyed working there
Lack of investment
Workshop Manager (Former Employee), TeessideOctober 11, 2015
Ran out of funds

Good company to work for at first then more challenging as time went by, due to price of Steel dropping sharply and therefore no long term strategy.

Good knowledgeable workforce, many of whom I had worked with for some time.

Very sad to see the demise of the Steel Industry

Good Management.

Good Atmosphere.

Fun working.

Learnt many skills.

Good freedom to work and learn.
I enjoyed my time at SSI
Instrument apprentice (Former Employee), Steel makingOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Work balance was excellent
Cons: No overtime
I enjoyed my time at SSI as I believe I learnt a lot in the time I spent there, it was unfortunate the way the company came to an end but I believe I am ready to move on the the next chapter.
Good
Electrical Crafstman (Current Employee), TeesideSeptember 19, 2015
Other than the fact they are in financial difficulty i enjoy working here. The people are good the managers ok and the job itself is enjoyable
Go to work and set up the room and staff for the day. I learned about people.I worded with many different types both men and women from 18 to 50.
Concert Promoter, Importer. Night club operator. (Former Employee), NYC.August 23, 2015
Pros: I got to see great talent, and people every day.
Cons: NONE.
It was the best jobs in the world for me.

I did not punch a clock or work 9/5
i was my own boss and loved working with others.

FOR 45 YEARS ITS WAS A INCREDIBLE RUN.
friendly and comfortable working environment
Spanish Language and Culture Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Overall friendly environment
Cons: materals need some updating
great group of basic language skills instructors fair management and aceptable schedules
the work requirements for the military personnel/students ar in accordance with their future requirements
Professional company with global business experience
Director of Manufacturing and Business Development (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Experience, training
This company is involved in developing business in the global automotive industry. This includes the sales of manufacturing materials and equipment.
Job summary
Supervisor/ Front desk (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZApril 14, 2015
Typical day at work was assisting agents, and making sure they understood everything that they where doing on the computer, Management was not so great, some of my co- workers where nice, helpful, and trustworthy, The hardest part of the job, was having to clock 160 people into the computer system, The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to help out my agents, and give them the advice they needed to the best of my ability.
competitive environment
Operations Team Leader (Former Employee), Lapu-Lapu City, P07February 19, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: long hours and sometimes are not paid ot
i find the work place very competitive even among different teams. it is also inconsistent in many aspect even in terms of giving out recognition/awards as motivation. it has a very good mix of character among co-workers which makes days in the office never thesame most of the time. Hardest part of the job is keeping management pleased while the most enjoyable part of the job is generally during pay days and when teams get to plan an out of the office activity.
Good work culture
Bhagalpur, Worked as Lab Coordinator (Former Employee), Bhagalpur, BRDecember 16, 2014
Very Good work culture but educational institute no new opportunity & work scope in this centre
productive workplace
Call Center agent (Former Employee), Davao City, P11November 30, 2014
Pros: free 1 meal
Cons: short hours
productive place for work there is enough space for the employees, very comfortable and the cafeteria and comfort rooms are accessible.
Management Excellent
Language instructor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: constant learning
Cons: lack of team work
I typical day for me was the excitement of teaching my language and culture.
I learned that it is important to always document situations.
My boss is an excellent boss. The Best!!!
Some excellent some unbelievable rude
The hardest part of my job is the absences of team work
See how my students developed into Spanish language and culture
productive and fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), ayala center cebu philippinesOctober 19, 2014
9am to 6 pm and 12pm to 9pm
selling is fun and easy
management is good
co workers are fun and teamwork
enjoyed a lot in selling