SSI Employee Reviews

They lie
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 17, 2016
They will the job title is a "Desktop Support Technician (PC Technician )" and they will say, "you are required to be A+ certified" but they submit you for jobs that don't even need an A+ certificate.

They tried to hire me to a job that required me to be Dell certified and if I wasn't then I would have to pay for the tests myself. They don't tell you that until you fill out there application that they will send to there client.

So then if you don't even get the job you pay for a Dell certification that you may have not wanted.

Do not fall for there schemes. If they were smart they would apply you to jobs that actually fit the A+ criteria and not try to make you get another certification.
Pros
Cons
They lie
High Stress
Agent (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 14, 2016
I was stressed out everyday. They made you feel poorly about yourself. They would call you out and yell at you in front of everybody when you could not get the numbers they wanted. It was like they had no idea how hard it was to get someone to take a survey. They would even threaten to fire you if you didn't meet the numbers they needed for the day/ night. Over all working there gave me anxiety. The worst part was they fired everybody with out a notice.
Cons
horrible hours, bad pay, high stress
Good teamwork
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North EastJuly 10, 2016
Enjoyed working at SSI met some great people there and gained some quality training and experience. We worked 12 hour shifts operating the plant and machinery there was a lot of physical and thinking work to be done so was never a dull day overall i really enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately due to the current steel market myself and my co workers were made redundant.
Pros
Excellent shift pattern
not very stable
telephone surveyor (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 8, 2016
Typical day at work is sitting at a desk making phone calls around the states giving surveys to people about the Presidential election.
What I learned is how to become a telephone representative.
Management is really rude.
My co-workers don't interact.
The job is really easy so not hard at all.
The enjoyable part is getting people to take a survey with you.
A very challenging job with a very reasonable pay
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Davao CityMay 12, 2016
Being a Market Research Interviewer is not an easy job.
You are actually calling to people where time is really valuable for them. We are actually calling the entire State of America to conduct different surveys from different clients that we have.
Didn't enjoy how random hours were
Caller (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 15, 2016
There was no set schedule, so it was hard to come into work. I live in another town and so I would head into work and then get a message from the boss that said to not come in. I would already almost be there. They weren't organized.
The workingg hours were long due to pressure to complete the work. But I enjoyed the work.
Manager Community/Stakeholder Relations (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape, Gauteng and LimpopoMarch 9, 2016
Starting work with enthusiasm but get calls from dissatisfied or disgruntled work force. The good part was when you come out of community meetings with a positive outcome, saving on unnecessary strikes. At the same time using such opportunities to contribute to refining some of the policies. coworkers were a good team as one's work depended on the success of the other, as such the support was very remarkable. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a striking workforce and having to negotiate to the latter. the most enjoyable moment is to see the project from start to finish.
Cons
Yes we worked longhours
fun and easy to get along colleagues
Domestic Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lapu-Lapu CityMarch 4, 2016
learned alot of things there, english communication became fluent, gained alot of friends and colleagues. realized the importance of teamwork , being open minded for comments for us to improve and took all of those as a challenge. i have gained confidence to myself in handling difficult projects and handling american agents and supervisors. realized that being a supervisor is not an easy task.
Pros
free lunches
Poor working environment
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMarch 1, 2016
The owner will entice you with a lot of smoke and mirrors.
A typical day is very disorganized and stressfull.
I have learned never to work for or recommend this company to anyone.
The so called management is haphazard, unknowledgeable of the position that they are in. Very abusive of the position.

Most of the co workers were great, easy to work with very team oriented. even though we were not team work oriented.

the hardest part of the job, dealing with the owner !!!
The most enjoyable part was making a customer who was very un happy due to the management very happy.
Pros
Cons
All Listed above
Great job
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Belridge,caAugust 26, 2016
Great job but of course your working in the oil industry and you never know when its going to crash. The people are most helpful and you learn a bunch of new skills.
Pros
Great hours and tons of money
Cons
Oil is unpredictable
Welcoming management
Mechanical Insulator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 24, 2016
The work and people I worked with were always supportive and did what they could to assist when I needed help with anything work related. Safety is important.
Pros
Free OSHA training for full-time employees
Cons
healthcare
Assebly Worker (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 22, 2016
Enthusiastic team, productive work. The shifts that you work can be hard but it is a rewarding company. SSI is a place I would recommend to work.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
it has fun while working with them. :)
SC/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  sm north edsaSeptember 26, 2016
it has fun while working with them. :) handle the customer with care, make all the responsibilities well & love with your job.
Develop applications to meet client needs.
Contract - Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Review, Design, and Implement software applications and publish to production servers. Provide technical support to end users and document user training process for library research and best practice approach to resolve user related issues.
Pros
flexible time periods for project development and completions status review.
Cons
small company with large client base for applicaiton request.
Some good days
Disability (Current Employee) –  Hughestown, PAMay 18, 2016
It has it's up and downs, some days are better then others. I am glad there are programs in place to help people in this situation.
AECOM management not good.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  VAMarch 17, 2016
SSI was a great company, but when AECOM bought them out everything went downhill. Upper management of finances completely ruined the company.
SSI / CORUS - SHIFT TEAM LEADER/ SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENGOctober 22, 2015
I used to work 12 hour shifts, 2 days 2nights which I enjoyed very much. I started as a labourer within British steel and progressed to be a shift manager. I enjoyed most parts of my job, working as a team or as an individual. I had a good team to work with and great support from my manager. I didn't enjoy the red tape and politics part of my job when I progressed to be the shift manager but that was just part of the role, other than that I really enjoyed my time in the steel industry.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
confirmIT (IA) Programmer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, IndiaFebruary 17, 2016
All my coworkers are good and culture is very good, I have learnt management skills, leading skills, leadership qualities
Fun workplace, not difficult work
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Praha, STJanuary 2, 2016
Well you cannot complain about working in here, but for those ones who work here full-time it might be very crucial as they work 12 -14 hours a day.
its ok
Market research interviewer (Former Employee) –  Davao City, P11January 30, 2016
I enjoyed this job because i am able to use my communication skills to foreign consumers.It enhanced my speaking skills