SSI Employee Reviews

It was a great experience working there. It was a clean and fun place.
QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu28 September 2016
SSI was a great company to work at.We always did pre-shift and post-shift meetings to remind the team of our goal. We give out our monitoring/ feedback sheets to our agents at real time.I learned to be more solution oriented and to always think critically on sharing ideas on possibly increasing individual performance. My co-workers were cooperative and competitive. They were goal-oriented and very pro-active. The hardest part of my job was to fail agents. It made me feel like I failed as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was every time we got to be recognized as the number 1 team across all departments.
Pros
Free meal, 8 hour work
Cons
Overtime for more that 3 hrs
They lie
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles17 September 2016
They will the job title is a "Desktop Support Technician (PC Technician )" and they will say, "you are required to be A+ certified" but they submit you for jobs that don't even need an A+ certificate.

They tried to hire me to a job that required me to be Dell certified and if I wasn't then I would have to pay for the tests myself. They don't tell you that until you fill out there application that they will send to there client.

So then if you don't even get the job you pay for a Dell certification that you may have not wanted.

Do not fall for there schemes. If they were smart they would apply you to jobs that actually fit the A+ criteria and not try to make you get another certification.
Pros
Cons
They lie
High Stress
Agent (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZ14 July 2016
I was stressed out everyday. They made you feel poorly about yourself. They would call you out and yell at you in front of everybody when you could not get the numbers they wanted. It was like they had no idea how hard it was to get someone to take a survey. They would even threaten to fire you if you didn't meet the numbers they needed for the day/ night. Over all working there gave me anxiety. The worst part was they fired everybody with out a notice.
Cons
horrible hours, bad pay, high stress
Finance Controller at SSI Service company
Finance controller / Database controller (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)27 September 2016
I learned lot of things for a finance controller job, how to use Microsoft Dynamics Navision, jet report (add for Excel). My direct co-worker was great, professional, patient.

During this experience, i had two manager: they were both great managers, really patient.

The hardest part of the job was to see that the atmosphere has deteriorated, because of bad results.

The most enjoyable part was from my first manager, a great guy, very kind, very patient.
Great
Remodel (Former Employee) –  Rome, GA20 October 2016
People were great to work with and always helpful. traveled all over the country. Meeting new people everywhere I went. Pay was really great. Management was wonderful to work for as well.
Pros
travel
Cons
away from family
Nice but very boring
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV15 November 2016
This job pays well. It is very easy but the only problem i have with it is that its very boring. You start falling asleep or coloring or tapping on the desk for hours. I also noticed some of the supervisors are rude. They laugh at you if you do something wrong and accidentally make you feel uncomfortable.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Very Boring
Productive and well organize
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cebu City, Cebu7 November 2016
In SSI A lot of learnings and at the same time a great experience for me as a new one in this company. Its not easy to handle such customer who are in hurry about the product that they are going to buy, but beacuse of SSI ive learned some idea to handle such thing.Smile, great the customer and start the selling process.
not very stable
telephone surveyor (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZ8 June 2016
Typical day at work is sitting at a desk making phone calls around the states giving surveys to people about the Presidential election.
What I learned is how to become a telephone representative.
Management is really rude.
My co-workers don't interact.
The job is really easy so not hard at all.
The enjoyable part is getting people to take a survey with you.
Ssi
Social Secuirty (Current Employee) –  Meadville, PA23 October 2016
Not really sure what to say a out social security besides I've been on it the last ten years and with my disability it definitely helps me out as well as being able to work so may hours it great it's not to much on my disability and work is just enough to me to servive
Good work environment
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL28 November 2016
We build homes from the ground up starting from the footer to the slab we even put block walls and tie beams.
But that's not all we even travel we've made the foundation for a Zatarain's building and a bud wiser building .
Pros
Relax work environment
Cons
Some hot summer days
not enough hours
CALL REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ17 November 2016
This company recently cut our hours back and I didn't have work for almost two weeks straight. I would like a job that not only pays better but has set hours.
Pros
The job duties were way to easy.
Cons
We only get one fifteen minute break.
Good teamwork
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North East10 July 2016
Enjoyed working at SSI met some great people there and gained some quality training and experience. We worked 12 hour shifts operating the plant and machinery there was a lot of physical and thinking work to be done so was never a dull day overall i really enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately due to the current steel market myself and my co workers were made redundant.
Pros
Excellent shift pattern
Fun workplace
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UT4 November 2016
Everyone was friendly. The supervisors were very considerate. They were also very flexible with your time if you had another job or were going to school. This job was so much fun.
Poor working environment
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, Florida1 March 2016
The owner will entice you with a lot of smoke and mirrors.
A typical day is very disorganized and stressfull.
I have learned never to work for or recommend this company to anyone.
The so called management is haphazard, unknowledgeable of the position that they are in. Very abusive of the position.

Most of the co workers were great, easy to work with very team oriented. even though we were not team work oriented.

the hardest part of the job, dealing with the owner !!!
The most enjoyable part was making a customer who was very un happy due to the management very happy.
Pros
Cons
All Listed above
Didn't enjoy how random hours were
Caller (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZ15 August 2016
There was no set schedule, so it was hard to come into work. I live in another town and so I would head into work and then get a message from the boss that said to not come in. I would already almost be there. They weren't organized.
Great job
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Belridge,ca26 August 2016
Great job but of course your working in the oil industry and you never know when its going to crash. The people are most helpful and you learn a bunch of new skills.
Pros
Great hours and tons of money
Cons
Oil is unpredictable
Interesting experience
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GA19 July 2013
At first, working for this company seemed really fun and laid back. Didn't have to look over my shoulder. Now, things are downright ridiculous. This company has proven to be one of the most disorganized companies I have ever worked for. Plus, they don't give raises, Christmas bonuses or any incentives. However, the job, itself, is not hard. Some of the other employees are cool to work with. The major problem is management and some of the other employees who all don't do their jobs, yet, get rewarded because they kiss up to him. This job is going downhill fast! Hate to see a good job like this go south.
Pros
coworkers, scope of work, $100 compensation for safety shoes
Cons
Favoritism of certain employees, novice management, disorganization of company, no opportunies to expand and grow
it has fun while working with them. :)
SC/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  sm north edsa26 September 2016
it has fun while working with them. :) handle the customer with care, make all the responsibilities well & love with your job.
Good team work
Junior Dot Net Engineer (Current Employee) –  Akrudi17 November 2016
Overall working time is good. We work together and share difficulty as well so that our projects finish in before deadline.
The workingg hours were long due to pressure to complete the work. But I enjoyed the work.
Manager Community/Stakeholder Relations (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape, Gauteng and Limpopo9 March 2016
Starting work with enthusiasm but get calls from dissatisfied or disgruntled work force. The good part was when you come out of community meetings with a positive outcome, saving on unnecessary strikes. At the same time using such opportunities to contribute to refining some of the policies. coworkers were a good team as one's work depended on the success of the other, as such the support was very remarkable. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a striking workforce and having to negotiate to the latter. the most enjoyable moment is to see the project from start to finish.
Cons
Yes we worked longhours