SSI Employee Reviews

Welcoming management
Mechanical Insulator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 24, 2016
The work and people I worked with were always supportive and did what they could to assist when I needed help with anything work related. Safety is important.
Pros
Free OSHA training for full-time employees
Cons
healthcare
Some good days
Disability (Current Employee) –  Hughestown, PAMay 18, 2016
It has it's up and downs, some days are better then others. I am glad there are programs in place to help people in this situation.
A very challenging job with a very reasonable pay
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Davao CityMay 12, 2016
Being a Market Research Interviewer is not an easy job.
You are actually calling to people where time is really valuable for them. We are actually calling the entire State of America to conduct different surveys from different clients that we have.
AECOM management not good.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  VAMarch 17, 2016
SSI was a great company, but when AECOM bought them out everything went downhill. Upper management of finances completely ruined the company.
The workingg hours were long due to pressure to complete the work. But I enjoyed the work.
Manager Community/Stakeholder Relations (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape, Gauteng and LimpopoMarch 9, 2016
Starting work with enthusiasm but get calls from dissatisfied or disgruntled work force. The good part was when you come out of community meetings with a positive outcome, saving on unnecessary strikes. At the same time using such opportunities to contribute to refining some of the policies. coworkers were a good team as one's work depended on the success of the other, as such the support was very remarkable. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a striking workforce and having to negotiate to the latter. the most enjoyable moment is to see the project from start to finish.
Cons
Yes we worked longhours
fun and easy to get along colleagues
Domestic Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lapu-Lapu CityMarch 4, 2016
learned alot of things there, english communication became fluent, gained alot of friends and colleagues. realized the importance of teamwork , being open minded for comments for us to improve and took all of those as a challenge. i have gained confidence to myself in handling difficult projects and handling american agents and supervisors. realized that being a supervisor is not an easy task.
Pros
free lunches
Poor working environment
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMarch 1, 2016
The owner will entice you with a lot of smoke and mirrors.
A typical day is very disorganized and stressfull.
I have learned never to work for or recommend this company to anyone.
The so called management is haphazard, unknowledgeable of the position that they are in. Very abusive of the position.

Most of the co workers were great, easy to work with very team oriented. even though we were not team work oriented.

the hardest part of the job, dealing with the owner !!!
The most enjoyable part was making a customer who was very un happy due to the management very happy.
Pros
Cons
All Listed above
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
confirmIT (IA) Programmer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, IndiaFebruary 17, 2016
All my coworkers are good and culture is very good, I have learnt management skills, leading skills, leadership qualities
its ok
Market research interviewer (Former Employee) –  Davao City, P11January 30, 2016
I enjoyed this job because i am able to use my communication skills to foreign consumers.It enhanced my speaking skills
Fun workplace, not difficult work
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Praha, STJanuary 2, 2016
Well you cannot complain about working in here, but for those ones who work here full-time it might be very crucial as they work 12 -14 hours a day.
Cons
Develop applications to meet client needs.
Contract - Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Review, Design, and Implement software applications and publish to production servers. Provide technical support to end users and document user training process for library research and best practice approach to resolve user related issues.
Pros
flexible time periods for project development and completions status review.
Cons
small company with large client base for applicaiton request.
labourer (Former Employee) –  Redcar and Cleveland, ENGNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time at grove hill self build and made a lot of good friends and gained a lot of experience regarding the construction trade.
Shif Senior Chemist
Senior analytical chemist (Former Employee) –  TeessideOctober 25, 2015
A typical day at work included me organizing a team of analysts in a fast paced laboratory. I would calibrate various analytical instruments.
I learned many different analytical techniques.
SSI / CORUS - SHIFT TEAM LEADER/ SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENGOctober 22, 2015
I used to work 12 hour shifts, 2 days 2nights which I enjoyed very much. I started as a labourer within British steel and progressed to be a shift manager. I enjoyed most parts of my job, working as a team or as an individual. I had a good team to work with and great support from my manager. I didn't enjoy the red tape and politics part of my job when I progressed to be the shift manager but that was just part of the role, other than that I really enjoyed my time in the steel industry.
production operator
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Redcar, ENGOctober 20, 2015
wanted to get into company for a long time finally did and the place went into liquidation, very good money and enjoyed working there
Pros
good money
Cons
12 hour shifts
Lack of investment
Workshop Manager (Former Employee) –  TeessideOctober 11, 2015
Ran out of funds

Good company to work for at first then more challenging as time went by, due to price of Steel dropping sharply and therefore no long term strategy.

Good knowledgeable workforce, many of whom I had worked with for some time.

Very sad to see the demise of the Steel Industry

Good Management.

Good Atmosphere.

Fun working.

Learnt many skills.

Good freedom to work and learn.
I enjoyed my time at SSI
Instrument apprentice (Former Employee) –  Steel makingOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time at SSI as I believe I learnt a lot in the time I spent there, it was unfortunate the way the company came to an end but I believe I am ready to move on the the next chapter.
Pros
Work balance was excellent
Cons
No overtime
Good
Electrical Crafstman (Current Employee) –  TeesideSeptember 19, 2015
Other than the fact they are in financial difficulty i enjoy working here. The people are good the managers ok and the job itself is enjoyable
Go to work and set up the room and staff for the day. I learned about people.I worded with many different types both men and women from 18 to 50.
Concert Promoter, Importer. Night club operator. (Former Employee) –  NYC.August 23, 2015
It was the best jobs in the world for me.

I did not punch a clock or work 9/5
i was my own boss and loved working with others.

FOR 45 YEARS ITS WAS A INCREDIBLE RUN.
Pros
I got to see great talent, and people every day.
Cons
NONE.