IT Network/Security Analyst & Developer is an intermediate to senior level position providing daily operational support of Network and Security systems within the Risk Mitigation Centre (RMC). This position requires certifications in security and network with at least 3 years’ experience supporting Security and Network systems and environments. The position also requires a talented and motivated individual to directly contribute to the development, testing and documentation of the current and next generation of our mobile security solution. The ability to make decisions, recommendations and mentor junior staff is a key function in this position.
- Provide IDS/IPS, SIEM, FW and other security and network technology device monitoring, analysis and incident response to information security alerts events for Spyders clients
- Analyze network traffic and alerts to assess, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms. Launch and track investigations to resolution.
- Follow Spyders Incident Management processes to handle and escalate security and network incidents and changes
- Compose and send alert notifications. Advise incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents. Recommend IDS filters to eliminate false positives.
- Support the Senior Security System Engineers in executing solution integration projects, threat risk assessments and equipment installations.
- Develop mobile applications for Apple IOS and Android Platforms with a LAMP component
- Participate in internal IntelliGO design and development meetings
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and release plans
- Work with the team to develop and test new features and functions
- Incorporate secure coding practices into software development lifecycle
- Development and unit tests for quality assurance of the latest releases.
- Contribute towards the entire development lifecycle of analysis, design, implementation and test.
- Create appropriate development and product documentation for each release
- Able to multitask and give equal attention to a variety of functions while under pressure. Speed and accuracy are essential, as is the ability to make quick, informed decisions while facing a deadline. Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be self-directed and independent
- In-depth knowledge and working experience with the following information security disciplines: Security Incident and Event management (SIEM), intrusion detection system (IDS) monitoring, incident response, information assurance, computer security best practices, system hardening, vulnerability assessment, vulnerability management, antivirus, firewalls, and techniques for analyzing TCP/IP network traffic and event logs
- In-depth knowledge and working experience of Juniper line of products such as firewalls, IDP, switches, SSL VPN and McAfee AV/ePO
- In-depth knowledge of IDS software such as Cisco Secure IDS, log event correlation / security information management
- In-depth knowledge of WiFi environments and WiFi controllers, Access Points
- In-depth knowledge and working experience of vulnerability assessment tools such as Qualys, Core Impact and Nessus
- In-depth knowledge and working experience with operating systems such as Microsoft Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/, Linux, Unix
- Able to execute and lead projects assigned by Professional Services team including documentation and training
- Strong ability for decision making, assessing and resolving problems and working with minimum supervision.
- Strong leadership skills, able to lead, mentor and train RMC Network/Security Analyst staff
- A positive "can do" attitude
- A team player that takes the initiative to make an impact
- Effective and strong communication and writing skills
- Strong customer focus, customer care and phone manners
- Willingness to work shift or long hours as required
- Adherence to process and policies
- Bachelor degree in information technology
- Certification requirements - Juniper Wifi, Juniper Firewall, Palo Alto, RSA Envision, Juniper STRM, Juniper IDP - within the first 6 months
- Working towards other certifications - CISSP, CEH, CNSE, JNCIA, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, CCNA, RHCE, SSCP or equivalent
- Computer Science fundamentals with the ability to use alternative programming languages
- Effective ability to multi-task between concurrent projects
- Experience developing Android applications
- Experience developing server-side RESTful web services, preferably in PHP
- Experience using Git and adaptable to different workflows in an Agile development team
- Experience with Linux
- Understand protocols such as HTTP, SSL, DNS, DHCP, VPN, IPSEC
- Knowledge of Application Security (Security Development Lifecycle / Secure Coding principles) and/or Computer Security Fundamentals
- Experience developing NAC or MDM/MAM solutions
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Automating VMWare Infrastructure tasks
- Minimum 3+ years experience working in a network and security environment.
- Minimum 1+ years experience working in software development environment.