SPX Corporation

SPX Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great colleagues, poor management, great earning opportunity
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: overtime, benefits, social scene
Cons: poor management, departments do not work together, long hours
Typical day at work is very busy and could be smoother with better tools to work with and reliable network.
Not so much learned much new but built on experience quite well.
Very poor management.
Immediate co-workers are great.
Hardest part of job is actually getting through a full day without some problem with network or systems.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with Solidworks.
Fast Paced environment
Business Application Analyst (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 23, 2015
As a Fortune 500 company, the organization uses corporate concepts and approach. The company is in a competitive market.
Internship job
Support technician intern (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 30, 2014
Pros: work experience
Cons: short term
Checking computers for viruses and installing updates
Short internship job arranged by a teacher to allow us to see what a typical IT job was like.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCDecember 22, 2014
I learned how to be a better communicator with customers. My company goal is to provide quailty product, with a drive towards customer satisfaction.
Awesome place to work
Key Account Representative (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 4, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I learned a lot from this company. A great place to work.
Nice place to work
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2014
Pros: fitness facility
Cons: extremely quiet
This is a great place to be employed. The atmosphere and enviroment is good. People pretty much keep to themselves unless there is a huge project that they would have to engage with each other.
productive but dangerous job
carpenter III (Former Employee), Tylertown,msNovember 17, 2014
Cons: three breaks a day working a 12 hour shift
this is a well established company.there management skills and getting information to there employees can be improved.i learned alot with this particular company.the hardest part of the job was getting use to being in the air with a safety horness on.i learned how to read blueprints and maps along with the job.and also safety first.
Productive and very friendly environment
Executive Administrative Assistance (Current Employee), Headquarters in Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2014
Pros: summer hours for fridays - 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
Cons: summer hours ends first week in september
Answer phone calls, e-mail, and mail, maintain calendar; coordinate meetings and travel arrangements, code executive’s expense reports/invoices through Concur. Assist VP of Human Resource, VP of Global Marketing & Business Developement, VP Global CFO, VP of Global Operations and their reports as needed. Copy and distribute financial reports. Assign project numbers and log them when needed. Cover other assistants’ duties as needed. Develop Power Point presentations and Excel reports. Handle highly confidential information with sensitivity.

What I've learned globally is to communicate effectively with other administrative and staff located in other countries and respect the different time zones.

The hardest part of the job isn't known due to my past experience as an Executive Assistance and continued training and developing skills it prepares me and help put out daily fires.

The most enjoyable part of the this job is interacting with staff, clients and vendors. The environment is friendly and leaders appreciate the work preformed.
Good learning platform
Finance Manager & Global Financial Analysis (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 21, 2014
Company is professional and willing to advance those that are interested.
Very new function of the company. Great team to work with
QUALITY / HSE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people that what to get the job done right.
Great company to work for
Manufacturing Plant Manager (Former Employee), Saint Pauls, NCOctober 5, 2014
1.Provide training
2. Advancements
3.Experienced management team
Fast paced environment with fun employees
Packer/ Material Handler (Former Employee), Olathe, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no room for advancement, temporary position
I worked outside and pulled parts per customer orders and loaded carts that were then sent to the shipping department. I also worked in the shipping department where I assembled the wooden crates, packed parts sent in from yard and completed final inspections before shipping to construction sites for final assembly.
Was good until SPX sold unit
Field Service Engineering Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2014
SPX was a great place to work until the business unit was closed. After removing 70+ jobs the company was then sold.
It was a Great place to work
Assistant Manager/Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, Ca and Southern CaliforniaAugust 11, 2014
I was with this company for 18 years, I learned how to deal with all types of people and situations, I became very accomplished with computer repair. Great place to work. So glad to have had opportunity to work there.
loved it while i was there
Interim Manager (Former Employee), horsham, paAugust 2, 2014
can't say too much, only there for just over a year before they closed the data center and laid us all off. Benefits were excellent. Opportunity at headquarters good.
Example: Productive and continuous work.
Line Assembly/Production Worker (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCJuly 28, 2014
A typical day at work continuous work and sweat. I learned 5S house cleaning and how to be a team player. I also learned how to be a multi-tasker. I worked well with other. The hardest part of my job was working in the heat. I worked around 450 degrees ovens all the time. The best part was when company had events.All co-workers came together and had a good time.
Not a great place to work
Sr. SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great compensation benefits
Cons: bad management
Top management gives a high priority to Job Work/Life Balance in books but practically you wish for it.
Great office culture, very enjoyable
Marketing and Design Specialist (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 10, 2014
It is a good place to work. My managers are nice and friendly, my coworkers are a great group of people.
Learned a TON!
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 25, 2014
I had the best mentor, who was a PE in 8 states. Reinforced all that I had learned in school.
modern facility
Cnc machinist (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYJune 10, 2014
up to date machine shop with the newest cnc machining centers. ran two machines on a daily basis . management is ok could use a little help.

1 2 3 4 5

About SPX Corporation

SPX Corp. controls the ebb and flow of multiple industries. The company operates from four units: Flow Technology (pumps, valves, – Read more