SPX Corporation

SPX Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive but dangerous job
carpenter III (Former Employee), Tylertown,msNovember 17, 2014
Cons: three breaks a day working a 12 hour shift
this is a well established company.there management skills and getting information to there employees can be improved.i learned alot with this particular company.the hardest part of the job was getting use to being in the air with a safety horness on.i learned how to read blueprints and maps along with the job.and also safety first.
Productive and very friendly environment
Executive Administrative Assistance (Current Employee), Headquarters in Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2014
Pros: summer hours for fridays - 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
Cons: summer hours ends first week in september
Answer phone calls, e-mail, and mail, maintain calendar; coordinate meetings and travel arrangements, code executive’s expense reports/invoices through Concur. Assist VP of Human Resource, VP of Global Marketing & Business Developement, VP Global CFO, VP of Global Operations and their reports as needed. Copy and distribute financial reports. Assign – more... project numbers and log them when needed. Cover other assistants’ duties as needed. Develop Power Point presentations and Excel reports. Handle highly confidential information with sensitivity.

What I've learned globally is to communicate effectively with other administrative and staff located in other countries and respect the different time zones.

The hardest part of the job isn't known due to my past experience as an Executive Assistance and continued training and developing skills it prepares me and help put out daily fires.

The most enjoyable part of the this job is interacting with staff, clients and vendors. The environment is friendly and leaders appreciate the work preformed. – less
Good learning platform
Finance Manager & Global Financial Analysis (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 21, 2014
Company is professional and willing to advance those that are interested.
Very new function of the company. Great team to work with
QUALITY / HSE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people that what to get the job done right.
Great company to work for
Manufacturing Plant Manager (Former Employee), Saint Pauls, NCOctober 5, 2014
1.Provide training
2. Advancements
3.Experienced management team
Fast paced environment with fun employees
Packer/ Material Handler (Former Employee), Olathe, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no room for advancement, temporary position
I worked outside and pulled parts per customer orders and loaded carts that were then sent to the shipping department. I also worked in the shipping department where I assembled the wooden crates, packed parts sent in from yard and completed final inspections before shipping to construction sites for final assembly.
Was good until SPX sold unit
Field Service Engineering Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2014
SPX was a great place to work until the business unit was closed. After removing 70+ jobs the company was then sold.
It was a Great place to work
Assistant Manager/Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, Ca and Southern CaliforniaAugust 11, 2014
I was with this company for 18 years, I learned how to deal with all types of people and situations, I became very accomplished with computer repair. Great place to work. So glad to have had opportunity to work there.
loved it while i was there
Interim Manager (Former Employee), horsham, paAugust 2, 2014
can't say too much, only there for just over a year before they closed the data center and laid us all off. Benefits were excellent. Opportunity at headquarters good.
Example: Productive and continuous work.
Line Assembly/Production Worker (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCJuly 28, 2014
A typical day at work continuous work and sweat. I learned 5S house cleaning and how to be a team player. I also learned how to be a multi-tasker. I worked well with other. The hardest part of my job was working in the heat. I worked around 450 degrees ovens all the time. The best part was when company had events.All co-workers came together and had – more... a good time. – less
Not a great place to work
Sr. SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great compensation benefits
Cons: bad management
Top management gives a high priority to Job Work/Life Balance in books but practically you wish for it.
Great office culture, very enjoyable
Marketing and Design Specialist (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 10, 2014
It is a good place to work. My managers are nice and friendly, my coworkers are a great group of people.
Entrepreneurial Environment with Fantastic Management
Structural Project Engineer & Senior Drafter (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJuly 7, 2014
Business owner is a brilliant entrepreneur with a desire to foster his business and perform top notch work for a wide range of clients.
Learned a TON!
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 25, 2014
I had the best mentor, who was a PE in 8 states. Reinforced all that I had learned in school.
modern facility
Cnc machinist (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYJune 10, 2014
up to date machine shop with the newest cnc machining centers. ran two machines on a daily basis . management is ok could use a little help.
A Job
Porter (Chrysler LLC/SPX) (Former Employee), Troy, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: a paying job
Cons: poor upper management
After coming from being laid off any job will do and that was the case with this one. My immediate manger was great as well as my group. However, as a whole the company was not so great. I'll put it like this I was hired through a contract house IPG for SPX for Chrysler. After about a year most people were hired in direct to SPX. When it was my turn – more... we interviewed and all went well up until I heard nothing of the matter. After waiting and waiting for an update I decided to contact the SPX HR and was then told it was not going to happen. So talk about a sorry feeling. – less
Great Place to Learn and Grow
HR Intern (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILMay 31, 2014
I enjoyed my time at SPX. This type of environment is where I would like to build my career.
Worst Company I have ever worked for
clerical (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 16, 2014
Pros: none i can list. worthless
Cons: probably will lose your job if you work for them, be leary.
Horrible company, bought us after a year or so closed us down.
Management was worthless, stay away from this company.
Most unorganized company I have ever worked for all they cared about was the month end dollar and shady.
This was the longest job I had and my first job, I would never forget SPX.
Production Employee (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILMay 15, 2014
Pick and pack warehouse orders via RF scanner weigh up to 60 lbs. Verify and process warehouse items for put away.
Poor management.
Production employee (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 13, 2014
Pros: i worked with alot of good people that took pride in their work.
Cons: upper management is incompetent.
Do not think you have job security. Upper management was pitiful. I would not work for an SPX company again. They buy companys and do not know the product then move production for cheap labor.

1 2 3 4 5

About SPX Corporation

SPX Corp. controls the ebb and flow of multiple industries. The company operates from four units: Flow Technology (pumps, valves, – Read more