SPUD.ca Employee Reviews

good place to work if your values are aligned
Office (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2017
I worked at SPUD for about 3 years.

The best parts were the people, and the business itself, because it's something that I care about, and I liked being around similar people. I also liked the casual environment, opportunities to grow/transfer, and the growth was exciting to be part of. It's definitely a start up environment, so best for millennials, or someone who works well in that type of set up.

What wasn't ideal was the lack of space, and a higher salary couldn't have hurt.
Pros
discount, free fruit, employees, growth
Overworked, underpaid, management are rude
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2017
Worked here for 6-7 months- they will offer you pay that is barely better than minimum wage (currently offering just shy of 14, when the minimal wage is 13.70) to bust your butt all day, management is contemptuous and rude, no opportunity for advancement and everyone is always on edge.
Pros
Some of the coworkers are cool
Cons
Hours are unreliable, management is lazy and smug, cold environment, not enough pay for hard work
Not a receptive or creative environment
Packer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2016
I've been with Spud for over two years. Number one, they do not take advice from they're employes, and they claim they do so.
Some of us have lots of experience working with high production facilities. Why not listen?
Instead, they continue on their way ignoring good advice and ignore "other" ideas. They seem to be complacent in their own ideas and remind me of a pyramid scheme . It's all about , sell,sell,sell .
Employees come and go, they never seem to wonder why.
I've seen many come and go, and have heard many suggestions, but all fall on deaf ears, as they act like they are the smartest
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
A high volume environment with out care to detail
Customer Care & Business Development Expert (Current Employee) –  Calgary31 March 2014
Spud is a fast growing organics delivery service in Calgary. High volume work day with lots of praise from clients. Great management and even greater co-workers.
Pros
Lots and lots of free fruit and vgetables
Cons
High volume work
Has its pro's and con's.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta Canada12 July 2013
Typical day was anything but typical, something always goes wrong. I learned to tolerate people who should not be employed. Management was incompetent at best. Hardest part was simply keeping a positive attitude despite when things went wrong. Most enjoyable part was meeting some interesting people that worked there over the years, despite their poor work ethic.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Incompetent management and employees.
The staff supports each other and work as a team.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC21 April 2013
The owner would say good morning to each individual staff everyday.
I learned that not only can each department work as a team but the whole company.
The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with suppliers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPUD.ca. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8