Come work in the quaint town of Cochrane, nestled in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Just 20 minutes from downtown Calgary, 45 minutes from Canmore and only minutes from hiking, biking and many other outdoor adventures.
Spray Lake Sawmills, a family owned and operated business for over 70 years, is looking for an innovative individual to add to our team. Do you enjoy solving complex problems, implementing new technology and working on projects that matter? Are you good with people and are comfortable working in both an office and manufacturing environment?
Working as an integral part of the IT group, the successful candidate will be responsible to support, maintain, update and optimize desktops, servers, core network infrastructure as well as participate in IT project initiatives. The successful candidate will also provide timely and in-depth analysis for the resolution of hardware and software system problems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates all computer operations
- Supports the existing network infrastructure, desktops and servers, disaster recovery systems and IT/WAN Infrastructure to ensure uninterrupted 24/7 operations
- Recommend upgrades or new technologies to improve infrastructure efficiency, quality and security of IT systems and services by researching and evaluating new technologies within the scope of the IT plan.
- Administers data retention and recovery
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting a wide variety of production IT infrastructure
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining virtualization environments (Hyper-V), Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, servers, storage, mobile phones, tablets and network devices
- Proficient with Windows operating systems; Windows XP/7 & Server 2003-2008
- Experience working with WordPress or Dotnetnuke is an asset
- Competitive wages, commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Group Benefits and Pension Plan
- Casual work environment
- Opportunities for continuous education
Competition closes on Feb 8, 2013
Indeed - 13 months ago
Spray Lake Sawmills has been manufacturing forest products for use throughout Canada and abroad since 1943. Our product line has grown to...