At Sprague-Rosser, we are a full-service contractor built on civil, commercial, industrial and mining projects. For over 45 years, we have been building structures and bridging relationships. We have been committed to innovation for more than a generation, and we are as passionate about people as we are about our projects.
Sprague-Rosser is seeking an experienced Project Accountant to work on project sites in Western Canada. The Project Accountant reports to the VP, Finance and is responsible to support the finance functions for specific projects by completing and/or reporting on LEM’s, timesheets, purchase orders, equipment utilization, inventory, and other interests related to the financial functions at the site level.
- Owns the set up and maintenance of projects in the business system in accordance with accounting policies; establishes and maintains pricing schedules, customer details, payment plans and invoicing calendars;
- Interprets contract terms and conditions and builds commercial terms into project set ups to ensure maximum profitability;
- Works with Project Control to ensure contractual operating agreement compliance and participates in audits and resolution activities;
- Reviews WIP reports and conducts WIP review meetings with Project Managers to ensure timely billing;
- Reviews project transaction documents and accounts for accuracy and completeness, including sub-charges, data sheets, time reports, expenses, subcontractor invoices, etc.;
- Responsible for the production of customer invoices, credit notes, and back up documentation;
- Reviews draft invoices for accuracy prior to submitting for Project Manager approval;
- Ensures billings do not exceed approved budget limits and works with Project Managers and Project Controls to resolve issues;
- Challenges the financial health of projects during monthly project reviews with VP, Finance;
- Performs weekly review of project revenue recognition in business system; takes action on projects not generating revenue;
- Produces and analyzes trend and variance reports as needed;
- Ensures project profitability is maximized for the project;
- Identifies areas of potential project gross margin improvement; ensures accurate recovery of all costs as defined in the contract and ensures non-billable costs are minimized;
- Gathers project accruals and provisions information as needed;
- Works closely with Project Controls to produce monthly reports and estimates;
- Works closely with project operations, controls and billing coordinators to improve project administration processes and effectiveness;
- Reviews DSO reports and assists in the development of corrective action plans;
- Works directly with customers to ensure invoices have been received, approved, and actioned;
- Provides regular invoice status updates to Project Managers and the Executive Team;
- Some assistance and/or ownership of site-related Document Control or Human Resources duties may be included.
- Prepare monthly field report and supporting documentation
- Relevant undergraduate degree or diploma in Accounting with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a project accounting function;
- Explorer Contract Manager or other ERP experience considered an asset;
- CMA or CGA designation or nearing completion considered an asset but not required;
- Understanding of GAAP;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Eagerness to contribute to an exciting and dynamic Company;
- Strong technical and analytical accounting skills;
- Maintains the highest professional ethics and standards;
- Engineering and construction project knowledge;
- Advanced Excel skills.
Sprague-Rosser offers a challenging and fast-paced work environment across our civil and industrial divisions with significant growth potential. Sprague-Rosser offers competitive wages, company paid benefits, a company matched RRSP, paid training and more!
Please submit resumes through our website at www.sprague-rosser.com
At Sprague-Rosser, we are a full-service contractor built on civil, commercial, industrial and mining projects. For over 45 years, we have...