Sprague-Rosser Contracting is a civil, industrial and commercial construction company that was founded over 45 years ago. Our company is growing quickly and we are looking for reliable team players to grow with us. We offer competitive wages, company paid benefits, training, and company matched RRSP’s.
It is the duty of the Project Coordinator to provide support to the Project Managers and ultimately ensuring that the project is completed in an efficient and timely manner and to the expectation of the project owner/contractor.
- Working closely under the guidance and direction of the Project Manager to learn Sprague-Rosser’s practices and procedures.
- From the preliminary scope of work, assist in the preparation and development the final project scope with the planning team.
- Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear, trackable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction.
- Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise the Superintendent of the status of RFIs.
- Maintain and update the Shop Drawing Log, review Shop Drawings and submittals.
- Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out documents.
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
- Attend project coordination meetings as requested or required.
- Manage daily project photos for records.
- Provide progress measurement reports to management.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by supervision.
- Ensure all equipment is being tracked and usage logs being completed and sent to appropriate individuals.
- Identify all the multi-discipline key activities and milestone dates and develop the project schedule; monitor the progress, identify all critical path activities, update the schedule and issue the same.
- Prepare and review project estimates, cash flows, and track costs.
- Act as the single point of contact for the project, ensuring there is good communication within the project team members and other stakeholders in the area of scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensure all aspects of the scope of work, safety codes and other legal requirements are met. During the implementation phase, review and monitor the work process to ensure all internal and external processes are in compliance.
- Identify all the significant project risks, prepare mitigation plan, track, and manage the risks and contingencies as they develop.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering degree or technologist diploma (or equivalent experience)
- 2 - 5 years experience as a Project Coordinator
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- A working knowledge of Primavera is an asset.
- Proficiency in department’s computer system, department software, and typing necessary.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the client, related project staff and the community.
- Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of management and other clients to meet or exceed their expectations
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness; ability to take on self-directed tasks when necessary
- Excellent time management skills; attention to detail; and the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency