Sprague-Rosser Contracting is a Civil and Industrial contractor based in Edmonton. The company has been working in Alberta and Saskatchewan for the past 45 years. The Piping QA/QC would be based out of an industrial site near Regina.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project managers, purchasing, engineering, operations, maintenance and contractors
- Implement Audit Program to measure quality performance of contractors and suppliers
- Conduct compliance audits, both internally and externally, to verify conformance with quality requirements, to perform surveillance inspection on all Contractors QC activities and ensure all quality records, as well as any other technical records as required are completed prior to turnover.
- Resolve day-to-day QA/QC issues as they arise and properly report all issues.
- Creation of all required documentation of inspections and obtaining written dispositions on deviations.
- Performance of audits
- Performance of piping inspections.
- Maintenance of test records.
- Audits of all phases of QA/QC documentation and reports.
- Verification of the accuracy of all documentation pertaining to quality control, testing, etc.
- Receiving, reviewing and handling documentation for materials and equipment supplied to the project for conformance to project standards, drawings, and specifications.
- Monitoring of all work to ensure its conformance to applicable codes
- Reporting of any or all NCR issues and prepares documentation as required.
- Ensuring that all "as-built" drawings are prepared accurately
- Interpreting all engineered drawings and specifications and ensure construction is in compliance.
- Reporting on daily progress and findings to the management team
- Reviewing drawings, construction plans and specifications to ensure complete familiarity with their function and the totality of the construction work.
- Submission of permits as needed
- Attending progress and cost review meetings with the Construction Management Team.
- Observing site safety practices and perpetuating a positive safety environment to our clients expectations.
- Understanding of piping and fusing systems in order to perform QA verifications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3 - 7 years QA/QC experience
- Experience as a fusing inspector
- Strong understanding of pipe fusing and pipelaying
- Previous experience with industrial construction
- With Mechanical Engineering degree or Technologist/Technician Diploma from a recognized institution is an asset
- Ability to understand written work related documents, including engineered drawings and Bill of Materials
- Intermediate Computer Skills, experience with Microsoft Office Software & strong understanding of Microsoft Outlook
Interested candidates can submit their resumes via email, on-line or fax (780-468-2668.