Sprague-Rosser is seeking an experienced FOREMAN for a civil construction projects in Edmonton.
- Manages project foremen and oversees all work progress for these crews
- Participates in scheduling and workforce planning
- Ensures safe work practices, quality workmanship, productivity and schedule of the crews
- Manage crews and ensure there is adequate supervision and provide daily work instructions within area of supervision
- Coordinate machine and manpower movement within area of supervision. Ensure coverage for all shift rotations.
- Prepare a needs assessment with the foremen in terms of equipment and materials. Work with Superintendent in requisitioning required items
- Monitors performance, progress and productivity of the project, and ensures the alignment of the construction to the project plans and drawings
- Ensure that all tools and equipment utilized have been inspected, in good repair, and color coded, as required.
- Meet and review any issues or items out of scope from the field crew and report to the Superintendent
- Track and report daily progress to the Superintendent
- Regularly communicate work progress, schedule variance, crew and safety performance to the Superintendent
- Give daily guidance to the Crew Foremen
- Participate in regular Safety Meetings, Toolbox Meetings, Incident Reports and general site issues
- Ensure all time and documentation have been submitted accurately and punctually by Crew Foremen
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word and Outlook are an asset
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- 7+ years experience working on civil construction projects
- Valid driver’s licence with clean driver’s abstract
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Team player and ability to mentor Jr. Foremen and crew members
Sprague-Rosser offers a challenging and fast-paced work environment across our civil and industrial divisions with significant growth potential. Sprague-Rosser offers competitive wages, company paid benefits, paid training and other incentives.
Sprague-Rosser, construction, excavation , demolition, general contractor, Edmonton, Alberta