Sprague-Rosser requires a Document Controller for a mining site near Regina. This position manages all Document Control functions while providing support to the Superintendent, Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Quality Control.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Ensure that all Document Control activities are carried out to meet the expectations of the company as well as the client
- Manage all aspects of project document control and report daily to the Project Manager
- Receive, log and distribute all internal and external project documentation
- Manage all incoming and outgoing documentation and ensure it is processed as per the procedure and schedule expectations of the company and client
- Generate and maintain document distribution lists
- Review quality of documentation received and ensure it is in accordance with QA/QC requirements/standards
- Maintain computerized records of documentation and document distribution
- Ensure copies of all site documentation is maintained in files on site in an organized manner and that originals are sent to Head Office for central filing.
- Ensure all manuals, project specific procedures / plans, data dossiers and other site documentation are compiled in accordance with the client requirements and within the required contractual time schedules
- Data entry as required by the project management team
- Undertake document copying functions when necessary to ensure prompt document issue
- Maintain a consistent approach to all document control functions on all projects
- Assist in maintaining good relationships with clients, subcontractors, and co-workers
- Archive all site documentation in preparation for off-site storage at project completion
- Providing additional assistance to staff as required.
- Requires 2 – 5 years prior experience in the area of Document Control
- Completion of post-secondary education considered an asset
- Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports
- Ability to use computer and rapidly input data and retrieve records and information
- Ability to organize work load and to manage a filing methods and management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills strongest being with Excel.
Sprague-Rosser offers a challenging and fast-paced work environment across our civil and industrial divisions with significant growth potential. Sprague-Rosser offers competitive wages, company paid benefits, company matched RRSPs, paid training and other incentives.