Sprague-Rosser is a Heavy Civil General Contractor that is a powerhouse in the industrial and infrastructure industry sectors. For over 45 years, we have been building structures and bridging relationships. We have been committed to innovation for more than a generation, and we are as passionate about people as we are about our projects.
Sprague-Rosser is currently seeking a Director, Human Resources to work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position provides the overall leadership and strategic management support to operations in western Canada, with particular focus on employee relations, performance management, conflict resolution and other employee services. We are interested in candidates with heavy construction experience who excel in building relationships and possess strong organization, communication and work prioritization skills.
This role will develop & implement human resources programs, identify and interpret legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources while ensuring policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance with regulations and align with company objectives. Our ideal candidate will have a strong sense of ethics, proven problem solving experience and extensive experience with change management.
- Ensures all HR programs, initiatives and policies are maintained to achieve corporate objectives, legal compliance, and the organization's culture and values.
- Manage training, development and performance evaluation initiatives
- Managing union relationships including active participation/leadership in collective bargaining process.
- Manage and/or provide guidelines to the termination processes as required
- Plan, communicate and manage key change initiatives within the organization.
- Design and implement effective programs to attract, retain, and develop employees.
- Build relationships with colleges and universities; develop co-op programs / campus recruiting strategies.
- Devise and implement strategies for positive employee and labour relations.
- Manage and promote the succession planning processes.
- Consult on workforce planning strategies including ongoing monitoring of demographic, labor market and industry trends.
- Act as an ambassador, focusing on promoting the organization's values and culture.
- Act as an integral member of the senior management team.
- Promote health and wellness programs.
- Advise and support management on performance, organizational, and leadership matters.
- Provide input on organization structure and effectiveness.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and lead, coach and motivate a team of human resources professionals.
- Embodies the desired behaviors, culture and philosophies of the organization
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive Human Resources experience with 3-5 years at senior management level.
- Demonstrated competence in several HR functional areas including labour relations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. CHRP and/or other relevant certification/degrees an asset.
- Experience in a unionized and/or related industrial environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of all appropriate legislation.
- Solid knowledge of compensation and benefits programs.
- Broad talent management exposure including succession planning and training concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to think, act and speak strategically.
- Able to effectively and quickly build trust based relationships.
- Flexible, results oriented and able to deliver to timelines and budgets.
- Strategic thinker, self- directed, able to identify, create and action multiple individual, departmental and organizational improvements and projects while working in a collaborative and consultative way
- Proven ability to provide effective leadership and positively influence, partner with and coach others
- Strong planning, organization, time management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively support leadership teams in the areas of change management, team development and effectiveness, facilitation and problem solving
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and one-on-one communication skills
- Budget management experience
- Excellent cross-collaboration and partnership with other groups, teams to ensure mutual goals and expectations meet desired results.
Sprague-Rosser offers competitive compensation, company paid benefits, matched RRSPs and other incentives.
Indeed - 2 years ago