Spotify Employee Reviews

Design Ops Admin
Design Ops Admin (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 June 2017
Overall pretty good work environment and culture, everyone is super innovative and excited about the work they are doing. I think there was some mismanagement with my supervisor but ultimately pretty positive.
Pros
Free lunch, free snacks, multiple work events that were fun and inclusive, ability to travel internationally.
Excellent
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire6 June 2017
Excelent place to work...the office has brand new Mac Books and Apple desktop computers, drinks, snacks, fruits, literaty everythng available for you at the office!!!
Not what it was
Finance Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NY23 May 2017
I joined Spotify at a time where we still had that techy-start up feel, although we were 10 years old. It was still a place where although you worked hard, you played harder and there were an abundance of socializing activities that bonded you to your colleagues across the various functions. Management WAS great (they were mostly Swedish) and you truly felt they cared for and helped you professionally (career development) as well as personally if need be. Sadly, this is no longer the case.
Pros
Free lunch, free healthcare
Cons
Paranoid culture. Long hours. Out of touch management.
fun place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 May 2017
Spotify is a great place to work, especially if you're a music fan. The culture is very open and communicative. There are many perks like free lunches, concerts, and social activities that make Spotify one of the best places to work.
Fun workplace
Bilingual Customer Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge11 April 2017
Very pleasant and professional environment.
Indispensable to work with other departments and adapt to new changes and improvements in the work process.
amazing
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY20 December 2016
it was amazing! loved the experience and the team I was able to work with. the perks of working for spotify was helpful and so many free goodies I was able to give out to people! it was amazing.
Neat gig for students
SpotifuU Campus Influencer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FL9 November 2016
Great experience for a college student looking to network or get experience in that kind of position. We got students pumped about Spotify and had a blast doing it.
Pros
free stuff, eligible cash benefits
Cons
short length, not enough physical interaction (imo)
Great Company!
Human Resources Coordinator (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NY25 October 2016
Such a great company to work for! The work life balance is phenomenal and there are plenty of perks. Such as free catered lunches, free concerts and company events.
Productive yet fun place to work
TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2016
Great place to earn your cash. High paced & constantly evolving environment coupled with an extremely intelligent workforce. The greatest thing I learned, from the company as a whole, was transparency (or at least the illusion of!) is key to keeping your workforce engaged and productive. If they feel like they're privy to the lows as well as the highs, they'll work that little bit harder
Pros
Free food
Cons
Never ending inbox
Great experience
Kept event lead coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 September 2016
I made sure that the guards that were on the shift with me were moving around and making sure no one entered into the work space of spotify.

I learned a lot
Great Experience
Student Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff20 June 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my position within this renowned company. I achieved and often exceeded all set targets and the company responded warmly with praise and merits. This helped form an excellent relationship between employer and employee and much mutual respect was apparent.

I learned to utilise social media in such a way that would effectively promote and advertise the company. My co-workers were fantastically supportive and helpful at the beginning of my role and I enjoyed the entire experience, including the expenses-paid party at the end of our contracts.

I didn't find the role difficult as help was always available and targets were always easily achievable with hard work and dedication.
Pros
All expenses paid party
Cons
Unsociable working hours
Ambiente de trabajo joven y divertido
Planeación de ventas (Former Employee) –  México DF.6 May 2015
Spotify es una compañia que ha crecido de manera impresionante gracias a su cultura laboral y servicio al cliente, logrando ser uno de los medios de publicidad mas importantes, asi como la plataforma de música streaming mas importante en México y muchos países mas.
No hay oficinas cerradas, lo que permite una mejor comunicación entre areas , gerencias y direcciones.
Se hacen juntas mensuales con los empleados para conocer los puntos a reforzar de ambas partes.
Pros
Respeto en la separación de horarios personales y laborales
Cons
No hay capacitaciones para nuevas posiciones
fun place to work
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  New York, NY1 May 2015
Spotify is very laid back, fun people, free food.

Free concerts and other events.

There are no hard part to the job. Everyone do what they are suppose to.

Managers are very helpful.

overall the people are great!
Pros
free lunches, free concerts
Cons
temporary position not perm
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge26 April 2015
Not remembering that people are humans and not robots. And that humans can only do their best at work and not more.
But I did learn to engage more n my German speaking-workers were very nice.
The hardest part was not be able to have enough time to give the customer and good response and accurate more time to explain because of the time limit.
Pros
free teas
Cons
Too much was expected
Fun environment to work at
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge9 April 2015
Once you start working at Spotify, you forget the traditional environment of work. Their customer service is only email based, which is easier if you want to provide a fun service by using music or images when appropriate. The training provided was good.
The office was made up so that you feel at home and comfortable at all times. You have all the equipment and devices necessary in case of troubleshooting or practice. And food and drinks are also available if you need anything.
Pros
Free food and activities
Cons
Termporary position
Productive Freelance environment
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ30 January 2015
Sold Spotify premium packages to different college students.

Held different marketing events on Campus.

Influencing college students to pay for subscriptions was difficult, but I made it easy by being sociable and making the process fun.
Best Place Ever
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NYC29 November 2014
I loved temping at spotify, it was the best job I've ever had so far! Unfortunately it was a temporary assignment and I was not able to stay.
Spotify
Traffic Coordinator (Freelance) (Former Employee) –  New York, NY3 November 2014
Spotify was such a wonderful place to work! There was an ongoing sense of community between co-workers and departments, a consistent flow of information keeping us updating on the latest digital trends, and the open opportunity to showcase new ideas to peers that could further the overall advancement of the company.
Flexible
Campus Influencer (Current Employee) –  Babson Park, MA22 May 2014
Put up flyers and send out play-list cards.
Learned about marketing and social media marketing.
The hardest part is to interact with real people and no enough training process.
The most enjoyable part is that it is a very flexible job.
Encouraging environment
Campus Influencer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX19 February 2014
Spotify created many wonderful incentives for the Campus Influencers. However, the management and organization of the position was not done efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spotify. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4