Sport Mart Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace setting
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK17 May 2017
I Looked forward to going to each shift while working at Sport Mart. I was very well trained as well as the other staff because of good management practices. The work environment was fun, and the staff all got along great, so that made going to work so much easier. The hardest part of the job was not being able to provide sought out merchandise to customers due to insufficient sizes/ inventory. The most enjoyable part of working at Sport Mart was doing inventory and receiving employee discounts.
Pros
discounts
Cons
insufficient sizes
I might have still been there if it didn't close down
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 December 2016
I learned many things about proper retail etiquette and customer service. It was a great place to learn, I just wish the other staff members weren't so abrasive.
Pros
Great environment to learn new things about retail
Cons
Never enough hours for everyone
this company was great
Bike Mechanic / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 November 2016
I loved this company they always tried to work with u. great company till Canadian tire bought them out things changed dramatically
Didnt enjoy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB13 January 2016
Nothing to say since this company went under.

But If i did say something I would say that management was insufficient, and lazy
No longer around unfortunately
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC8 December 2014
Place shutdown and no longer exists had tons of fun there. Had a great manager just got shut down because Canadian tire bought them out very unfortunate!
fun workplace to be around
stock clerk (Former Employee) –  kildonan place mall14 July 2014
it was good working there, met alot of friendly people
i learned alot & picked up different skills while working at this establishment
Pros
emplyee discount
Cons
it was far
Productive and Enjoyable workplace with good Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 July 2013
A day at work would start slowly, getting the store together, cleaning, bringing out the bikes, just have everything perfect for the opening. When the customers poured in, tasked changed from hanging clothes to helping customers, it helped me learn alot about multi-tasking, and customer service. The co-workers were supportive and helped me during my early stages so I got the hang of it, they kept the workplace alive and energetic so it was never dull. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure everything stayed clean, as in the winter customers would track dirt in, unintentionally of course but the fact of the matter is it happens. The best part was getting to know frequent customers, it made the days fly by.
Sport Mart
Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK1 March 2013
Really enjoyed the fast pace enviroment
Loved the co workers
most of all helping the customer and making them happy with thire proper fitting and purchases
Sporting Good Store
o Part Time Key Holder/Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 February 2013
A great company to work for. Great people and environment to work in :)
Overall it was a good job, not the best but for what I needed it was satisfactory
Cashier, Soft good associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB15 January 2013
In a typical day I would talk to customers, tell them about new deals, what was newest.
I learned how to use a cash register, I learned a lot more then that but the other stuff is just not useful in everyday life.
The management was terrible, if you did something wrong instead of telling you how to improve they would just do it themselves.
My co-workers were great people who I hope to see in the future.
The hardest part was when either management or customers would be ignorant.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be a tie between getting off shift and getting my pay check
Pros
great staff, friendly customers
Cons
terrible management