Sport Clips Employee Reviews

very busy
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2017
So busy I felt I couldn't be trained the way I should have
the tips are not the greatest they staff was friendly
the customers are amazing
the give away free hair cuts in hopes to attract more clients
Fun company, bad management
STylist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 July 2017
Sport clips was fun to work at in terms of procedure as well as daily activities. The problem that I had was with management as well as the owners of the store. They claimed they wanted a drama free environment when in reality, the store was filled with drama and theft. Love the company, maybe a different location would work better.
friendly and kind staff
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 March 2017
staff is friendly, place is small and clean, assigned to work cleaning duties at the end of every night
monthly "pep rally" to recognize good work and focus on things that need to be worked on
Not the best place to work
Barber (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Hate this company . Ok although I loved my co workers but the way this work is you won't get far in this company . They put their favourite as manager or assistant manager with very little pay . It's not based on how good you work or make money for the company . They will insist to keep you working with them but they can't actually stay on what they promise you .
It's a cheap place to work at . If you want to practice on your haircuts go ahead and work there for a while if not don't even think about having a career future with this cheap company .
Pros
Sport environment
Cons
Awful management, liers, very bad pay
A good place to work doing men and boys haircuts.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC27 February 2017
I've learned a lot working for SportClips. The clients are amazing as well as the staff. It's a good environment to work in doing men and boys cuts. Everyone always encourages you to be the best you can be.
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dixie and Dundas St E8 February 2017
Great staff and training. Hard working hair stylists that were able to help you when you needed it. Friendly and great team. Provided excellent training and feedback.
Pros
Great team and loved to work there
Cons
Not enough hours provided
A place that always runs on 50/50 .
Licensed Stylist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 September 2016
There is no stability with hours. I have been emplyed since the store opened in 2014 and have seen 2 assistant managers and we are currently on manager #5 and assistant manage #3 and turn over upon turnover in staff.
Sexism has been a personal issue for myself( unable to wear make up and had to provide a Dr note to avoid being punished for not wearing any)
Pattern of poor management develops with each management change
Hardest part of the day is having favoured employees come and go as they please,not contribute to salon cleaning duties, call in sick and not having to provide coverage)
The most enjoyable is being busy for a full day with clients and perform salon duties as required.The hands on work and keeping busy is a must .
Lack of understanding and cooperation with the Employment Standard act (lunch breaks)
Corporate Policies and Expectations seem threatening and unattainable.
Pros
friendly customers, creative hands on work
Cons
unexpected hours, Sexist Owner, Poor management, Large staff turnover
Great environment for Hair cutting
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 June 2016
Speed accuracy is challenged on a daily basis.
Learned to manage time efficiency to the best of my ability under pressure.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great if you have the money to invest in a franchise.
Assistant Area Manager, Sport Clips Canada (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON9 February 2016
Like any franchise company, you will be hemorrhaging money within your first year of owning a store. However, if you can ride the wave long enough, the pay off is huge!