Sport Chek Employee Reviews

Sportchek Hardgoods Associate
Floor Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2016
Typical Retail Job, the management are generally low quality and turn-over quickly, making the job more difficult,
This job is more suited for students
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Low Quality management
Good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 July 2016
Good work place. Sometimes tough. Have to give great customer service. Good discounts. Manangers can be really tough, but they are mostly easy going.
Productive and fun work environment.
Full-time Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leaside, ON19 January 2016
A typical day at work consists of opening the department, making sure the department is clean and set up for customers to easily find things. Providing a high level of customer service is a key part of the day, if the customer I'm helping leaves happy then I'm happy. I've learned many things from Sportchek, namely operations, and how to delegate. Sportchek's management team is pretty awesome, a lot of them are my age and I've known them from working within the company. My co-workers and I have a great relationship, there's a couple that have been there from my original hiring date, and a couple new people but overall everybody knows that we are all trying to attain the same goal, and that is great customer service while meeting a budget. The hardest part of the job for me is the operational side, at times its hard to keep up with the amount of changes being made. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my customers leave happy and with what they were looking for.
Work is ok, but was it was Co-Op (job placement)
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 June 2016
A typical day would be going to stockroom putting clothes on hangers, relocating merchandise, etc...

What I learned about working at Sport Chek was that some of my co-workers didn't like their job and seemed angry about it.
One of the best places to work.
Hard goods sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 July 2015
Sportcheck is an amazing company to work for. There is nothing but benefits to working their. The culture is amazing an promotes healthily active lifestyles for all. The company really gives back to the employees as well.
Enjoyable work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 April 2016
I was working there for work experience during high school and enjoyed working there for the most part. I was there for two terms lasting 2 weeks per term. Great environment to work in with good management and co-workers.
Pros
Great people to work with
fun and interactive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 June 2016
great part time job for people who are currently enrolled in school. flexible work scheduele. includes providing expert customer service, reaching sales goals, maintaining your department, and setting up weekly sales advertisements.
Dynamic workplace requiring technical knowledge and excellent customer relation skills within the sporting good and active lifestyl worlds.
Sales Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2016
I was the department manager for the sporting goods section, tasked with training and developing a team of over 20 sales staff, ensuring inventory integrity, dealing with technical customer relation experiences, merchandising, and other requirements that occur in a fast-passed work environment. I had the opportunity to create an immediate direct positive influence in all of my customers sporting and personal lives, which provided me with the unique experience of developing a substantial return customer basis, and allowed me to provide an elite level of technical knowledge and experience for each and every customer. I have also had the unique opportunity of aiding in various volunteer events, facilitating underprivileged youth with sporting equipment, and a means to stay healthy and active.
Pros
Training and development with the sporting world
Cons
Lag in responsiveness from head office due to a corporate approach
Fun workplace
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
Fun to work, co-workers are great, learned a lot about customer service. great atmosphere to work in. worked with people who love sport and living an active lifestyle
Productive and amazing work environment.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 May 2016
The time I spent working here was AMAZING! I started off as a volunteer worker for High School credits and was eventually called back in to join a great staff of team by the store manager as a seasonal staff member.
Footwear Expert/Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2016
great all around environment. good people, good work, everything.
learned how to talk to strangers and met new people all the time
Fun workplace good people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 July 2014
i have only worked for sport chek for couple months and so far its a good job. fun work place to be in with people who all have something in common. making friends is really easy.
the discount there is awesome and helps a lot
they are open to suggestions and management is awesome
Pros
discount, people, management, friendly enviorment, good company
Cons
salary, not enough hours
Flexible schedules and good discount
Cashier/Clothing Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2016
My time at Sportchek has been enjoyable. For the most part management is very good and also very flexible with scheduling. The discount is also a great bonus.
Fun workplace
Clothing department (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB30 April 2016
Very casual employees with good managers. Every day on the job you learned something new about yourself and others. Everyone was very welcoming and understanding. Nothing about the job was all that hard it was just a matter of learning new skills, I loved being able to work in such a great place.
Pros
Flexible clothing
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB3 June 2016
not one of my favorite jobs, I did not like just being a cashier as i had to stand there all day. I would have liked if they switched it up a bit but it was overall an ok job.
Pros
discount
Cons
no hours
Fun workplace for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 July 2015
It is nice place to start as a student. It can teach you quite a bit about organization, improve your social and communication skills.
Pros
fun place to work, lots of communication with people
Cons
salary
Safe, friendly, and educational place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 April 2016
SportChek was an incredibly comfortable and enjoyable place to work. They successfully provided me with the skills and knowledge to be a successful sales associate. My managers were engaging and responsible and my coworkers were supportive and willing to assist me when necessary.
Fun and engaging environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 April 2016
really fun place to work and even better people to work with. management was great and it was a great experience to learn customer service
Fast-paced workplace with a positive company message and friendly atmosphere
Cash Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2015
Fun place to work at with great employee discounts. Decent amount of red tape and politics. Management dynamics are sometimes stressful but expected of a big company. Work expectations vary greatly depending on the department you work in.
Pros
Great employee discount
great customers and coworkers
Hardgoods Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 March 2016
management not the best.
quit due to sexist comments made by the general manager
not given breaks until OVER 5 hours.
it can be super slow and boring just like any retail job.
Pros
great discount (but theres a limit)