Sport Chek Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun work place
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Great Atmosphere, good people, great team work, lots of knowledge about product. I have learnt a tremendous amount on how to deal with people and customer service issues.
Fun workplace and very flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 16, 2015
Good job for high school students because of the managers who understand the minimum hours you can work. Expected to be able to multitask with folding clothes, greeting customers, helping customers with questions, and answering phone calls. Busy workplace but as long as you stay focused and dedicated it will be a good working experience. Enjoyable staff and friendly managers who help get to know you on a more personal level. Sports atmosphere so if your interested in sports its a great job to share your knowledge and learn about new things during your training process.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Not much training preperation
One of the best places to work.
Hard goods sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJuly 19, 2015
Sportcheck is an amazing company to work for. There is nothing but benefits to working their. The culture is amazing an promotes healthily active lifestyles for all. The company really gives back to the employees as well.
Sport chek
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 20, 2016
Great place to work for they have the best discount for any company that i know of. Management could be a bit more consistent but what can you do
An Amazing Place To Work
Construction (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJune 1, 2015
FGL sports is a incredible company to work for. The culture is very unique and they have a great work/life balance. The management teams are incredibly strong and knowledgeable.
Sportchek
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Great job for the sport lover, lots of knowledge can be obtained. Management can at times be understanding. The hardest part of the job is flexibility with hours, hard to get time away if there is an emergency because the employees themselves have to find their own replacements for shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with customers and other employees.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
depending on other employees to take shifts
Horrible management
Manager (Former Employee) –  SaskatchewanMarch 23, 2016
If your not part of the crowd they will set you up to fail. Store managers like to talk behind employees backs and will starve them out in stead of training them properly
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
Not Enough Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONApril 19, 2016
Advertise for help, but fail to say that they can't guarantee hours.
I applied and was told 9-20hrs a week.
Who can live off that?
You want a revolving door of staff keep it up!
Challenging yet beneficial place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Dealing with the general public and staff on a daily basis was never the same everyday. New challenges were faced and upper management was very supportive.
Pros
Working with all types of people
Cons
Many work hours each week
Fun and Productive work day
Clothing Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day of work involves engaging customers and providing them with a full customer service experience.I greet customers while helping them find what they came into the store for and providing them with the knowledge they need in order to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
Fun and engaging environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 16, 2016
really fun place to work and even better people to work with. management was great and it was a great experience to learn customer service
Fun and energetic work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 16, 2015
Fun, fast paced work environment. Must be able to multi-task and be at constant disposal to the customers in and out of the store. Friendly staff and management.
Standard Retail Job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 9, 2016
Relatively standard retail job. It all depends on the store leadership, and it can either be a rewarding or tedious job.
organized and fun
Hard Goods Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
Sport Chek was very cohesive so everybody understood their role in the company and day to day duties. It was a nice friendly environment.
Productive, fun work place.
VISUAL MERCHENDISER (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ONJuly 29, 2015
When I come into work I do a morning walk of the store to see what are some good selling opportunities for the day. I rework the store to make is visually appealing and to store standards. I make sure deadlines are made on time, and requirements are made. I work extremely well with the managers we always have a game plan and make sure we are all on the same page. The hardest part of my job is doing store change overs. The most enjoyable part of my job is always staying busy and I like change.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Change overs
Fun workplace, great people.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 21, 2016
Slow paced work environment, great people. Learned to persuade customers into buying the right merchandise to suit their needs. Built social, and verbal communication skills with people, and overall became a more fluent speaker, and worker.
Pros
Flexible shifts, and hours.
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
They provided me with great training and skills to further myself and my career path in life. They gave me skills to broaden my knowledge in various aspect in the workforce.
Great place to work with young people
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC , Burnaby BCAugust 25, 2014
Great place to work, but you are working with many young people. This can sometimes be challenging to maintain a professionalism within the workplace. Driving the customer experience and sales is of top priority. There are few opportunities for advancement within the Greater Vancouver area. Discounts and bonus potentials are fantastic. Paid on a 40 hour work week. Expect to work 50 hours minimum. Longest week for me was 85 hours during holiday periods.
Pros
young energetic sales advisors, great product discounts, bonus opportunities.
Cons
long hours, unappreciated by upper management
Only took because desperate
hard goods (Former Employee) –  collingwoodJune 11, 2015
When starting this job I had to wait a month after my interview and job offer until I started because they wanted to wait till their fiscal year started.
With shifts randomly between 9am-10pm it was hard to get any family time. Having worked retail for 10 years prior I was brought in to be a regular associate with a starting rate of minimum wage and because I was desperate I accepted.
After watching the management of 30+ year old males hitting on the high school girls that worked there I spent most days counting down the clock.
Once I found another part time job with real pay I tried booking my regular scheduled days off with sport Chek but they kept booking me on those days and expected me to give up my well paying job or find someone to cover the day I booked off.
Pros
Discount
Cons
management, no hours, can't do anything without corporate permission
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 4, 2015
Working at Sport check is a great way to greet Customers and tell them the sales that is going on in the store making sure you are on top of the task that is given.
Management is very great and on top of customers satisfaction and very supportive.