Sport Chek Employee Review

Fun place to work during summer
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 May 2013
Typical days at work is smiling and helping customers meet their needs, which isn't hard for me at all. Footwear sales is easy as 1-2-3 seeing that i love shoes. management was ok, didn't see them too much but i had a great supervisor on staff.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Not enough shifts to suit my living.

Other Sport Chek Employee Reviews

Great coworkers, management issues
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2017
Managers are rarely on the same page. Great work environment with people around the same age working. The job itself is simple with decent training before you start. The discount is cost of the item plus 10%, but is capped at $2000 for part time, $4000 for full time.
Pros
Discount, flexible hours
Cons
Not a lot of hours available, management issues
Productive workplace with caring management team.
Softgoods/Footwear Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 December 2017
This particular location had a management team that cared about their employees well-being. They were often able to schedule hours based on employee availability, which can be quite challenging in retail. Although, due to restrictions from upper management, we were often understaffed.

The salary for management positions did not equal the amount of work that needed to be done. Often given tight deadlines for projects, which made finishing these projects more difficult due to understaffing.

They job was often very easy going, and employees were easy to get along with. During customer rushes, we often all worked together, rather than letting each other fend for ourselves.

The hardest part of the job was most definitely getting projects from upper management done in the time frame they wanted it done.

The best part of the job, in all honesty, were my coworkers. They were often conscientious to what the customers needed, and were usually willing to go above and beyond to help.
Pros
Intelligent employees, great management team, workable scheduling
Cons
Long hours, lower than average pay, short time frames to get work done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Chek. Our community is ready to answer.