Sport Chek Employee Reviews in Canada

fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Balzac, ABAugust 27, 2016
working at sport check is a fun workplace environment within its limits sometimes the workplace can get a little bit stressed with just simply people not knowing what to when times gets busy and overran by customers.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
stressful at times
Flexible hours, Great management, and a good work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of completing many tasks while also staying available to the customers demands and needs. these various tasks include re-stocking product on display, general maintenance of the department and a selection of nightly assigned cleaning duties such as sweeping and or changing the garbage's in the department
Pros
flexible hours, stress free environment
good for part time after school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 23, 2016
Sportchek is a good store to work for. The discount is great and i have made many friends but the management is not understanding and appreciative of staff members. its very hard to move up in the company and don't even try to call in sick because they will tell you to get your shift covered or you are coming in throwing up or not.
Pros
discount is great, i made a lot of friends
Cons
forced to work when sick, no appreciation for staff, pay raise is only 10 cents every year, only one half hour break in an 8 hour shi
Nice job
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 22, 2016
I enjoyed working over there all my co-workers were so passionate about sports which made the experience even better but over all the place was super nice
Pros
Passion for sports
Cons
Short hours
Nice people with a welcoming and fun atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 4, 2016
A typical day at work for me is standing behind a desk, tidying up, and helping customers with their purchases. Ive learned more about sports than anything, but I've also gained great communication skills with not only customers but the people I work with. The best part about my job is when the customer leaves in a great mood and are satisfied with their purchase.
Pros
Our discounts
Cons
slow days
Good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 31, 2016
Good work place. Sometimes tough. Have to give great customer service. Good discounts. Manangers can be really tough, but they are mostly easy going.
Sport chek
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 20, 2016
Great place to work for they have the best discount for any company that i know of. Management could be a bit more consistent but what can you do
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 13, 2016
Help customers get sized up for shoes, open up fitting rooms, give people knowledge about our products and our return/exchange policy.
Learned about shoes and the different types, learned about clothing and the different material each is used for, learned how to properly size for shoes and learning about all the products you have to deal with.
Co-workers make the workplace enjoyable.
Enticing atmosphere and fantastic management
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 25, 2016
Decent hours were given for each work day. I learned much information regarding how a job in retail operates, while at the same time improving my communication skills with fellow workers. Management was extremely helpful and friendly, and the overall environment was welcoming. Co-workers were also friendly and worked hard. The hardest part of the job involved the slower days, where all there was to do was stocking shelves and taking inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job was how laid-back the workers and management were.
Pros
Good environment, decent hours
Cons
Quite repetitive
Fantastic
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Sport Chek was extremely flexible with hours and managers actually cared about their employees. Very enjoyable people to work with and an environment that was easy to get used to. Always something to do to keep busy. Managers would take time to teach you so you could improve instead of just being yelled at when you don't know how to do something.
Pros
Flexible, positive environment and great managers.
Cons
Low pay
Work is ok, but was it was Co-Op (job placement)
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 20, 2016
A typical day would be going to stockroom putting clothes on hangers, relocating merchandise, etc...

What I learned about working at Sport Chek was that some of my co-workers didn't like their job and seemed angry about it.
love discount didnt like work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 16, 2016
i loved the discount it was like constantly buying stuff on sale all for my self. specially shoe discounts sucks that there are limits. didnt like management at all isnt easy going up to them at all without being dissed for anything!!! overall best discount horrible environment not my only experience had 3-4 other co workers quit too!!!
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no shifts, management
Footwear Expert/Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 15, 2016
great all around environment. good people, good work, everything.
learned how to talk to strangers and met new people all the time
Fun workplace
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 8, 2016
Fun to work, co-workers are great, learned a lot about customer service. great atmosphere to work in. worked with people who love sport and living an active lifestyle
fun and interactive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 7, 2016
great part time job for people who are currently enrolled in school. flexible work scheduele. includes providing expert customer service, reaching sales goals, maintaining your department, and setting up weekly sales advertisements.
fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 6, 2016
I enjoy working at Sport chek because the people there are kind, hard working and willing to train. Management is understanding. I would recommend working there if you can.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 3, 2016
not one of my favorite jobs, I did not like just being a cashier as i had to stand there all day. I would have liked if they switched it up a bit but it was overall an ok job.
Pros
discount
Cons
no hours
Positive work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 25, 2016
A typical day at sportchek consists of greeting customers, providing them with information about our products and services, and cashing customers out.

While at the till I am responsible for the cash and ensuring all media balances at the end of the shift.

I also participate in cleaning tasks as well as stocking the store.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Too many cashiers hired, not enough hours
fun and lively
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCMay 24, 2016
A typical day of work would result in me hanging and tagging the close we are putting on the floor. Then trying to shift things around to make the product fit in with the rest of the brand, or similar items. Then in between all that is helping customers find what they are looking for and if I cant then finding something is similar to the product or will fit their needs even better. But what I have learned most in a typical day of work is how to interact batter with people, and how I have done this by the help of my clothing manager. She walks me through the steps and when I'm done helping a customer I usually go back to her tell her and ask what I can approve upon. My co-workers are people I can depended upon when I need to run into the back or need help because I have to many customers I'm trying to help. Which is really the hardest part of the job is trying to juggle so customers at once, but the most enjoyable part is when I find what the customer is looking for. Another enjoyable part would be getting to here the customers stories about where they come from or what they are training for, and why.
Sportchek Hardgoods Associate
Floor Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Typical Retail Job, the management are generally low quality and turn-over quickly, making the job more difficult,
This job is more suited for students
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Low Quality management